A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,555
Currently Running With Scissors:
751 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hayao Miyazaki/ Studio Ghibli Swap (Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, etc)  (Read 3439 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LilFiney

Wishing for Summer.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2008 05:41:20 AM »

Ok Ghibli Fans!!

I AM GOING TO ORGANIZE!! ha ha.  I double checked and double checked what needs to be done, and decided I am going to do it. 

BUT! I would LOVE to hear what you guys think.  I read through all the previous posts and people seem to want it to be a little smaller.  However, most people have expressed an interest in making a crochet totorro, which I consider to be a Large/Big project  (don't your??  Wink)

So, here is what I am proposing:

One Big:
One Medium:
One Small:

OR

One Big
Three Smalls

Big=3+ hours crafting
Medium=2+ hours
Small= 1+ hours

I would try to get everything set up to open signups by the end of the week (Saturday-ish) and have signups last for two weeks??  Then it would be one  month to complete your projects and send. 

What do you guys think??  Please let me know what you think, honestly.  I ask for patience!!  Smiley  It may take a few tries to get things correct.   But I promise to do the best I can as an organizer!!

Edit:  I did PM Medli (the person who started this post) to make sure that she did not want to organize at all.  The same goes for all of the previous "i can organize" people.  If you want to organize, let me know and I will step down or help you co-organize!!  I am thinking that something came up and they are busy with work/school and thats why I am stepping up.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008 06:18:01 AM by LilFiney » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avoiding homework one stitch at a time....
boolace7
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2008 11:35:56 AM »

that sounds gret to me! thanks for volunteering to organize!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

there's a party in my tummy, so yummy, so yummy!

http://www.wists.com/boolace7
Nven
Also known as Aeramel

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2008 01:58:15 PM »

Oh no, I forgot about this one and was thinking of taking a swap break (been working at least one for the last few months) for fear of swap burnout.  I guess I'll have to see how I feel with sign-ups open.

Question:  Would the crafts be based off our favourite Miyazaki/Studio Ghipbli films or our partners?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in personal swaps; offering knits for eco baby and mama items.
LilFiney

Wishing for Summer.

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2008 02:20:42 PM »

Question:  Would the crafts be based off our favourite Miyazaki/Studio Ghipbli films or our partners?

Well, I think that depends.  If I organize I will try to match up partners (to my best ability) with partners that have the same movie as a fav.  So hopefully, both of you will decide to craft the same movie.

For example, I will try not to pair Partner A who  loves Howl's Moving Castle and has never seen Grave of the FireFlies with partner B who Love's Grave of the Fireflies and think's the disney remakes are horrible...

Does that make sense??   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cursive_queen
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2008 02:38:57 PM »

Oooh LilFiney are you going to organize?  Do you have a possible sign up date in mind?  (i'm trying to work this into my school schedule Cheesy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
medli
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2008 04:25:53 PM »

You have all my blessings, LilFiney!

I like the one big and three smalls package.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LilFiney

Wishing for Summer.

« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2008 08:00:24 PM »

OK crafters!! Medli has given her blessing! (thanks again for the quick response!)  I have an Analytical "anal" chem test on Friday.  Friday EVENING or Saturday Morning I will put up the SWAP!  Again, it will be about a 10-14 day Sign up period.  I kind of like the One Big, Three Little packages, like Medli. 

Please let me know what you think! I am still open for ideas/suggestions!

As for partners, I will post them as soon as sign ups are complete.  There will be a brief, "away from computer" while my husband, puppy, and I venture to the U.P. in Michigan to enjoy the fall at my Mother in Law.  They live out in the middle of nowhere, in what I call the "hansel and gretel" forest, with BEARS, OH MY!!  so I will not be able to answer any questions for that time period.  I will let you know official dates when the time comes closer.  Smiley

I hope that is ok!!

The house in the UP.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kirby_kurd
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2008 05:54:34 AM »

...I venture to the U.P. in Michigan...

Not swap related (sorry!), but I'm a Yooper and am always shocked that people come here willing.  Where in the UP are you headed?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nven
Also known as Aeramel

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2008 06:08:07 AM »

Sounds good to me.  I'll keep an eye out for signouts and do a little dance to the gods of swapiness that I'm not pooped by then.

And have fun in the U.P. =)  That pic makes me really miss living out in the townships.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in personal swaps; offering knits for eco baby and mama items.
LilFiney

Wishing for Summer.

« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2008 07:22:41 AM »

Not swap related (sorry!), but I'm a Yooper and am always shocked that people come here willing.  Where in the UP are you headed?

It's really funny, because we hail from North Dakota.... which some people think is the middle of nowhere.. but we go to Norway (near Iron Mountain??), which is like stepping back into the 70s.  Seriously. But man, is it beautiful!!

*note, its lovely until I get that "trapped" feeling.  I live in the plains, where I can see for 10 miles, in the UP I can barely see a half mile... AHH!*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Tutu Dress
The Wildlife Pins of George G. Harris
Ryan at the Hot Shop
Turning Crafts Into Cash
How to Make a Guitar Pick from a Gift Card
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...