A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,087
Currently Running With Scissors:
397 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Boyfriend 22nd bday present (vaguely adultish)  (Read 1074 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Capt_Jordi

Beachin it up!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 15, 2008 01:00:05 PM »

Okay so my boyfriend turns 22 on July 30th. I want to do something kind of big for him without spending too much.

About us:
We have been dating for 5 1/2 years but do not live together currently
We are both silly and mushy to each other
Both romantic
He lives at home with his um more "old fashioned" parents, I live with a room mate so needless to say we dont get a lot of alone time together

About him:
He is a complete dork but I love him. He just graduated college with a degree in digital media and plans to work on video games or animated movies in the near future.
He loves cars. His current car is a very nice 99 Kia Sephia that has everything possible done to it.
He also races Auto Cross when he can.
He is currently searching for a job
Video games and movies are also big pluses.

What I would like:
Something sexy without the typical lingerie and night full of sex (although if someone can come up with ideas to make it more original that would be good)
Something that wont break the budget (I was looking at a leather laptop case but that proved way over budget!)
Something fun and kind of original.
I also thought of some classy nude pictures but no ideas where to start looking for that!

Right now all I have is a guaranteed empty house for that night... not getting far!
Anyone have any ideas?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008 01:01:44 PM by Capt_Jordi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

RococoRiss
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008 02:48:50 PM »

I'm pretty fond of classic pin-up pictures, so I decided to give my boyfriend a collection of pictures of -his- favorite pin-up. I looked around for an inexpensive photographer and ended up having a good friend do it for free. We were lucky enough to have access to an old library with great wood paneling and a piano. Then my friend was nice enough to mess with them in Photoshop to give them more of a finished look. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.

If you want to go a little less classy (but maybe a little funnier?), you could give him something similar on a set of playing cards or a calendar.

If you're not comfortable photographing yourself, you could make him some classy prints of say, Alberto Vargas, pin-ups. You might be able to find something good on the pinupfiles.com (I think?), blow it up, print and frame it yourself. Think about a rasterbated image?

If you want to tie his birthday into his recent success with finishing school, perhaps get him some tools of the trade for finding a job? Maybe he would appreciate some nice clothes, pens, or just help circling the classifieds. You could always tie a dress shirt into a small cross-stitch project so that he has, I don't know, a little Zelda embroidered on the cuff or something.

I don't know if you've ever done a scavenger hunt sort of thing, but that's a really great way to tie together lots of little presents. The end present could lead to something sexy, but that's your call. It's kind of fun to work for your gifts. That's a really cost effective option too. I ended up doing that with homemade construction paper riddles that gave directions to the next gift and little things like a pack of cigarettes, a knit finger puppet, a PEZ dispenser, a box of crazy condoms, and a batch of his favorite muffins.

Hope something triggers an epiphany. Good luck!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Capt_Jordi

Beachin it up!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008 05:32:45 PM »

I'm pretty fond of classic pin-up pictures, so I decided to give my boyfriend a collection of pictures of -his- favorite pin-up. I looked around for an inexpensive photographer and ended up having a good friend do it for free. We were lucky enough to have access to an old library with great wood paneling and a piano. Then my friend was nice enough to mess with them in Photoshop to give them more of a finished look. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.

If you want to go a little less classy (but maybe a little funnier?), you could give him something similar on a set of playing cards or a calendar.

If you're not comfortable photographing yourself, you could make him some classy prints of say, Alberto Vargas, pin-ups. You might be able to find something good on the pinupfiles.com (I think?), blow it up, print and frame it yourself. Think about a rasterbated image?

If you want to tie his birthday into his recent success with finishing school, perhaps get him some tools of the trade for finding a job? Maybe he would appreciate some nice clothes, pens, or just help circling the classifieds. You could always tie a dress shirt into a small cross-stitch project so that he has, I don't know, a little Zelda embroidered on the cuff or something.

I don't know if you've ever done a scavenger hunt sort of thing, but that's a really great way to tie together lots of little presents. The end present could lead to something sexy, but that's your call. It's kind of fun to work for your gifts. That's a really cost effective option too. I ended up doing that with homemade construction paper riddles that gave directions to the next gift and little things like a pack of cigarettes, a knit finger puppet, a PEZ dispenser, a box of crazy condoms, and a batch of his favorite muffins.

Hope something triggers an epiphany. Good luck!

I love the idea of making some pinup pictures for him. I just dont know which of my friends I could con/bribe into taking them for me. For a funny one I thought about doing some with either a guitar hero or a rock band guitar for a prop. I like the playing cards idea too. I would say calendar but I dont think his family would approve... seesh!

Hmmm scavenger hunt sounds fun.

Thanks bunches for your help!
*runs off to plot!*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Professional-Looking Blowout Tips
Pintura and Curly Styling
A Curly Hairstyle for an Evening Look
Festive Holiday Hairstyles
How to Get a Quick Top Knot by Percy and Reed
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...