A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,177
Currently Running With Scissors:
592 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I need food ideas in the shape of a house...  (Read 531 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GoatHerder
« on: December 04, 2011 03:50:24 PM »

This weekend I made the hot dog/ spaghetti Octopi for my man and his boys. I was a hero. I wasn't sure who liked them more,  my man or his boys (6 and 8 yrs)... lol. So I asked them what they wanted next weekend, and without missing a beat the 6 year old says, "Something shaped like a house!"

PLEASE... throw me some house shaped food ideas. Lunch or dinner, not dessert:)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady sadie
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011 10:59:09 PM »

So, this challenge sounds like a ton of fun to me!  A preliminary Googling turned up this - http://www.flickr.com/photos/9058623@N03/1223347052 - I'm brainstorming some ideas for you right now that I will try and test in the morning and get back to you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GoatHerder
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011 10:13:24 AM »

Oohhhh I didn't even think of it that way... my brain was totally in 3D... I was trying to figure out how to engineer a structure! 

Thanks! That would be cool  for breakfast! pancake house, bacon, sausage, eggs... oh I'm hungry now.

So, this challenge sounds like a ton of fun to me!  A preliminary Googling turned up this - http://www.flickr.com/photos/9058623@N03/1223347052 - I'm brainstorming some ideas for you right now that I will try and test in the morning and get back to you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tomico
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011 01:27:55 PM »

If you wanted to go 3-d maybe use a whole ham sliced down thick as the walls or even into beams or bricks and use mashed potatoes as a mortar. Veggies could be used as decorative features such as lamp posts, windows, shingles, etc. Use mashed potatoes as glue or use tooth picks. I suppose you could also make a log cabin from carrots. I once did the mashed potato mountain from "Close Encounters of the Third Kind"for a Sci-fi themed party.

There is a fun book I picked up once called Play with Your Food that may help inspire future ideas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady sadie
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011 02:26:47 PM »

Okay, as promised, I tried out my crazy idea - and it worked!  It's long and includes pictures, though, so I made it a separate post here ->  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=397793.0

It might look labor-intensive but I swear it was not bad at all. The hardest part was the templates, and you could easily do those in advance when you have a few spare minutes.  Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Christmas Card Scrapbook
How to Make Gingerbread Men Christmas Ornaments
How to Make Christmas Stockings with Kristin Chenoweth
How to Make Embellished Christmas Tree Ornaments
How to Make Embossed Faux Bois Stockings
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...