A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,575
Currently Running With Scissors:
724 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 43
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Candy/Sweets Swap (Sign-ups CLOSED, Send-outs September 8)  (Read 24870 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LunaKitten
LunaKitten Kreations

I have affairs with fictitious characters.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #350 on: August 29, 2008 03:46:02 PM »

I anxiously await nap time every day.  Smiley  It's not that I like being without her and honestly after she goes down I miss her, but you do need some time to yourself, especially if nap time is the ONLY time you get it (my husband works during the day).

I fully understand, and it doesn't sound awful.  It sounds realistic.  Kids are wonderful but they aren't shiny balls of happiness all the time and even if they were, you still need to DO things for them.  You should be happy to most of the time, but it understandably gets tiring sometimes, especially if you haven't gotten sleep yourself.

You know, it's hard to take care of someone else when you're not taken care of.  Smiley  Sanity counts.
[/quote]

I'm glad someone else knows. My fiance works swing shift, so even when he's off half the time he's sleeping. I'm the stay at home parent, and though I love it, I'm pooped most of the time lol. And yes everyone says well then sleep when hes sleeping, welllllll that works in a perfect world. In my world I watch my sisters two year old twins most days. That and when he finally sleeps even if I'm tired I'm like OOOOOOOOOO alone time, time to craft!! hahah
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Substantial Wist Smiley

Forget all the other crafting tools, what I really want is a sonic screwdriver!!!!

Blessed Be!

I'm up for personal swaps! PM Me! Smiley

Etsy Shop
Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: August 29, 2008 04:33:18 PM »

Well you need to have time to do stuff, too.  That is what people don't realize.  I mean, even if you've had kids, I think you forget what it was like when they were a certain age.  You tend to block out the worst things.  Ha.  I was getting all sentimental recently and thinking "wow, I really don't want another child yet but ... aww, I kind of do..." 

...and then I remembered breastfeeding and how much it hurt at first, and how I would CRY when she would wake up because I was so tired, and I would fall asleep when she was nursing because I was so dead tired.  I didn't nap when she napped because I tried to do laundry and eat or get some time to myself, and because of that I was tired all the time.

Yeah, no other kids any time soon.  Smiley  How old is your son?  Riley is 19 months.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LunaKitten
LunaKitten Kreations

I have affairs with fictitious characters.

« Reply #352 on: August 29, 2008 04:42:48 PM »

Well you need to have time to do stuff, too.  That is what people don't realize.  I mean, even if you've had kids, I think you forget what it was like when they were a certain age.  You tend to block out the worst things.  Ha.  I was getting all sentimental recently and thinking "wow, I really don't want another child yet but ... aww, I kind of do..." 

...and then I remembered breastfeeding and how much it hurt at first, and how I would CRY when she would wake up because I was so tired, and I would fall asleep when she was nursing because I was so dead tired.  I didn't nap when she napped because I tried to do laundry and eat or get some time to myself, and because of that I was tired all the time.

Yeah, no other kids any time soon.  Smiley  How old is your son?  Riley is 19 months.
LOL I am definately not to the wanting more stage yet. He's a really bad sleeper, so I think that keeps the wanting more down to a minimum. I didn't breastfeed because I'm on meds for acid reflux, so I don't know what that is like. I do know that last month I just officially stopped having to be careful about leaking though. (sorry all you non moms who are now grossed out hehe) I can sympathize about the crying because you are completely delirious with sleep loss! My fiance looked at me like he didn't know whether or not to run or hug me. He just turned 10 months. And he just started walking all over the place. He's way too big!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Substantial Wist Smiley

Forget all the other crafting tools, what I really want is a sonic screwdriver!!!!

Blessed Be!

I'm up for personal swaps! PM Me! Smiley

Etsy Shop
camelama
« Reply #353 on: August 29, 2008 05:32:08 PM »

Sweetswap stuff:  Ok, so I was all ready to mail out Bonza's package yesterday, when stopped by the fabric store and ... fell in love with a piece of fabric that fit her and the theme.  DOH!  I got it and I just HAD to make something with it.

Luckily, today was blessedly errand-free and the sewing machine behaved, so I was able to get a huge chunk of crafting time in.  Bonza, I just adore it and sooo want to keep it but I'm sending it to you anyway.  Smiley  I have some hand-work left to do on it, but otherwise it's 95% finished.  I'll finish it this weekend inbetween Labor Day celebrations.  (BBQ, here I come!!)  Won't be able to mail it until Tuesday due to Labor Day closures.

But eeeeeeeeeeee I love what I made.  Grin I had to find a whole new box for your package, too.  But luckily I could put stuff inside of stuff so it's not ginormous.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving!" - Auntie Mame

How are things in Glocca Morra?
Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: August 29, 2008 05:47:40 PM »

Smiley  Yay camelama!  I love when you're doing a swap and you are ready to go and then BAM! last minute, something perfect comes up. 

Of course it makes me look like a total slacker when that happens  Roll Eyes (or maybe I'm just paranoid) but then my partner gets the package and there's extra stuff and it's all good.  Smiley

By the way, I wasn't saying you look like a slacker.  Just to clarify.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

camelama
« Reply #355 on: August 29, 2008 06:50:12 PM »

slaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacker!    Cool

(looks around for a "lazy" smiley)

Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

camelama
« Reply #356 on: August 30, 2008 03:48:24 PM »

Oh, bonzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........

Look what's ready to go!  I've even filled out the customs form.

And here's a tease for you: (in my recycled shipping box!)

Hee hee.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

cclewis05
What matters is not the length of the wand, but the magic in the stick.~*Anonymous

« Reply #357 on: August 30, 2008 05:06:52 PM »

Grin

EVIL!

But oh soo exciting!  lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors.
-- Jim Morrison
CeruleanEyes

Looking for a Swappers Anonymous program....

« Reply #358 on: August 30, 2008 10:35:59 PM »

I have to apologize (again) for being so absent from this swap.  I feel so guilty about it.  I was very on top of things with the other swap I helped organize but this one has been sadly neglected by me.  August has been such a busy, crazy, hectic month!!!  I have had my sister's family here all month and then school started and I haven't had a moment to breath (or craft!!) and I feel so disconnected from Craftster right now.  Sad   I check in when I can but it's not often enough.

I have picked up some goodies for my partner but haven't gotten much crafting done.  Not to worry though!!  I am a world class procrastinator but always manage to pull myself together at the last possible second and send on time.  So you'll get a super sweet package Lellibo!!  Cheesy  No worries there.  Cheesy  And I will most likely send off the package on Sept. 8th.  I rarely get packages sent early.  I figure if I don't send it late, I'm super!!  LOL

I've loved seeing all the crafty goodness in the gallery.  Can't wait to see what all else my fellow crafters have come up with.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I totally stole that from your wist!!  Thank you! Cheesy

My Wist- http://www.wists.com/CeruleanEyes
fashion09
« Reply #359 on: August 31, 2008 10:30:28 AM »

Gahhh I hate being sick. I have my package done just have to make it to the post office but that doesnt look like its going to happen soon
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 43 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style Long Hair to Look Short
How to Condition Hair
How to Know When You Should Cut Your Hair
How to Cut Hair Yourself
How to Finger Wave Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...