A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 315,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
446 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Gryffindor Scarf! POA (trapped bar) style  (Read 39595 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tasket.basket
Darn . . . It was my turn to bring the Bundt cake.

The internet is made of people.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008 11:14:53 AM »

So I'm going to need a Hufflepuff and a Slytherin swap partner at some point.  Two down, two to go!

i would totally be your slytherin partner ~ i ADORE their colors!

That sounds awesome!  And you like their colors well enough to wrap your self in eight and a half feet of them?  lol.  We should pm each other before the fall swap sign ups and also request each other on the questionnaire!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's really only one question that can be answered . . . and we already know the answer. . . .  -- Ursula K. LeGuin, The Left Hand of Darkness

my blog
my wists
DaringToBeGreat

freckle, freckle, what makes you so special?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2008 05:17:31 PM »

DaringToBeGreat , thank you so much for your kind words!

I wish I had known about the swap! I love and miss HP so much!

There's a discussion in the New Swap Theme Ideas board about a new HP swap in August: Harry Potter Forever?

You could sign up for that one when the sign ups start!  I'll have to sit out the August swap, but I'll do the one in the fall.  (Nothing specific yet, I'm just confidant there will be one in the fall. Wink )

Thanks for the heads up! I will definitely have to check that one out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tasket.basket

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2008 06:16:20 PM »

No problem!  And your icon, hahaha.  You are going to be an awesome HP swapper!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's really only one question that can be answered . . . and we already know the answer. . . .  -- Ursula K. LeGuin, The Left Hand of Darkness

my blog
my wists
thinkright
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008 05:43:11 AM »

I'm just learning to knit, as well as new to craftster.  Oh, the possibilities.  I just love what you did with this swap!  Beautiful..presentation and all! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tasket.basket

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008 09:14:34 AM »

Thank you so much, thinkright!  And welcome to Craftster!  Good luck with your knitting!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my wists
cookimistress

I live in my head too much

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2008 06:55:29 PM »

absolutely gorgeous!

any chance you have a link or something to a pattern for those flowers?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JForbes

Umm..are we downside up?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2008 06:58:47 PM »

That's such a great scarf! I miss HP too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to do a personal swap!
tasket.basket

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2008 10:37:05 PM »

absolutely gorgeous!

Thank you, cookimistress!

I don't have a link or pattern for the flowers.  My daughter (beauootifulsooooup here on Craftster) made them, just on her own.  (And she's out of town, so I can't ask just at the moment, lol.)

I do know the basic construction, though.  You make a little chain, just a few stitches, slip to join it into a ring, and then chain up (like, 8 or 12 stitches or so), then join the end of each chain into the ring with sc.  This makes a loop which makes a petal.  (Wow, does that even make sense?)  So you do that around until you have several petals!  If you make two flowers with different petal sizes (more/fewer chains in each petal loop) you can stack them for a layered look, like these flowers.

If you want to see closer pics of the flowers, if that would help, there are some at this post on my blog, and they are also at my flickr account.  I'll also ask my daughter for more details when I speak with her on the phone! Cheesy

Thank you so much, JForbes!  I know!  I miss HP, too!  (But HP swapping is good for that, lol!)  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my wists
cookimistress

I live in my head too much

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2008 06:59:55 AM »

absolutely gorgeous!

Thank you, cookimistress!

I don't have a link or pattern for the flowers.  My daughter (beauootifulsooooup here on Craftster) made them, just on her own.  (And she's out of town, so I can't ask just at the moment, lol.)

I do know the basic construction, though.  You make a little chain, just a few stitches, slip to join it into a ring, and then chain up (like, 8 or 12 stitches or so), then join the end of each chain into the ring with sc.  This makes a loop which makes a petal.  (Wow, does that even make sense?)  So you do that around until you have several petals!  If you make two flowers with different petal sizes (more/fewer chains in each petal loop) you can stack them for a layered look, like these flowers.

If you want to see closer pics of the flowers, if that would help, there are some at this post on my blog, and they are also at my flickr account.  I'll also ask my daughter for more details when I speak with her on the phone! Cheesy

Thank you so much, JForbes!  I know!  I miss HP, too!  (But HP swapping is good for that, lol!)  Cheesy

Thank you thank you!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RosieRosenow
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2010 10:15:19 PM »

Hello! I know this blog hasn't been commented on for a few years, but the website with the pattern has closed down and I'm holding on hope that you will still get this. Do you remember the pattern you used for this? I absolutely love it and want to replicate it as closely as I can. Thank you!

Rosie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Woolen Willy Warmer Part 5/21
How to Crochet a Woolen Willy Warmer Part 9/21
How to Crochet Adult Size Sock Slippers Part 1/29
How to Crochet a Woolen Willy Warmer Part 2/21
How to Crochet a Woolen Willy Warmer Part 17/21
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...
Flower Power!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...