A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 298,755
Currently Running With Scissors:
668 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Inga's Häkelbeutel ~ German Granny Square Bag CAL (w/pattern link)  (Read 28035 times)
Tags for this thread: bag , purse , granny_square  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AlternaWidget

More insects to worry about

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2008 06:48:16 AM »

Agreed!! I never noticed it because I tend to run on autopilot.  Grin

I'll be happy to retype the pattern and continue the "schema" to 5 or 7 rounds, if anyone would like it.  Please let me know!

The arrow in the picture indicated where my rounds end.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008 06:53:12 AM by AlternaWidget - Reason: Added photo and note. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunnyskies*4*
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2008 12:01:49 PM »

Count me in! I just love this so much... can't wait to start it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~Sunnyskies~~
urbanstitcher001
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2008 03:50:56 PM »

i crocheted it together wrong. so i ripped it out and now dont want to re-do it. so i'll have pictures up sunday night.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crystalsalem
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2008 08:20:49 AM »

Does anyone know how big these squares measure out to be?  How much bigger is the 7 round square as opposed to the 5 round square? Huh

I'd like to get an idea of the scale of this bag before I decide to make it! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlternaWidget

More insects to worry about

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2008 09:35:53 AM »

Does anyone know how big these squares measure out to be?  How much bigger is the 7 round square as opposed to the 5 round square? Huh

I'd like to get an idea of the scale of this bag before I decide to make it! Smiley

I understand completely, but there are a few variables at play here. Your gauge and yarn choice are going to be the biggest factors. Get your gauge with your choice of hook and yarn, and factor it out from there.

This bag is ALL about the construction. You can make it as big or small as you like, based on your choices. Look at the picture of the finished bag...  now make a square and measure it diagonally... that measurement x 2 will be your estimated length and width of the finished bag (allow a little extra for the joining).

My 5-round squares, using a US G hook and Sugar and Cream cotton at 4 sts/in, measure 7" corner to corner. I can estimate that my bag will be about 14" wide and long.

Hope this helps! 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008 04:57:38 AM by AlternaWidget - Reason: finished the thought » THIS ROCKS   Logged
choochoo
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2008 09:12:56 PM »

oh my goodness! this pattern isn't making sense to me/ i don't know how to make a granny sqaure of any sort! Angry
is everything worked out of the center? ooor is it like a circle and worked through each stich?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
dragonmama
MILF-y Crafter

Retired Swapper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2008 06:51:08 PM »

Alright! I finally got some yarn that I want to use for this project. I was going to use acrylic but if it turns out the way I want, I want it to last!

I'm just going to use Peaches & Creme because that's what I could find.

I have three skeins of their Fiesta Ombre and one each of red and orange to coordinate. Like most things I end up crocheting, I'll probably just use the pattern as "inspiration" and just make it up as I go along lol

I'm even pondering doing this kind of bag with hexagon granny squares, but I haven't decided yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sandandsilk.wordpress.com

wists.com/dragoneyezed
fusbdgt
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2008 08:00:23 PM »

I agree, i think that maybe i might in a coupla months be making another one, i'm afraid that the acrylic yarn that i used won't stand up the way that i would like it to...... we'll see. On a better note though the last two days have been the bag's first experience in the real world and i still love it! I was questioning as to whether it was as cute as i thought it was, but my friend insisted that i carry her purse today and she carry mine b/c she liked it so much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

urbanstitcher001
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2008 06:40:13 PM »

i can't figure out how to sew it together. i've tried 2 times...and it came out wrong
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fusbdgt
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2008 06:49:51 PM »

i did not follow the pattern (b/c i didn't know there was one) for this part.  first i sewed/crocheted the 5 motifs together for the front forming the x pattern and then the same for the back.  then i took the last three that belong on the sides and the bottom and sewed all the way around them. maybe that will be simpler for you. i'm i making sense?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Buddy Valastro Makes a Cake with a Surprise Twist
Slow-Cooker Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
Elegant Chocolate Mason Jar Recipe With Surprise Ingredients
‘Angel’ Yeast Biscuit Doughnut Recipe
Halloween Treat Toppers
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...