A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,360
Currently Running With Scissors:
640 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I finally made an infinity "gown"!!!(more pics on p.3)  (Read 8233 times)
Tags for this thread: party_dress  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tshirt tweeker
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2008 08:41:18 PM »

Hi everyone! Thank you so much  for ALL of the lovely comments! I am so thrilled that you all liked the idea.   I truly believe that Craftster brings out the best in everyone who joins. I find  that creativty is so therapeutic for whatever someone maybe going through. "The end justify the means".

here are more pics as promised!

You're gonna flip at the next one I make ....I promise!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

don't kill time....you'll only injure your eternity

I'm stitch away from making it, and a scar away from falling apart, blood cells pixelate, & eyes dilate...cut it loose!!!!! watch you work the room!
Myrorostudio
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2008 09:07:31 AM »

I'm sure I saw one of those on a fashion website the other day for $100+ Shocked
Well done!! It's excellent
I'm really new here and a beginner sewer, so I really admire people who can make such cool outfits!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StyxAndStones
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2008 02:59:14 PM »

Thank you everyone for all your support. I am a student in med school  for Pharmacy and my parents discourage me from ever doing anything "crafty" or "creative" and so  when I make something , it's a big deal to me and I appreciate all the love so much so thanks.

I so get that. When I was twelve, I told my parents that when I grew up, I was going to be a director/screen writer and my mom laughed and said "You're going to be hungry for a long time then," implying that I would never get rich, but I took it literally and feared I wouldn't earn enough to buy food.

Cut to twelve years and two university degrees later and they can't stop bragging about how gifted I am at sewing and crafting and arts in general.

Sure, I'm an English teacher doing well for myself, sewing only as a hobby. . . but I can't help but wonder what could have been.

Some people think that being creative isn't practical, but if I didn't have crafting and sewing, I'd go nuts pretty much literally. . . and where's the practicality of me going bonkers?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a part of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect."--G. Carlin
Tickle_Me_Pink
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2008 05:46:44 PM »

To pretty! It's exactly like a dress there selling at American Apparel, for 43$. I much rather make this one Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3
dirtydarkdiva
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2008 06:03:33 PM »

Thank you everyone for all your support. I am a student in med school  for Pharmacy and my parents discourage me from ever doing anything "crafty" or "creative" and so  when I make something , it's a big deal to me and I appreciate all the love so much so thanks.

I so get that. When I was twelve, I told my parents that when I grew up, I was going to be a director/screen writer and my mom laughed and said "You're going to be hungry for a long time then," implying that I would never get rich, but I took it literally and feared I wouldn't earn enough to buy food.

Cut to twelve years and two university degrees later and they can't stop bragging about how gifted I am at sewing and crafting and arts in general.

Sure, I'm an English teacher doing well for myself, sewing only as a hobby. . . but I can't help but wonder what could have been.

Some people think that being creative isn't practical, but if I didn't have crafting and sewing, I'd go nuts pretty much literally. . . and where's the practicality of me going bonkers?
I find it so incredibly sad that people are out there discouraging one of the most valuable things their child could ever have, CREATIVITY! Omg it really tears me up to hear that. Whomever said creativity isn't practical, I disagree! In times of financial hardship, being thrifty and creative can really get you by. Your creativity is your most valuable asset! Even if you have NOTHING, as long as you have creativity and skills to back up your drive & determination, you can survive anything. Degrees aren't everything and I'd never make my children feel that way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cherry5
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2008 05:00:34 PM »

Superb Dress! I've been tinkering with the same tute and trying my own infinity dress. Yours is gorgeous!!! I too love the way you did the straps.

Also, did you do a floor length circle skirt or A- line? A lack of side seams, seem to offer more "infinite" options for wear.

Anyway, you make that dress look great. Sooooo talented!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flotenspieler
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2009 12:19:57 PM »

That's cool, I love how you did the straps... I HAVE to make one of these dresses...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chiliz345
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2009 08:32:36 AM »

This dress is absolutely beautiful, and you look stunning in it!  I bet your friends who know you made it are amazed.  Making one of these dresses is definitely on my to-do list.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cait2424
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2009 07:31:41 PM »

OH my gosh I lovelovelove it! I saw a dress at AA like it but because I am a starving student couldnt justify buying it, maybe I'll follow in your foot steps and make my own! Sorry if you've answered this but what type of material did you use?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tshirt tweeker
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2009 07:19:17 AM »

OH my gosh I lovelovelove it! I saw a dress at AA like it but because I am a starving student couldnt justify buying it, maybe I'll follow in your foot steps and make my own! Sorry if you've answered this but what type of material did you use?

I used this jersey i got out of walmart's dollar bin. I think it was like a silk jersey or something. Not sure. I do not know fabric's that well. Alls I know is it feels absolutely AMAZING when you've just shaved your legs!LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

don't kill time....you'll only injure your eternity

I'm stitch away from making it, and a scar away from falling apart, blood cells pixelate, & eyes dilate...cut it loose!!!!! watch you work the room!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Design a Cartoon Shark
How to Create a Cartoon Tiger
How to Draw Scooby Doo
How to Draw a Wolf Howling
How to Draw a Wolf Head
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...