A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 307,973
Currently Running With Scissors:
459 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 92
Jump to page:
    Print  
Topic: 07/16/08 - New ads being shown on Craftster  (Read 91747 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dark.star.88

Design is where science and art break even.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #450 on: April 13, 2009 01:37:46 PM »

Sounds very good.. I'm glad you guys are spawning out (if that's the word for it) I love telling people about you guys and the bigger of a community Craftster has the better.. more ideas, better ideas, and more FUN! Smiley

BTW Apparently I didn't read the rest of the post just saw the screen shot of the chili's ad...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009 01:42:19 PM by dark.star.88 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm afraid that if you look at a thing long enough, it loses all of its meaning" - Andy Warhol

Swaps:
Post Secret Rd. 9 - GOOD FEEDBACK!
Disposable Camera Rd. 6 - GOOD FEEDBACK!
Altering Paper Crafts Supply Swap - GOOD FEEDBACK!
Art Journal Page - GOOD FEEDBACK
stillatthetop
« Reply #451 on: April 13, 2009 04:04:52 PM »

I have never seen an ad on this site. My pop-up blocker (Ad-ware...free download!) stops them. That or my AVG (also free). They both work behind the scenes at the same time. For spam, and all that other stuff, too. You might consider installing something similar. They work on all my sites.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NEW REQUEST: Need quilting fabric with ONLY purple, grey, green. Solids or Prints in any combination/shades, but NO OTHER COLORS ALLOWED. HELP! They are hard to find.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #452 on: April 25, 2009 04:25:02 AM »

Okay, not really but I thought that might get a little attention... but this does have to do with the Best Buy ad.
I know they are a big company and that they are not craft related and I still would not click on it since I'm not buying from Best Buy.com...
BUT
their long ad is interrupting the drop down  box ability.  It overrides it so that you can not click on anything on the drop down box for the community links...

Yea, I am aware that I am fully capable of clicking on community and taking it from there - which is how I got to here - but I thought I would pass along Best Buy's ad community drop down box take over - just in case it needed to be reported somewhere...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
SewMamaLady

I heart handmade!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #453 on: April 25, 2009 01:59:38 PM »

Well, my issue is that I don't want to install another pop up blocker. I already have more than one that do the job. I rarely get pop ups other than this question market survey ad that only pops up on Craftster. I don't have space on my computer to add any more programs. I just thought it might help if the admins knew it was happening, especially now that I know it's happened to mods as well.

Now I'm getting a different one. It's black with gold/white writing and an illustration of a snazzy lady. They're worse than the other ones were and it happened after I entered the link into my address bar to the original pop up. So, if anyone else is having the problem, don't enter the original pop up link address into your address bar. It just exasperates the problem.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homespun gifts for your friends and family!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/shallwespinmydear
Will be posting more items soon. Check back!
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #454 on: April 26, 2009 11:12:10 AM »

If you have a good popup blocker, you might be able to add the originating address to the blocker. I do that with my Adblock Plus - for example blocking a.photobucket.com has saved me a ton of troubles. Adding the subdomain address tends to be more effective than the exact address, depending on your needs - some are quite blatantly obvious and are named things like ads.somewebsite.com, others will have somewebsite.com/static/ads or similar and then you need to add that path to not block the entire site! Roll Eyes (Adblock Plus does not help with popups I think, but with ads that were severely slowing down my bandwidth)
And it's always easier to use address blocking to block the "popups" that are sort of inside of the original browser frame, than real popups that open their own window - but a normal popup blocker should help with that)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."

...oh, if it wasn't clear, I'm rarely completely serious. Smiley
foreversandals
« Reply #455 on: April 29, 2009 04:11:04 AM »

I keep seeing completely unrelated-to-crafts ads. Like ones about getting an online degree, playing online video games, and more. Its been like that every time I log on.

I should start taking screenshots for you guys, but I just wanted to give a heads up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs:
- Crochet: Baby Blanket
- Scrapbooking: Ongoing scrapbook
- Body: Creating a baby!!

http://www.wists.com/foreversandals
http://beautythroughthelens.wordpress.com [my photoblog]
foreversandals
« Reply #456 on: April 29, 2009 04:14:05 AM »

Just as I went to a new screen... I saw this one:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs:
- Crochet: Baby Blanket
- Scrapbooking: Ongoing scrapbook
- Body: Creating a baby!!

http://www.wists.com/foreversandals
http://beautythroughthelens.wordpress.com [my photoblog]
melissanorth
« Reply #457 on: April 29, 2009 04:24:25 AM »

I'm getting them as well:

Does anyone know of an ad blocker for Safari?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #458 on: April 29, 2009 05:33:33 AM »

Me too, they're blinking and annoying and drove me away from the site completely last night.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."

...oh, if it wasn't clear, I'm rarely completely serious. Smiley
fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #459 on: April 29, 2009 05:48:30 AM »

Craftster is showing non-craft ads now.  They have for a while.  As I understand it, it's because there simply aren't enough craft-related ads available to keep the site running.

You can report the annoying and flashing ones, though, and they usually get rid of them pretty quickly.  Try to get a screen shot and the address the ad is pointing to (usually hovering over the ad with your mouse will show you the address).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 92 Jump to page:
  Print  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Etched Glasses
Horror Movie Crafts
August 24, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...