A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,941
Currently Running With Scissors:
625 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I made cheese crackers!  (Read 4275 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SugarySweet
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008 06:02:52 PM »

It looks like she likes them.  Grin And make them cute shapes too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Starairi

Lifelong crafter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008 04:05:28 AM »

Ooooh, I see. I thought you where using some kind of fancy "creamy" cheese or something. I was a bit worried Wink
I will definitely try to make these once. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Passionate cosplayer and crafter.
melyssa_marie
so tacky its classy

tattooeddahlia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2008 02:39:06 PM »

My cousins are madly in love with cheese crackers, and my aunt is totally in on the whole foods and being self sustaining movement. I'll have to make these next time I go out to visit them, they'll flip for sure!! I wonder if these would be good doggy treats too...? hm.. I'll just have to find out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thekster
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2008 02:49:15 PM »

Mmmmm tasty-looking. *grabs a handful*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
Ace007
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2008 05:42:16 PM »

that is a great idea and the stars are so cute.... my mom does this thing with oyster crackers

2 packs of oyster crackers
1 hidden valley ranch powder packets 
3/4 cup of veg oil or olive oil

mix powder in the oil then mix in a big bowl or paper bag
spread in a jelly roll pan and bake for 10 min.  at 200 F

hope you enjoy them
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chiemi
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2008 08:04:08 PM »

I love this idea!  Cheaper and healthier.  I am totally going to make some!  Thanks for posting the recipe!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GreenGirlyGirl

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008 10:09:32 PM »

Yum!!  Thanks for sharing the recipe.  I'll definitely try it out.  My kids love cheese crackers, but I'm a sucker for anything with cinnamon and sugar on it.  Let us know how those turn out for you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire.
Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2008 03:20:14 AM »

I'm going to try this! I actually don't like store-bought crackers because they're too salty for me, but here I could control the salt.
I'm trying to replace most of my processed foods with homemade ones. That way I know exactly what goes into it (no hidden high fructose corn syrup!), and also it's cheaper and generally tastier.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the end, only kindness matters.
shelleibean
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2008 04:47:12 AM »

I'm going to try this! I actually don't like store-bought crackers because they're too salty for me, but here I could control the salt.
I'm trying to replace most of my processed foods with homemade ones. That way I know exactly what goes into it (no hidden high fructose corn syrup!), and also it's cheaper and generally tastier.
word. that's my biggest thing, finding the high fructose corn syrup. I read an article once about how the writer had this theory that HFCS is addictive.  I really think it is, even if the FDA thinks it's perfectly fine to put it in just about everything. These crackers are not very salty at all, more than anythingyou taste the cheese and the cayenne.

Yum!!  Thanks for sharing the recipe.  I'll definitely try it out.  My kids love cheese crackers, but I'm a sucker for anything with cinnamon and sugar on it.  Let us know how those turn out for you!

Oh I will. so far we've made a good dent in the cheese stars stash but there is still about 1 pound left. 
My cousins are madly in love with cheese crackers, and my aunt is totally in on the whole foods and being self sustaining movement. I'll have to make these next time I go out to visit them, they'll flip for sure!! I wonder if these would be good doggy treats too...? hm.. I'll just have to find out!
In my daydreams I'm a superwoman of gardening and canning and only buying basics ( like I'm on the Oregon trail) like coffee and flour and sugar from the co-op.  Why is it so expensive to be self sufficient ?Our dog (see my avatar) loves these crackers- as far as I know there isn't anything in this recipe that's a no-no for dogs, I'd use whole wheat flour for dogs ( and the kids, except I had only  about a cup left) to make it heartier.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lemonyaura
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2009 03:43:48 PM »

I made these, and they were delicious! They get really nice and crisp when you store them in the freezer too. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Construct a Growth Chart for Children
How to Make a Handmade Nylon Pouch Travel Bag
How to Design T-Shirts With Potato Stamps
How to Knit Spell Bound Scarves
How to Make a Tooth Fairy Pillow
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...