A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 301,981
Currently Running With Scissors:
673 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fill-A-Box Canadian Style! CLOSED send by 08/25/08  (Read 5994 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nicolatte
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2008 04:35:07 PM »

Dollar Days at Michael's?!?! Shocked Oh goody, clay is on sale!!! I defenitily need to get my butt over there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For all of my jewelry : www.ShiningIsFree.etsy.com
h0p31355

How *hard* could it be?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2008 06:47:13 PM »

i was just there and got a few things, some for me and hopefully some for my partner

i went through my fabric stash and found a bunch of stuff
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~h0p31355~
AbbyRose
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2008 08:27:20 PM »

Okay, question: How small is too small for a piece of fabric? I have many scraps that I was going to use to make hair accessories and such but I've lost the urge... I don't want anyone to think I'm cheating them by giving them my castoffs but some of them are so cute and I'm sure someone would be able to use them! So, what do you think??? How small is too small?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adorable handmade childrens hoodies in stock now!
Wistful Thinking.
I love to DYE Smiley
Handmade cloth diapers, booties, bags and more! www.abbyrosecreations.ca
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2008 10:06:47 PM »

I guess size depends on the person? Like.. I wouldn't mind pretty small pieces, since I do make little sewn things (like hair accessories.. bookmarks.. . and maybe a cute different fabric pocket inside a bag!)

And I'm not collecting anything yet, though I'm excited to! I'm being patient and waiting for my partner, since probably I'd end up with a big pile and it would be all wrong Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nicolatte
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2008 12:16:13 AM »

I'm actually anxious to get the envelops were sending in! I'm kind of worried I'm not gonna fill it up enough Embarrassed I've never've done one of these swaps, so I'm not sure how much were expected to fill these things up! Has anyone here been in a 'fill a something' swap, any tips on how much is 'enough' or should we really stuff it up until it explodes? I'm assuming we won't be able to fill it with as much as when the US do it, they fill a whole box Cheesy Sorry about all the blabbering, it's defenitily the swap anxiety escaping Lips sealed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Slingmomma
Crafty Esthetician!

Accessory hoarder.... scarves beware!

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2008 05:27:25 AM »

Okay, question: How small is too small for a piece of fabric? I have many scraps that I was going to use to make hair accessories and such but I've lost the urge... I don't want anyone to think I'm cheating them by giving them my castoffs but some of them are so cute and I'm sure someone would be able to use them! So, what do you think??? How small is too small?

Definitely depends on your partner! As long as you discuss with your partner what sizes are okay for eachother its fine, just make sure that if you are sending teeny pieces that it is a fair size "amount" of them! That way its fair if someone say gets a few full size pieces! I hope that makes sense!

I'm actually anxious to get the envelops were sending in! I'm kind of worried I'm not gonna fill it up enough Embarrassed I've never've done one of these swaps, so I'm not sure how much were expected to fill these things up! Has anyone here been in a 'fill a something' swap, any tips on how much is 'enough' or should we really stuff it up until it explodes? I'm assuming we won't be able to fill it with as much as when the US do it, they fill a whole box Cheesy Sorry about all the blabbering, it's defenitily the swap anxiety escaping Lips sealed

Don't worry! Fill as full as you think necessary! As long as you discuss with your partner the things they want I am sure you will be able to fill it pretty full! You will be surprised to see how much will fit in. It probably won't be as crazy amount of stuff as the US boxes but we could try Wink Have fun, and don't worry about how much, just make sure its an amount you would want to receive!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A Spinners Magic Yarn ball! Join us!
Fat Quarter swap-almost done craft for sloth003 Cheesy
IYP 17-deadbathducky waiting still to receive!
Sew/Yarn v's Paper-got my partners!
foreversandals
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2008 06:36:03 AM »

3 days! I can't wait!  Grin

I haven't started collecting yet. I'm waiting till I know what my partner is interested in. Basically for the same reasons as psyche.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs:
- Crochet: Baby Blanket
- Scrapbooking: Ongoing scrapbook
- Body: Creating a baby!!

http://www.wists.com/foreversandals
http://beautythroughthelens.wordpress.com [my photoblog]
nicolatte
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2008 02:44:00 PM »

Don't worry! Fill as full as you think necessary! As long as you discuss with your partner the things they want I am sure you will be able to fill it pretty full! You will be surprised to see how much will fit in. It probably won't be as crazy amount of stuff as the US boxes but we could try Wink Have fun, and don't worry about how much, just make sure its an amount you would want to receive!

Thanks so much, that defenitily helps me alot!! Cheesy Few more days now..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Slingmomma
Crafty Esthetician!

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2008 03:24:52 PM »

I know I'm getting excited too! I'm hoping for a few more to sign up though, to make it an even number so everyone sends to one person! So if you know any crafty Canadians on here let them know!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Slingmomma
Crafty Esthetician!

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2008 04:32:30 PM »

Tomorrow is the last day for sign-ups so any of you just waiting for the last day you better hurry up  lol Wink Cheesy!! I will close sign-ups by 8am (eastern) Friday and will have partners posted by noon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kathy Reichs on Her Novel "Bones Are Forever"
Classics Novels Are Being Morphed Into Erotica
Kresley Cole Reveals the Inspiration for Poison Princess
Brad Thor and Armand Schultz on Black List Interview
Brad Thor and Armand Schultz Black List
Latest Blog Articles
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak
Tute Tuesday: July 4th Light Up the Sky Hat

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...