A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 305,038
Currently Running With Scissors:
506 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help with trailer walls  (Read 536 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tmurray
« on: July 22, 2008 11:22:38 AM »

I live in a older trailer. Has anyone ever done any work on walls and floors in a trailer? I have some water damage and need to redo one of the bathrooms. I will need to replace the floor and want to take out the tub and put in a stand up shower and replace the toilet. I will be getting some help from my brother with the replacing of the toilet and shower, but need some instructions on replacing the floors. One problem I forsee is that there is also damage to the floor to the adjoining bedroom that I will also need to repair or replace. I dont think I can afford a professional but we can do it ourselves if we know what to do.
Thanks for any suggestions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crappiefisher
Crappiefisher

I just LOVE craftster!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008 05:27:23 PM »

I had friends who lived in a trailer that they had to do a lot of work to. They just did what you normally do when you replace the floor or wall. Use good subflooring and a vinyl tile for the floor. They ripped off the walls in the living room, added more insulation and then drywalled it.  You could also put up cheap paneling that looks nice.

I don't know where you live, but you may want to look up a Habitat for Humanity store near you for a good price on supplies or a resale building supply place or put an ad in Freecycle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't you let nobody tell you that you can't do nothin. You can do whatevah you put your mind to!" - wise words from my Granny when I was 5 years old.
tmurray
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008 07:44:40 AM »

Thanks.. We do have a Restore in our area and I had planned on going over there tomorrow( I have the day off) and looking around there. I am going to look for a shower there... and what ever else I can find there.. I am going on vacation in a few weeks and hope to have this at least started before I go.  I will take pictures
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crappiefisher
Crappiefisher

I just LOVE craftster!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008 09:34:10 AM »

be sure to post pics!

I happen to have talked to my friends (they're in KY, I'm in AL). They said that paneling works best on the walls. Trailers are more flexible than "stick homes" so the drywall tends to shift and crack.  You can always paint paneling or wallpaper over it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't you let nobody tell you that you can't do nothin. You can do whatevah you put your mind to!" - wise words from my Granny when I was 5 years old.
jandjsmom
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008 08:34:09 AM »

I know this is a sort of old thread and hope you where able to get the repairs underway.  I also live in a trailer and have found lots of helpful info on www.mobilehomerepair.com hope it helps with future problems.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
This Is What Happens When You Attach Your Camera To A Kite
Photographers Capture Urban Decay
Rineke Dijkstra: When Art Reflects Art
Bob Gruen LIVE
How to Get the Best Shot on Your Digital Camera
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...