A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,723
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jello shooters  (Read 2309 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LeesaLove
« on: March 03, 2008 08:27:13 PM »

I was searing for drink options for  an up comming party... Jello shos it think it will be.

We are going to choose 4 or 5 diffent ones & do those with some merinated fruit....
From doing searches here on crafster & on line here are some of my favs so far....

ANY TO ADD??   any to add??  ANY TO ADD ??
http://megan.scatterbrain.org/notmartha/tomake/jellofruit.html    make jello in citrus fruit peels, faux fruit.

From batgirl: I have started making it with tea in place of water. Today I made orange jello with hibiscus tea, and it was pretty tasty! I may try Earl Grey with lemon jello next! This is probably not the next culinary revolution, but I am looking forward to trying out new combinations! OK, it's not ice cream, but it's a nice, cool summer treat!

From imdee: I've heard of making jello with juice, but not tea.  I have some spiced tea that might be good in jello. 

From:   SammyB   Reminds me of making Jell-o shots in ice cube trays with lime Jell-o and Seagram's Lime Twist Gin.  Actually was pretty good.  I recommed it.  Grapefruit Twist Gin with anything is REALLY bad, though.

From this site:   http://www.myscienceproject.org/j-shot-3.html      Lime Jell-O:
Absolut Citron Crisp and lively citrus flavor.
Tequila Plain tequila and lime is the quick and dirty way to make a margarita shot.

Cherry Jell-O:
Amaretto An excellent combination, tastes like the syrup from a jar of maraschino cherries. Can be overly sweet if you add too much.
Peach schnapps Mild but flavorful, tastes like candy.
Crme de cacao This creates a chocolate/cherry flavor with more complexity than average. Too much of the liqueur tastes bitter.

Orange Jell-O:
Peach Schnapps Use for a Fuzzy Navel effect. Sweet and mellow flavor.
Tequila Tangy and spicy, the orange really smooths out the tequila.
Captain Morgans - Sweet and spicy, would be good for the holidays.
Amaretto Tastes like a creamsicle or Orange Julius.
Malibu Very smooth, pleasant coconut aftertaste.
Southern Comfort Sweet with a bit more alcoholic bite and edge than schnapps.

Lemon Jell-O:
Absolut Citron Tart and clean, like a lemondrop but not as sweet.

Watermelon Jell-O:
Sour Apple Schnapps Fantastic flavor, tastes exactly like a Jolly Rancher candy.
Tequila Complex, tangy flavor, has a bite to it.
Midori Sweet, more of a generic melon flavor.

Strawberry Jell-O:
Peach Schnapps Sweet and candylike.
White rum The quick and dirty strawberry daiquiri.
Tequila Peppery, tangy, not overly sweet.
Sour Apple Schnapps The schnapps enhances the berry flavor for a sweet/tart effect.
Midori Fruity, tastes a bit like bubblegum.

Peach Jell-O:
Malibu Very smooth, alcohol flavor almost unnoticeable.
Captain Morgans Tastes like peach pie, a little spicy.
Southern Comfort Sweet, with a mild bourbon flavor.
Peach Schnapps Very, very sweet and very peachy.
Sour Apple Schnapps Tastes like Sweetarts.

Raspberry Jell-O:
Peach Schnapps Fruity, sweet, tastes like red Twizzlers.
Midori Very sweet, fruity, tastes like bubble gum.

Berry Blue Jell-O:
Honestly, we couldnt find anything that tasted good with the blue Jell-O. Maybe because its a terrible flavor to begin with. Absolut Kurant might work. One reader suggested 99 Berries liqueur.

