A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,452
Currently Running With Scissors:
379 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: To Dye For sweater....in black (not dyed)  (Read 3447 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

staysik
« on: July 21, 2008 03:11:24 PM »

Here's pics of the To Dye For sweater from Stitch N Bitch, the original book.  I used Suss Mohair in black.  The sweater is really easy- the hardest part was seaming it.  Oh and getting all my jewelry hung up on it while I'm wearing it  Undecided   Here's the best I can do to show the texture and drape and all that stuff w/ the lame camera I have:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

<a href="http://www.shophandmade.com/Store/Staysik">Arte de Shelley</a>
TheSleepyKnitter
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008 04:10:09 PM »

Good work on the sweater. The open stitch makes for a great drape. Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adopting second "special needs" international baby, wanting cloth diapers to help cut expenses, will ===SWAP for cloth diapers===.
La Maestra
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008 08:59:08 PM »

Heeeyyyyyy - in black, this is just an oh-so-sexy sweater (nice job!) -  but I had to get excited about the closeup!  I totally started to learn to knit so I might make faux chainmail (have you ever tried to walk around in the real stuff?Huh  SOOOoooooo heavy)  - I need to learn how to make such a loose, rounded pattern in a grey/silver cord!

And there's another sweater I've been trying to find in red that needs this loose knit - wow!

The key phrase is "The sweater was really easy" I can barely knit my brow.   On to find that book!  Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
staysik
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008 02:06:53 PM »

Thanks fer the feedback!  I love this sweater!  It's really warm, and it would look cool in so many colors.  It can be really sexy- w/ a corset or bra or bustier underneath, or toned down with a tank-top or wife-beater underneath, or really toned down w/ a short sleeve  to long-sleeve for maximum coverage.  Of course, the sweater's pretty warm, so you'd wanna wear a really thin material underneath so you dn't "dye" of over-heating.  The pattern calls for big needles, so its just St. st. and the thin mohair yarn.  Which looks very cool.  Thanks again!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<a href="http://www.shophandmade.com/Store/Staysik">Arte de Shelley</a>
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Add a Watermark to any Image in Photoshop
Photoshop Plug-in Filter - Review
How to Create a Dreamy Glow Effect in Photoshop
How to Copy and Paste
How to Create an Alien in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...