A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,466
Currently Running With Scissors:
530 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Relocated to Bethesda / DC Metro Area -- anyone want to make stuff with me?  (Read 4101 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

greenporchlights
« on: July 22, 2008 10:35:19 AM »

Hey everyone, I'm new to both Craftster and Bethesda, Maryland. I'm looking to make some new friends who share the same interests as me, namely, crafting and such.

A little about me: I'm 25, engaged to the cutest boy ever, and I'm a middle school teacher. I love books (I teach English), music (concerts, anyone? I've already got tickets to Tilly and the Wall and Thao Nguyen at Black Cat), movies (I'm loving that theatres here actually show indie films, unlike in my old city), and most importantly, crafting. I enjoy paper crafts the most, with a side dose of DIY projects, beading, and sewing. I recently purchased a Print Gocco, so I'm waiting anxiously for it to come in the mail so I can try it out.

So, anyone live nearby? Want to try out my new Gocco with me? Grab a coffee?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mcbenno
Pronounced mc.ben.no, not mc.bean.o ;)

It's a guineasaurus rex!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008 09:15:14 PM »

Jenicat and I live in Fairfax - coffee or lunch? It's not SUPER close, but it's not too far Wink PM us if interested.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewista
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008 09:47:12 PM »

Hi ladies.  I knit, make jewelry and just took up sewing.  I would love to get together sometime.  I am 32 and live in DC.  PM me if interested.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ambimom

Knit, Sew, Spin but Pug Love Is Best

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008 06:15:16 AM »

Greenporchlights I don't live there now, but I DID live in Glover Park (D.C.) for 20 years.  You are minutes away from the most fabulous fabric store in the northeast.... G Street Remnants on Rockville Pike.  I started going there when it was still located in an office building on G Street that was torn down when they built the Metro. They have the best remnants....I mean I got Nicole Miller fabric in 2 and 3 yard pieces for $2 a yard.   I love that place! 

D.C. area is great place for crafts and sewing (or was when I lived there, and hope still is. ) There's the Textile Museum (off Massachusetts Avenue) (near Buffalo Bridge in D.C.) which you have to visit.  There's the annual Folk Festival on the mall (in July) where you'll meet many local weavers, knitters, potters, etc.

As you can tell, I miss living there ---You are sure to find like-minded people.  Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I took the handmade pledge at birth
julia2222
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008 09:03:31 AM »

I sent you a PM- I'd love to meet up!  I just moved back to the DC area (where I grew up) and am looking for crafty friends.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Retrolola
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008 06:30:52 PM »

Hey dudettes,

I live in DC and am also looking for some craft partners. Sewista suggested a sewing group--is anybody else up for that? Either way, it would be cool to meet some other crafty girls. Maybe meet up at Crafty Bastards in September?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
peihan17
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008 04:11:07 PM »

I'm in Bethesda on weekends- I'd love to meet up with some fellow craftsters! Smiley  I've always wanted to try gocco'ing but too expensive to buy without knowing if I'll actually like it =/  I mostly do hand sewing and beadwork, a little artwork here and there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pro personal swaps and always open to a penpal!  PM me =)

Wist :: Etsy :: Flickr
glayla
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008 11:56:00 AM »

Oh man, I read about Crafty Bastards 1 day too late! Sad  I just moved to the area as well and am a sewing enthusiast. Does anyone go to the sewing meetup in Wheaton?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ninnycat
Crafty Wiccan Pastry Chef

Porque no cantas su propio cancion?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008 12:31:14 PM »

Hey! I craft every weekend with a couple of girls from my crafting group; the more the merrier!
We usually meet up in the U Street/Adams Morgan/Dupont area; anyone interested in grabbing coffee and crafting this weekend? Smiley

Also, here is the link to the group, if it is easier that way.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CraftyCircle

Ciao,
Ninny
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Be who you are and say what you will because    those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss
peihan17
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008 01:31:41 PM »

Oh neat- I'm gonna join the yahoo group, though I don't know if I'll be able to make it anytime soon (weekends are the only time I see my husband, but hopefully that will change in a year or so!) Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pro personal swaps and always open to a penpal!  PM me =)

Wist :: Etsy :: Flickr
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Do a Glam Foundation Routine
Best Perfumes To Wear for Fall
Contouring Tips with Michelle Phan
Drugstore Makeup Haul
The Best Way to Remove Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...