A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,385
Currently Running With Scissors:
718 Guests and 43 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Charity etsy shop... again.  (Read 461 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

allyinthevalley
« on: July 21, 2008 07:15:41 AM »

Hi there! I'm Ally. I've started a vintage Etsy shop where 100% of profits go to charity. (Specifically, they'll be going to two poor villages in Uganda.)
Some people may remember that I did something similar to this a little less than a year ago. It was called "Maruapula" and I sold only things that other people made and sent me. It didn't work, because there just weren't enough people to donate or enough people buying the things that were sent. I ended up buying out the whole inventory myself and shutting the shop. This shop is different, in that it is not based on other's donations, but on what I can do myself. So far, I feel very positive about it. I've already sold one item!  Grin
I am hoping for some support from others, though. If you're so inclined, here are some things that I would love (but don't absolutely NEED) help on.
1) The biggest thing is spreading the word. If you have a website and could post a link to the store, that would be fantastic. Even if it's just your myspace. If you could post a link to the store in your signature, that would be awesome, too!
2) I would love to send thank you cards out with each purchase. I think it would be so cool if they were handmade, but that's not really my forte. If anyone is really good at that sort of thing, and would like to donate even just 2 or 3 cards, it would help a lot.
3) I would also like business cards. I'm not asking that somebody send me any, but I would appreciate anyone who is good with computer design and art who could make some designs and email them to me to print out.
4) I could use IDEAS and CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM for the site and how it's run. Right now some of the pictures really suck, but I'm working on fixing that already. I need criticism in other areas. Also, as far as ideas, what would be a clever way to package things? How could I encourage repeat customers? Any ideas?
5) VERY SMALL donations would be great. Things like vintage buttons or jewelry, handmade or bought jewelry cards, small boxes, etc.

The store can be found, by the way, at www.thedreamdom.ets y.com. I can't believe I almost forgot to put that up!  Roll Eyes If you would like to know more about where the money is going, please check the shop profile.
Thanks for reading.
Ally
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Holiday Gifts for Beauty Lovers
Picture Perfect Holiday Glam
5 Lifestyle Tips for December 2013
Top 5 Ways to Save Money on Beauty Products
Kerry Washington Shares Skincare Secrets
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...