A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,949
Currently Running With Scissors:
555 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Completely Random Swap Gallery!  (Read 20350 times)
Tags for this thread: gifts_for_knitters  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TracyInNH

Nectar of the gods...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2008 07:56:35 PM »

Ha!  I love that he put random items in there lol. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
bigfatroses
« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2008 09:23:19 PM »

hehehe!  Those random items make the package THAT much better!!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have several craft books available for trade/Wist items/supplies.  Please see my profile for more info Smiley
SunflowerSmiles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: August 15, 2008 09:53:22 AM »

I think I would have rolled when I saw the keys and spoons!  YAY! for random! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
Creative Cooby

A life? Can you crochet one?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2008 12:24:35 PM »

lol, love the spoons. My sister and I used to play with those when we were little. Random info, yeah.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

moonshae
« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2008 05:42:10 PM »

Today I discovered why everyone always posts swap gifts. narhloki and I decided to swap physically by me swapping my gift for hers on her front porch. OMG. Talk about performance anxiety! All I saw was a bag, an awesome bag and it made me want to speed back home and remake things.

This bag is completely fantastic

Inside there were so many wrapped packages! I was very good and waiting til I was home, out of the rain and comfy before diving in to find....

A beaded wrist cuff
2 pairs of earrings

a necklace made from bits of a dvd remote - I'm going to feel so cyberpunk!

Some paper dolls! One is from Project Runway to test out my clothes making in class in minature. The others are from my fav webcomic Questionable Content! I even have clothes to print out and colour!

At the end of my 50 things I couldn't think of anything to write so I wrote "I hate peas" thinking of that scene from 10 Things I Hate About you. But narhloki was right, I cannot hate squishy peas with cute faces!! My new pincushion will be the envy of my sewing class. The others have already been tested in their boyfriend waking up abilities.

This swap completely rocked. Hats off and much applause to our lovely organisers!!! And thankyou to my partner for sending me pictures of everything as my only camera is my phone and would NOT have done this stuff justice!!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008 05:48:11 PM by moonshae » THIS ROCKS   Logged
narhloki
« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2008 06:20:11 PM »

Ok I must be extra blonde today as I looked 3 times before I found this thread!! LOL too much excitement over the parcels I think.

Moonshae and I did an 'in person swap' ... except that I must have spaced and missed the doorbell so well she swapped her bags of goodies with my bag of goodies by my front door. So I missed her Sad ah well.

So to my parcel.

Here's the first thing I pulled out!

I put it on and have not taken it off ... and I doubt it's coming off any time soon, it's so soft and warm and red. Moonshae added a black fringe because she's appaulled I don't wear black ... I think this pic of me wearing a red scarf purple shirt and pink wrap may well terrify her ... rightly so some of you might say!! Yes I'm in my clashy colours phase!

(oops didn't brush my hair!)

The second thing to tumble out of the bag was this patch Moonshae made for me:

I scanned it because I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to read it the way my camera goes Smiley
It says 'in case of Zombie Outbreak follow me' I'll probably be the one with an axe and crowbar with the wild look in my eyes. I feel if you are prepared for a Zombie Outbreak you are prepared for everything. Fires, floods pfft, Zombies, that's the thing to worry about Wink

Ok third ... I think the pics speak for themselves. Clearly this little purple dragon isn't loved and there wasn't much squeeing and running round with the camera....

<cough>

So the next one puzzled me a moment. Jelly:

I'm vegetarian and don't eat Jelly because of the gelatine ... though I love it. But I have a joke about hosting a jelly war ... best not to explain it publically, you might think I'm insane

<whistles to self>

ED Quick note Moonshae PMd me and said this jelly doesn't have gelatine ... it's soo getting eatten!!!

ok and the biggest and fighting with the dragon for best!!

A CASTLE!!

LOL made with supper soft fabric this quilt is adorable! I love it!

This has been an awesome swap!!! Thanks Moonshae!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008 06:37:33 PM by narhloki » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkybrewster

Life's too short to not eat cake.

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2008 08:10:47 PM »

*totally random comment*
Have a read of the ingredients on the jelly, some of the quick-set ones don't have gelatine! Cheesy xoxo
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dawt
I heart my duplicate daughters

I know, huh?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2008 12:38:52 AM »

How fun that you two were able to do a porch swap! So after all that, you guys didn't actually meet? 'Splain, please? Your stuff is awesome, so much talent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Creative Cooby

A life? Can you crochet one?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2008 11:20:15 AM »

oooo I love the little dragon guy! So squee-ful and such.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

narhloki
« Reply #129 on: August 17, 2008 12:03:48 AM »

How fun that you two were able to do a porch swap! So after all that, you guys didn't actually meet? 'Splain, please? Your stuff is awesome, so much talent!

Well I know Moonshae had a pretty busy day so she wasn't able to stop and chat anyway and then I didn't hear the bell so we missed each other. She's been an awesome swap partner. I'm totally stoaked it's been great chatting with her online.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Give Yourself a Mohawk
How to Get Rid of Dandruff
How to Wash Your Hair
How to Wash Your Hair Scientifically
How to Use Natural Hair Dye
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...