A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,152
Currently Running With Scissors:
583 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Colinette Throw  (Read 4186 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

avsceriline
« on: February 10, 2004 09:13:54 PM »

This was my second knitted project. It looks much more difficult than it actually is! It was a kit from Colinette called "Absolutely Fabulous Throw Kit" that included 8 different yummy kinds/colors of yarn.
http://www.personal.psu.edu/avs129/colinette_throw_small.jpg
http://www.personal.psu.edu/avs129/colinette_throw_close_up.jpg
Here's a close up of the pattern. It was knit on size 11 nedles, so it is very lacy in places. The pattern itself is quite simple, the hardest part was weaving in all the many, many ends.
The colorway for this throw was called 'Versace.' Now THAT is fabulous. Smiley
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011 07:20:00 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | staarlight: my Etsywistsflickr

I <3 personal swaps! Check out my flickr page to see what I can do.
diabla62
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2004 09:38:55 PM »

that is fabulous!!!!i love the colors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2004 09:41:35 PM »

wonderful!  I wish I had the patience for a big project like that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tinygoatstacker

Why can't puffins eat pancakes instead?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2004 07:29:06 PM »

It's beautiful! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bumblebees, bumblebees... tiny and small, tiny and small....
firehead4

Wanna Make Something of It?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2004 10:47:31 AM »

So beautifully bold and bohemian!
It rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Practicing Random Acts of Creativity

Follow Me at...
http://artforcoffeessake.blogspot.com/
http://youtu.be/Q73M5hiqktA
purlgurl

textile arts babe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2004 06:25:08 AM »

i always see those in yarn catalogs and i wondered if they turned out as nice as they looked in the picture.... now that i've seen the DO, i'll have to get one Smiley  WAY TO GO, btw... that's still a huge project to take on even for an experienced knitter.  YOU ROCK!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
avsceriline
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2004 02:40:40 PM »

Thanks for all the wonderful comments, ladies!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dopaminechoi
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2004 10:43:20 PM »

That's so pretty, crafty_manca..!  Cheesy

I've never knit a blankie but your finished project has inspired me and I've been drooling over this Colinette Throw for months now.  I wanted to ask you, or anyone who's ever made this, in the pictures, the throw looks pretty lacey and flimsy.  What is the texture of the throw like when you touch it (is it scratchy mohair?  Or is it soft like the way it looks?)?  I've been thinking of making a throw for my fiance, and he thinks this looks too feminine for him but I haven't seen many finished products to know..  If anyone has a recommendation for a nice blanket pattern for a man whose favorite place in the world is the couch in front of the TV, please let me know..!  You know, the finished product does look like it's worth the cost..!

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
avsceriline
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2004 10:52:31 AM »

I wanted to ask you, or anyone who's ever made this, in the pictures, the throw looks pretty lacey and flimsy.  What is the texture of the throw like when you touch it (is it scratchy mohair?  Or is it soft like the way it looks?)?  I've been thinking of making a throw for my fiance, and he thinks this looks too feminine for him but I haven't seen many finished products to know.. 

Thanks!
The throw is INCREDIBLY soft and cozy. And even though it's lacy, it's quite warm.
My suggestion for your fiance is this: the throw kit comes with four different patterns. The others are stripes, blocks, and one other that I don't remember. They are much more masculine-looking, though. I think that if you pick one of the darker colorways, it could turn out to be very man-friendly. Best of luck!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

volupta
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2004 07:52:30 PM »

Oh I love this so much. Its gorgeous! But you can't get collinette here so I'll never be able to make it (unless I pay lots of money).

Stunning!
V.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

avsceriline
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2004 08:56:58 PM »

Actually...my mom and I have made several more throws using other kinds of yarn. Just pick 8 different colors and weights that compliment each other, and you can come up with your own beautiful colorways. The throw requires approx. 100 g. per type of yarn. All of them have turned out lovely Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hanabi
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2004 10:25:24 PM »

Grin
I've never knit a blankie but your finished project has inspired me and I've been drooling over this Colinette Throw for months now.  I wanted to ask you, or anyone who's ever made this, in the pictures, the throw looks pretty lacey and flimsy.  What is the texture of the throw like when you touch it (is it scratchy mohair?  Or is it soft like the way it looks?)?  I've been thinking of making a throw for my fiance, and he thinks this looks too feminine for him but I haven't seen many finished products to know..  If anyone has a recommendation for a nice blanket pattern for a man whose favorite place in the world is the couch in front of the TV, please let me know..!  You know, the finished product does look like it's worth the cost..!

dopaminechoi I am working on a blamket at the moment that is textured red and black wool - it's really soft and thick and thin and it's red thread combined with black all in the one skein - does this make sense?!). I am not sure what it's called, but I just picked up a whole armful of skeins at the local craft shop cause it was cheap. I think the whole black and red thing would be good for Mr dopaminechoi. Also for a simple pattern I am knitting on about size 14 needles and I am knitting 3 big strips (kinda like scarves) which I will sew together when I finish. So simpole and quick!

crafty_manca Your throw is gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lila_fowler
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2004 10:42:45 AM »

WOW! That throw is beautiful!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
strangelittlemama
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2004 04:30:54 PM »

That is really gorgeous!
C
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Nikon D3 Camera Review
How to Setup your Camera up for Shooting Landscapes
How to Use an Off Camera Wireless Flash System
Nikon D700 Camera Review
Wide Angle Close Up Photography of Death Valley
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...