A couple of readers suggested pineapple Jell-O and Malibu, for a pina colada effect, but we were unable to find pineapple Jell-O

ming:  my husband and i have made sapphire gin and tonic jello shots on limes. basically buy regular gelatin, melt it down with the mixture of gin and tonic water, and refrigerate it until it's ready. then we cut them into squares and placed them on sliced limes. they're a kind of "sophisticated" take on jello shots. big hit at the party though 

girly pirate:  i've made jello shooters with fresh strawberries in them and a little lime juice with tequila.  doing them out of frozen sugar-rimmed glasses was like the ultimate margarita.  so good.

dogswife:  My daughter and I just made about 300 jello shooters for karaoke night at her bar. They are really easy to do. We used 2 small packages of watermelon jello and 2 cups watermelon pucker up booze for each recipe. You boil 2 cups of water and dissolve the jello and then mix in the booze and pour into 1oz cups. You get about 50 of the 1oz cups per recipe. We also used peach jello and peach schnapps and grape jello and grape pucker up schnapps. The flavors are unlimited. We've used bahama mama, vanilla vodka and orange jello, just wander thru the booze isle and come up with all kinds of mixtures. We had a blast.

From this stie:   http://www.kegworks.com/company/jello-shot-recipes   (msny moretoo)

Squirm Shots     2 cups vodka     3 cups water     3 (3 oz) packages Jello    Gummy worms
Bring water to a boil and remove from heat. Dissolve the Jello in boiling water, stirring at least 2 minutes until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in ice-cold water and vodka. Pour mixture into shot glasses or paper cups. Before they get firm, add a gummy worm to each glass. Let set in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.

KEYWORDS for search purposes: Jello, Jell-o, shots, shooters,
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kararuth
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008 08:55:49 PM »

love jellos shots..........
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Amie_C
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008 06:28:24 AM »

I've tried quite a few of the flavor combination suggested by myscienceprojects.com, and they've all been tasty. Basically, anything with peach schnapps or sour apple/watermelon pucker will be delicious.

On another note, make sure you follow the suggestion about how much based on what proof that myscienceprojects.com uses, ie for the lower proof tastier alcohol replace cold water 1:1, but for the higher proof alcohols, use half a cup of water and half a cup of alcohol so that its still yummy and alcoholic.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008 06:29:19 AM by Amie_C » THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyZedral
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008 07:03:04 PM »

I might make a few Jello shooters the next time I get together with friends. I was thinking pineapple Jello with coconut rum - pia colada shot!   

One of my favorite drinks is cranberry juice and blueberry vodka.  Maybe some cranberry Jello would be nice with the vodka.   

All the other ideas sound really good too!  I might have to make two or three varieties. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
merricat17
Strange Grounds

Strange Grounds Coffee, 1417 S Broadway, Denver CO

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008 07:49:10 PM »

yay jello shots!  would you like to hear an amusing anecdote?

*acts like you would*

when my DH was working with the NSA, there was often a little 'today in national security agency history' blurb at his 'office.'  on a certain day he came home to inform me that it was the day upon which jello shots had been invented, by a young man wishing to circumvent the rules regarding liquor in his office.  seems that at the time (between 1955 and 1957) it was verboten to bring liquid alcohol into the workplace.  no such provision had been made for a gel.  thus, jello shooters were created by one crafty Tom Lehrer. ( a political satirist and mathematics teacher who we really, really really love.)  kind of cool, imo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strange Grounds Coffee
1417 South Broadway
Denver, CO 80210
CraftyZedral
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008 07:17:28 PM »

I read that on Wikipedia. Love Tom Lehrer. Smiley  I wonder if it's true?  Kinda sounds like something he would do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crystalpeace
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008 05:18:44 PM »

i make some awesome jello shots by using pucker the same amount as the cold water as stated in the recipe on the box.  i have gotten so many compliments from people, who have tasted them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kawaiimaru

you're a rubber snake!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008 03:04:06 PM »

oh thanks... now i just want to make jello shots for fun...

could be bad. hahahaha

im saving this though Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's be spies...

and wear interesting hats!
crystalpeace
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008 10:14:23 AM »

i have gone though probaly half a bottle of pucker making 2 batches of jello shots and that was using the small boxes of jello. that is alot of alcohol. for only making about 15 shots. but be warned they are easy to keep eating these cuz you cant taste the alcohol, so only eat these if you are not planning on driving anywhere.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw a Penguin
How to Sketch Anime Noses
How to Design a Cartoon Girl
How to Design a Cartoon Boy
How to Design Cartoons Online
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...