A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,762
Currently Running With Scissors:
573 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Inga's Häkelbeutel ~ German Granny Square Bag CAL (w/pattern link)  (Read 28054 times)
Tags for this thread: bag , purse , granny_square  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Nannetta
Ankh-Morpork Knitters' Guild - Section Roundworld

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008 11:04:27 AM »

Can't wait to see progress pics!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I happen to believe in beauty without cruelty." - Gytha Ogg, whilst wearing her very own LIVE tomcat GREEBO for an evening at the opera.

i <3 wisting!
urbanstitcher001
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008 04:09:27 PM »

i've decided to make mine with granny squares. m making them with a small hook, so the wholes arent so big, and am gonna line it with fabric. i've made 4 squares so far
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fusbdgt
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008 09:00:20 PM »

So when i saw nannetta's bag i knew i just had to have one, i just finished mine! YAY!  unfortunately i didn't realize till just now that there was a crochetalong going on to go with it. but here's my finished product.

i just used acrylic yarn it's what i had, i'm hoping that the lining (it's just a purple cotton) takes most of the wear and tear.  i did have kind of a time with the lining though, think it was b/c i was being impatient, probably wouldn't be so wonky if i had hand sewn it instead of put it through the machine.

all in all I LOVE IT! thanks nannetta for the inspiration.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Esjay82
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008 11:24:03 PM »

nickileaf!! thats lovely! glad u've done it in acrylic yarn too.. its nice to see the result! great job! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fusbdgt
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008 04:49:22 AM »

thanks esjay! i can't wait to see everyone else's, i'm always so amazed how everyone's different little takes make a difference.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlternaWidget

More insects to worry about

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008 05:25:10 AM »

Nickileaf - Your bag turned out lovely -  love the colors! It looks like a good size, too. Now I really want to get started on mine!
Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SierrasMom
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008 09:00:13 AM »

Hey ya'll
  Anyone else having a problem with their granny sqaures not being, well, square?  I have done a few squares, and they just aren't lying flat.  I'm new to crocheting, so maybe I'm doing something wrong with the pattern?  Every time I start a new "round", my ch-3 is about 3 more or stitches from the corner.  Is that right, that the beginning will move further away from the corner with each round?

Thanks!
Lisa
THIS ROCKS   Logged
urbanstitcher001
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2008 08:31:40 PM »

hmm im sorry, i dont know. i'm doing just traditional granny squares. i'm almost done. just 1 and a half sqaures left, which im gonna go finish, then i'll try to sew it up tomorrow. i'm leaving for a few days tomorrow night, so hopefully i can get a few pictures up before i leave
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlternaWidget

More insects to worry about

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2008 04:56:23 AM »

[quote author=SierrasMom link=topic=258041.msg2893424#msg2893424 date=121674241
  Anyone else having a problem with their granny sqaures not being, well, square?  I have done a few squares, and they just aren't lying flat.  I'm new to crocheting, so maybe I'm doing something wrong with the pattern?  Every time I start a new "round", my ch-3 is about 3 more or stitches from the corner.  Is that right, that the beginning will move further away from the corner with each round?
[/quote]

Hi! Yes, you're doing fine. The ch-3 does get further away from the corner with each round, with this square pattern.  (in many other patterns we sl st or whatever to stay in the corner, but not this time)
The square also wants to twist a little bit, and this is OK, too. When you join the squares they'll all behave just fine. Smiley

I started mine last night in Sugar and Cream cotton, "Culinary Colors Oriental Ochre", and a G hook. Oh, my aching hands. But it IS pretty. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
givemegrace

She's electric!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2008 06:17:25 AM »

I used a different pattern for my squares, so I only looked at the diagram for the bag.  However, over at Crochetville, I found this postThere is an extra ch 3 in the pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
2-Minute Beauty Tutorial: Looking Radiant
How to Get Budge-Proof Makeup in 3 Easy Steps
Top 5 Winter Makeup Trends
How to Wear Bright Lipstick
Quick Tips for a Polished and Professional Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...