A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,124
Currently Running With Scissors:
608 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: To Dye For sweater....in black (not dyed)  (Read 3437 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

staysik
« on: July 21, 2008 03:11:24 PM »

Here's pics of the To Dye For sweater from Stitch N Bitch, the original book.  I used Suss Mohair in black.  The sweater is really easy- the hardest part was seaming it.  Oh and getting all my jewelry hung up on it while I'm wearing it  Undecided   Here's the best I can do to show the texture and drape and all that stuff w/ the lame camera I have:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

<a href="http://www.shophandmade.com/Store/Staysik">Arte de Shelley</a>
TheSleepyKnitter
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008 04:10:09 PM »

Good work on the sweater. The open stitch makes for a great drape. Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adopting second "special needs" international baby, wanting cloth diapers to help cut expenses, will ===SWAP for cloth diapers===.
La Maestra
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008 08:59:08 PM »

Heeeyyyyyy - in black, this is just an oh-so-sexy sweater (nice job!) -  but I had to get excited about the closeup!  I totally started to learn to knit so I might make faux chainmail (have you ever tried to walk around in the real stuff?Huh  SOOOoooooo heavy)  - I need to learn how to make such a loose, rounded pattern in a grey/silver cord!

And there's another sweater I've been trying to find in red that needs this loose knit - wow!

The key phrase is "The sweater was really easy" I can barely knit my brow.   On to find that book!  Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
staysik
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008 02:06:53 PM »

Thanks fer the feedback!  I love this sweater!  It's really warm, and it would look cool in so many colors.  It can be really sexy- w/ a corset or bra or bustier underneath, or toned down with a tank-top or wife-beater underneath, or really toned down w/ a short sleeve  to long-sleeve for maximum coverage.  Of course, the sweater's pretty warm, so you'd wanna wear a really thin material underneath so you dn't "dye" of over-heating.  The pattern calls for big needles, so its just St. st. and the thin mohair yarn.  Which looks very cool.  Thanks again!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<a href="http://www.shophandmade.com/Store/Staysik">Arte de Shelley</a>
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Properly Contour Your Nose
Top Picks For Best Face Makeup And Body Lotion
How Much Sunscreen Do You Need to Apply Daily?
Beauty From Texas, Ingredients and All!
Kardashian Makeup Artist Shares How To Get Glam
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...