A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,050
Currently Running With Scissors:
450 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Completely Random Swap Gallery!  (Read 18994 times)
Tags for this thread: gifts_for_knitters  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TracyInNH

Nectar of the gods...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: August 13, 2008 10:30:17 AM »

The magnets are awsome lol !

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
dawt
I heart my duplicate daughters

I know, huh?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #111 on: August 13, 2008 11:33:59 AM »

All of it is great, but those magnets, what a nifty idea! One of those, "Why didn't I think of that?" moments.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Creative Cooby

A life? Can you crochet one?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2008 05:32:22 AM »

you girls....I am NOT kidding..her crocheting skills are phenomenal!!!  I kid you not!!!  that toast bag is by far the most incredible piece of love....."preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'mine..mine..mine..mine...')"

Sorry it took me so long to respond, the whole not having a computer thing is killing me. I put a lot of work into your stuff and I am super glad that is has made you happy. That's my goal! I just wish my computer would stop DYING so I could appreciate this experience even more. This swapping experience was and is amazing, I seriously hope there is a round two. Thank you Sunflower Smiles for making me feel so....amazing and....uggg no words for it. It's just the most fulfilled I can be, making people happy with my crafting. Life goal, or something.
Once again, thank you for everything, everybody and again I'm really really sorry about the whole 'silent treatment' thing. No computer=death. hahaha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cinderblock
astral adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: August 14, 2008 01:12:11 PM »

hahaha crisco! i love those magnets to....super cool Cool Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST
The 3rd Eye
"they sell us love as divinity, but it's only a social obsenity, underneath they're all lovable."
dawt
I heart my duplicate daughters

I know, huh?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #114 on: August 14, 2008 03:37:52 PM »

Hookay, guess I'll go ahead and post what I sent to my partner, Damara (she has computer issues, so hopefully this is okay with her). Although I didn't get a shot of everything I sent, there's still a ton of pics here, hope you don't mind.

Everything all wrapped up in purple (her favorite color) cloth Crown Royal bags:

Crocheted dish rags, Halloween-type stuff (she likes this holiday), cookie cutters (she likes to bake with her daughter) and pirate-y skull pens. I rolled up the dish rags & put them in one of the apron pockets, the cookie cutters were tucked inside the other one:

She likes to garden so I included a few related items. The heart tin is filled with pearly-spikey bead thingies (not sure if it made it into the package). The candle was pre-made, but I decorated it by inserting colored metal grommets into the sides and then painting it with melted wax to seal it:

Make-up was on her list as well, so I threw in a little pouch from a spa in Carmel (Calif.) and put some Avon samples in it:

Pink frilly pouch with a variety of things such as tape measure, crochet hook, vintage buttons:

Apron, vintage purse with pink skull, hand towels, crochet instructions (she wants to learn to crochet), I love purple embroidered bag, tie bookmark (she said she can never find one when she needs it), felted & resin magnets, framed pressed flower in resin. The tie book mark was something I came up with using cardboard inserts I saved from the boxes of Lipton Tea...it just happened to fit inside the smaller end of a tie. I cut the tie down to a more manageable size and re-tied it. It has an Italian food theme because she said she loves to eat at the Olive Garden:

Close-up of framed pressed flower (from my front yard) in resin:

A close-up of my feeble attempt at embroidery:

Close-up of vintage purse and my skull creation:

Close-up of hand towels for her pink and black Marylin Monroe bathroom; I weaved/sewed the ribbon at the ends and tied bows:

The ghost magnet was my second attempt at felting; the pressed flower from my front yard put into resin was one of my first attempts at resin, the pumpkin magnet was a result of my second go at it (it didn't turn out as planned but I sent it anyway:

Closer look at the apron; her kitchen is grape-themed so I made the apron with grapes on the front. The back is lined w/the same print as the pockets (green w/tiny black flowers), which have vintage buttons sewn on them. I'm quite proud of this because not only was I out of practice sewing, but it was made with NO pattern! I used a favorite apron of mine and one of my daughters walked me through it but didn't help with anything. It gave me confidence enough to join the apron swap I'm working on right now!

And no package is complete without a bunch of whimsies!

« Last Edit: August 14, 2008 03:38:25 PM by dawt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

CohesiveChaos
CohesiveChaos.com

I've kissed alot of frogs - only found 1 prince

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: August 14, 2008 04:29:01 PM »

Everyone has presented such fantastic packages Smiley I keep sneaking breaks looking for more!  Wonderful job everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

life is what you make it - make it art & make it beautiful
Hollistercobabe
I'm one crazy broad!

Who needs to be good when you can date a boy scout

« Reply #116 on: August 14, 2008 04:31:56 PM »

I received today form KungfuGirlfriend I got a Makeup bag,bracelet,recipe book, silly putty, lip gloss, lotion, octopus and earrings. Everything is super cute and smells great.

Shot of everything

Close up of Ds/Makeup Bag, Bracelet, and Recipe Book

Close up of silly Putty (egg), Apple Lip gloss, Apple Lotion, Octopus, and Raspberry Earrings
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LET'S MAKE A DEAL
Looking to trade, if i do something you like let me know.

My Greatest Craft-Baby Boy Hollister arrived March 22,2010

Etsy http://sterlingstryker.etsy.com
TracyInNH

Nectar of the gods...

« Reply #117 on: August 14, 2008 05:26:06 PM »

woah, dawt that must have been some huge box!!  good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
SunflowerSmiles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: August 14, 2008 05:56:30 PM »

dawt....woowzers!! nice jooooob!  she had her socks spoiled off Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
yoyowa

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool.

« Reply #119 on: August 14, 2008 06:14:32 PM »

Yay! I rec'd from my partner! My camera is breaking (ugh, in the middle of making someone a b-day slideshow.....) so i only have two pics....

a mr.darcy pic in a beautiful frame (i have a crush on him), a tracy turnblad hand drawn, and some 'artist trading cards' - very cute and funky drawings on trading card sized paper. Very nice.

some nail polish (I have red polish on my toes 365 day a year) and two very random items. A keychain he found at work that no one claimed and some very cute small spoons.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a fat, crafty chick. LOUD AND PROUD!

Check out my bi-weekly podcast where two twenty something heterosexual women (who act like fifty something gay men) discuss geek culture, pop culture and all things Disney, Doctor Who and theater.
http://theeclecticeccentrics.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Add Photos to a Frame
How to Personalize the Urban Grunge Template
How to Add a different background
How to Change the Color of a Digital Backdrop
How to Create a Sports Poster
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...