A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,903
Currently Running With Scissors:
518 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 55
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Favorite Recipes Mini Swap! Sign-ups CLOSED Send by: Sept. 2  (Read 28626 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 07, 2008 04:22:33 PM »

Now, my body betrays me again and I am not allowed to eat nuts, eggs, dairy products, fatty meats, etc, etc, etc - but have to eat something to get protein so ended up with a real high fish diet of late.

anyone got any good recipes for tuna that have no mayo or eggs or dairy in it?

Ronda
blessings!

You should try eating buffalo meat.  No fat.  I switched and feel 100% better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cinnamon teal
« Reply #161 on: August 07, 2008 04:45:19 PM »

Ronda
blessings!

Sometimes I make tuna with olive oil and red wine vinegar instead of mayo.  It's also good in salads with grated carrots and vinaigrette dressing. 

I bet you could substitute tahini dressing (like annie's goddess dressing) for the mayo when you make tuna sandwiches.

Be careful of your tuna intake, though.  It's high in heavy metals. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

That is sooo Craftastic!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #162 on: August 07, 2008 04:50:40 PM »

Now, my body betrays me again and I am not allowed to eat nuts, eggs, dairy products, fatty meats, etc, etc, etc - but have to eat something to get protein so ended up with a real high fish diet of late.

Ronda
blessings!

You should try eating buffalo meat.  No fat.  I switched and feel 100% better.

Buffalo actually tastes really good too.  I was eating a buffalo burger and if I hadn't been told it was buffalo meat I would have never known the difference.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

« Reply #163 on: August 07, 2008 05:13:12 PM »

I have had buffalo and really liked it - but I am smack dab in the middle of Iowa where we are outnumbered by both the pigs and the cows, and I have never seen buffalo meat in the grocery stores. I may have to see if my mother knows anyone that breeds buffalo. There is an emu farmer nearby - but he doesn't sell locally for some reason.

I eat so many fresh fruits and veggies that I am not worried about too much fish in my diet - I worry more about too much chocolate in my diet but since I am addicted to chocolate. I ignore that worry just as fast as it comes along!

but - those dressings sound like good alternatives to mayo! thanks! I have been eating it just the tuna or else on wheat bread, and going for the albacore tuna as it tastes a bit better.

does anyone have a good tuna casserole that doesn't include dairy, eggs or mayo? or a fresh fish meal that isn't fried or grilled? I find I can't tolerate fried foods at all anymore. something baked maybe?

Ronda
Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 07, 2008 05:18:17 PM »

I have had buffalo and really liked it - but I am smack dab in the middle of Iowa where we are outnumbered by both the pigs and the cows, and I have never seen buffalo meat in the grocery stores. I may have to see if my mother knows anyone that breeds buffalo. There is an emu farmer nearby - but he doesn't sell locally for some reason.

I eat so many fresh fruits and veggies that I am not worried about too much fish in my diet - I worry more about too much chocolate in my diet but since I am addicted to chocolate. I ignore that worry just as fast as it comes along!

but - those dressings sound like good alternatives to mayo! thanks! I have been eating it just the tuna or else on wheat bread, and going for the albacore tuna as it tastes a bit better.

does anyone have a good tuna casserole that doesn't include dairy, eggs or mayo? or a fresh fish meal that isn't fried or grilled? I find I can't tolerate fried foods at all anymore. something baked maybe?

Ronda
Blessings!
Too bad you can't find the buffalo, it would be great.

You can bake a white fish with a little lemon juice and garlic.  It comes out pretty good.  Add a little water and cover it with foil to keep the moisture in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

« Reply #165 on: August 07, 2008 05:27:54 PM »

you are all so helpful!

Ronda
Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
bezoona
« Reply #166 on: August 07, 2008 06:02:46 PM »

Cooked pudding doesn't but, instant does.

waaaaaa I didn't know THAT! This is so awful! I'm so totally bummed out and grossed out all at once Sad

Ronda, I once bought those tuna snackpacks that was called "thai chili" or something along those lines and I don't think it had mayo in it, try using the type packed in oil instead of water, add some tomato paste, paprika, cayenne, diced chilis, lemon and maybe some salt/pepper. I think that tasted pretty good esp if you can't have mayo. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MandyLikesPie
« Reply #167 on: August 07, 2008 07:02:59 PM »

Ooh, Ronda, I've got a good tuna recipe for you. It's a tuna salad made with tuna, olive oil, lemon juice, tomatoes, cannelini beans, parsley, and garlic. I'll wrassle it up and add it to my gallery sometime soon. Or, you could just mix together all the stuff I just listed.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

serendipity_sarah
« Reply #168 on: August 07, 2008 07:43:58 PM »

Oh my!  I was just reviewing questionnaires when I noticed taloola's avatar has changed.  Her little bun has come out of the oven! Wink  Congratulations, taloola!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kimberly_Star
« Reply #169 on: August 07, 2008 09:00:15 PM »

Yes, congrats, taloola!  What an adorable little one you had!!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 55 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jeffrey Eugenides on What Makes a Good Film Adaptation
Joyce Carol Oates on Violence in Writing
Azure Antoinette Shares a Poem at the IdeaFestival
Devil’s Wake Book Trailer
"All In Good Time": A Poem Read by Jason Sklar
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...