A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
642 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Advice Needed -- Unusual October Colors?  (Read 1069 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mirthgoddess
« on: July 16, 2008 07:20:53 AM »

Hey all,

We just booked our wedding location and date yesterday! We're getting married outdoors, in a copse of trees, on October 3, 2009, here: http://stroudsmoor.com/Wedding/Wedding_woodland_chapel.asp
The leaves will be turning orange then, but there will still be some green leaves left.

Before we had our date settled, we thought we'd be getting married in late summer (September).

I decided on sky blue, dark forest green, and cream as my wedding colors. I'd still like to use these colors, but are they too non-fall? I don't really like the typical fall colors (red, orange, yellow), but I'm not sure if blue and green are too summery.

Or, do you have any other suggestions for colors?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
woobie
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008 09:38:35 AM »

Wow, your location is lovely and I like the colors you described.  If you are thinking about adding another, you might want to play with different combinations using a tool like this: http://www.colorsontheweb.com/addscheme.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

julsies
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008 10:40:58 AM »

I'm REALLLY hoping to see some pics of your wedding once it happens! And even though I am not planning a wedding right now, I'm bookmarking this just for a reminder of the venue! I'm from PA so that's a beautiful place to keep in mind!!! Will look lovely in the fall, and I think since it is outdoors, green & blue would be nice to contrast the orange and reds and yellows of the leaves!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hildare
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008 11:15:00 AM »

I think that a dark green is a natural fall color!  Cream will look nice too..  I would totally go for using sky blue in there, too.  The sky is always blue, even in the fall.  What, specifically were you going to do with the colors?  (Bridesmaids in the dark green with the sky blue accent will be really pretty) You probably won't find sky blue flowers that time of year, though.. more purplish.. That might be the only thing is that your flowers in the blue would have to be shipped from somewhere and be expensive.  I say go for it though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's no government like NO government!
HHjamie
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008 09:40:59 PM »

Your wedding location literally took my breath away!

What about the bridesmaids in navy, and do a deeper sage-y green with a rich cream color? Or is that going slightly nautical?

Woobie - That color scheme-a-ma-bobber rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BadWolf

cassettetape--->BadWolf

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008 09:11:42 AM »

Those colors sound great, I think they are appropriate in fall, or in any season. You picked a good combination!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My username has changed from cassettetape to BadWolf.

"Does this shirt make me look like a party balloon?"-Mike

http://pinterest.com/marquesajen
jadeye
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008 10:52:52 PM »

I like the color combination

It's your wedding, I say do what YOU want to do.
I say this because I'm a wedding photographer and I can't tell you how many cookie cutter borring weddings I've been to.  I'm getting married and I don't even want to have a "wedding" anymore, I just want to elope. 
Thanks for posting that site because I came accross the "wedding for two" and thought that was an excellent idea, I'll have to bring it up to the other half  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkangel1979
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008 09:40:46 AM »

Guess what date I'm getting married?? Wink  I'm not keen on traditional autumn/fall colours either so I'm currently looking at sage green, vintagey pink, gold and cream.   I think the colours you've picked sound fab wedding date twin Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mirthgoddess
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008 10:46:32 AM »

Congrats pinkangel1979! It will be a good day! Smiley

Thanks to everyone who commented. I am going to stick with the colors I planned, but maybe add some royal blue in addition to sky blue.

julsies, you're right that blue will be a good contrast to the fall colors of the leaves!

hildare, I don't know yet for sure all the ways I will use those colors. I would like to wear blue shoes, and possibly a blue sash depending on what style dress I end up going for. I will probably give the bridesmaids a swatch of blue or green and ask them to choose their own dresses in a similar color. I want to use some of those cream-colored "ghost" pumpkins as decorations, to keep it autumn-y.  And some dark green table linens. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HotCarl
Knitty.

HotCarl Is a GIRL.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008 04:14:07 PM »

Yay for October weddings! (Halloween here!)

My colors are sort of "fall" but not overly traditional fall colors. lol. Apple red, gold, and chocolate brown. We were going for warm colors.

Ah, who am I kidding? We're having a fall themed wedding, pumpkins and cornucopias will abound!

I think blue and green and creme are LOVELY choices, and after all, it is your wedding. You can choose to have florescent yellow and orange if it's what you really want! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<signature-style="obvious-plug">
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Take Better Photos by Pre-focusing
Essential Travel and Landscape Photography Skills
Outdoor Natural Portrait Photography
Fashion and Beauty Photography Lighting Set-Ups
How to Take Night Shots
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...