A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 307,973
Currently Running With Scissors:
461 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: raincoat... perhaps...  (Read 9734 times)
Tags for this thread: coat  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Madei
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008 08:12:13 PM »

This looks pretty cool! Personally I like it without the sash on the bottom. If you wanted to use it, maybe you could tie bows for a girlish touch or just sew a strip of it on the very bottom as a border?

Psst, I think this is the very same shower curtain my bf has in his bathroom. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KaeMarie
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008 08:36:15 PM »

Coolest.  Idea.  Ever.  Seriously.

I was immediately reminded of an Elvish cloak.  That might be weird non sequitor, I don't know.  {It's the hood that does that too me, I think}.  But it definitely looks like something wonderful to hide in on drizzly days.

I am in love with the coat.  Personally, I love the sash, but I agree that maybe it'd look cooler if it were finished somehow. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, we'd have peace. -John Lennon

A dream alone is just a dream, a dream together is a reality. -Yoko Ono
miruvor
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008 08:49:10 PM »

Wow, that is an incredible coat. I love the bottle cap buttons  Smiley what a great idea!
I like it without the sash. The shower curtain holes look like they're intentional  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lizthecraftybitch
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008 09:17:59 PM »

dang. i never knew a raincoat could look so stylish and cool. i like it a lot and now i want one just like it! i vote that you don't do the red sash thing, it looks better without.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aytchjay
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2008 09:33:36 PM »

1. I love it.
2. Love it more without the sash.
3. Always wanted a good raincoat and somehow never thought to make one.
4. Love, love, LOVE your beagle.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
violentlyknits
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2008 12:47:27 AM »

wow! thanks for all your wonderful comments!

About the sash... I think I will leave it out, and maybe sew on a pleated border or something instead. Thanks for all your input on that!

The shower curtain was rreally easy to sew, cause it's not plastic-y like some can be. It's half cotton and half polyester. Really feels more like a fabric than a shower curtain.

The pattern is a modification of a simple jacketpattern found in a scandinavian magazine called kreativa kvinnor (creative women).

And, yeah, my beagle is the cutest thing on the planet Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

you take the things you like, and try to love the things you took.
Eartian
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2008 02:18:20 AM »

The shower curtain was rreally easy to sew, cause it's not plastic-y like some can be. It's half cotton and half polyester. Really feels more like a fabric than a shower curtain.

I was wondering about that actually! It didn't look all that plasticy in the picture, but be careful that it's waterproof before you go out in any storms lol. Most shower curtains like those are meant to have another plastic type curtain behind them when they're put in the bathroom, if you know what I mean.

All in all, I LOVE your raincoat! The covered buttons definitely add a nice touch, but I think I like yourt jacket better without the sash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
atlamom
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2008 04:07:20 AM »

Love your coat.  I like the splash the sash gives it. If you weaved it as rosiegarden suggest and then finished each hole off with one of your cool buttons I think that would polish it off nicely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
devotedplanet
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008 05:05:52 AM »

Oh my god, that's fantastic. I wish I could make something that great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cinderblock
astral adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2008 06:06:06 AM »

i quite like it without the sash, the holes give it an edgy vibe  man...i wish i could sew like that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST
The 3rd Eye
"they sell us love as divinity, but it's only a social obsenity, underneath they're all lovable."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Etched Glasses
Horror Movie Crafts
August 24, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...