A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
675 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitting while sleeping?  (Read 693 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

devotedplanet
« on: July 19, 2008 11:14:08 AM »

So recently, I was making the Yarn Harlot's one row handspun scarf and was knitting pretty obsessively because I had a deadline, and in my infinite wisdom, I decided to knit the thing on teeny tiny needles.  Undecided

We went on a day trip to Yellowstone and I pretty much knitted the entire time. After about 10 hours of knitting, I fell asleep on the way back still knitting... and continued to knit for several rows until I was woken by my head falling forward during a turn. When we got back to the hotel I looked it over and obviously I hadn't kept with the pattern at all... but the scarf was VERY forgiving of mistakes, and I was so amazed that I had actually knitted while ASLEEP that I kept the wonky rows in there.

It was so bizarre because I was even dreaming - but nothing about knitting or even my hands moving.

Has anyone else done something that weird?  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aunt Suzi
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008 09:28:14 AM »

Wow, that's really amazing.  I can imagine dreaming that I'm knitting, obsessing over a project.  But actually doing it?  Nope, when I'm asleep, I'm out cold, no moving. 

I am very impressed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

string theory
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008 09:59:28 AM »

I haven't knitted in my sleep, but when I was younger, I cut my hair in my sleep. I woke up one morning and when I came out into the kitchen, everyone in my family was looking at me with mouths agape... then they started laughing at me... I had no idea that I had butchered my hair. In my room, there was a pile of hair and scissors. Of course, it happened a few weeks before the start of school... which made it all the more horrifying.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chick-wiff-sticks
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008 01:05:49 PM »

I haven't knitted in my sleep, but when I was younger, I cut my hair in my sleep. I woke up one morning and when I came out into the kitchen, everyone in my family was looking at me with mouths agape... then they started laughing at me... I had no idea that I had butchered my hair. In my room, there was a pile of hair and scissors. Of course, it happened a few weeks before the start of school... which made it all the more horrifying.
You poor thing! Hopefully it wasn't high school!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.intherealworld. moonfruit.com
We need an artist! Visit the site and try out!
chick-wiff-sticks
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008 01:11:20 PM »

Nothing to do with knitting, but I apparently talk very educatedly in my sleep. If someone tries to wake me up, I've been told that I will reply back and not sound the least little bit tired. I'll say things like "Yeah, I'll be up a bit." or "No, I'll just be down for the night.".
This seriously sucks sometimes. I know once I asked my grandmother to wake me up after an hour because I had knitting on a deadline to do within a few days, so I had to use all available time. She apparently tried 4 TIMES to wake me up until I told her I would be down for the night.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

string theory
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008 02:01:49 PM »

It was worse... Junior high... I was 13...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
devotedplanet
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008 05:29:46 AM »

...ouch. That IS worse. How bad was it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
string theory
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008 08:59:24 AM »

...ouch. That IS worse. How bad was it?

It was really bad... I had basically hacked the whole front. My bangs were centimeters long and extended too far to the sides in what looked like a cross between a mullet and a bowl cut... my school picture was so lame that year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chick-wiff-sticks
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008 10:12:33 AM »

Ouch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make Fried Squash and Zucchini
How to make Mashed Potatoes
How to make Salisbury Steak Hamburger Steak with Gravy
How to make Mixed Beans
How to make Chicken Pot Pie Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...