A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,026
Currently Running With Scissors:
509 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Completely Random Swap Gallery!  (Read 18975 times)
Tags for this thread: gifts_for_knitters  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Hollistercobabe
I'm one crazy broad!

Who needs to be good when you can date a boy scout

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2008 01:53:45 PM »

WOW everything looks so good. hehe

I'm worried, I sent my package and it should have arrived by now and the DC # says nothing.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LET'S MAKE A DEAL
Looking to trade, if i do something you like let me know.

My Greatest Craft-Baby Boy Hollister arrived March 22,2010

Etsy http://sterlingstryker.etsy.com
clovergrace
The Positive Pessimest

Sometimes when you fall, you fly.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2008 02:23:01 PM »

preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'SunflowerSmiles...oh') my gosh! that toast bag is awesome! How lucky you are!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dawt
I heart my duplicate daughters

I know, huh?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2008 02:38:00 PM »

I agree, what a fabulous lot of crocheting! I can see a lot of thought went into everything, it's all so wonderful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SunflowerSmiles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2008 02:58:28 PM »

you girls....I am NOT kidding..her crocheting skills are phenomenal!!!  I kid you not!!!  that toast bag is by far the most incredible piece of love....."preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'mine..mine..mine..mine...')"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
edud

live by the sleeves of 1989

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2008 03:47:35 PM »

I also received today - a very thoughtful, amazing package from kidcompassion. I will post pics soon...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edud

live by the sleeves of 1989

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2008 06:29:13 PM »

I had a bit of a fumble getting out of work today (I got the alarm set on me when I was still in the building! What the heck!??!), but everything turned around when I got home to find a huge package waiting for me from kidcompassion...who spoiled me. Wow.

Much like other partners have expressed, we felt like we had a lot in common. It made it all the more exciting a swap. Goodness, where to start?

The first crafted thing I saw was the t-shirt, and I had to pull it out of the box, because Bill Murray was staring at me!:

I heart BM. I am considering violating business casual law and wearing it tomorrow to work. This picture is actually up in the career centre where I work, where I have added a cartoon bubble with him saying the words, "You can get a job." Here is a close up:

But the awesomeness doesn't stop. She sent me a Canada map bag to celebrate a trip I took last year. I don't think I mentioned my love of maps, so this is perfect. Sorry the pic is a bit blurry, but I didn't want to wash out the colours with a flash.

A Walt Whitman magnet for the angsty poet lover in me:

A needle roll - I really like the colours on this one.

Some hand-blended tea - mint from her mother's garden. I LOVE natural teas.

And if you can believe it...kidcompassion knitted me a Clapotis ala Knitty! She stalked me ravel-wise. This is very thoughtful, so comfortable, and beautiful. I am going to try to wear it every chance I get. The purple colour is perfect, and she sent me along the extra superwash merino yarn she made it out of too!

On the floor:

On the me (it is so versatile!!):

She sent a completely random item: a sprout kit. Man this is great. I am so stoked to start sprouting:

Everything together, including the book and Stevie Wonder (eeeee!) cd that she sent:

A sincere thanks to kidcompassion for the awesome swap gear. I love every bit of it. And thanks to Gothchics and rira for organizing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kidcompassion

get down off your high horse and buy me a taco.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2008 07:07:12 PM »

so glad you liked everything edud!!!  i had a blast making it for you, and thanks again to both you and gothchics for being patient with my request for an extension! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bigfatroses
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2008 08:43:26 PM »

WOW everything looks so good. hehe

I'm worried, I sent my package and it should have arrived by now and the DC # says nothing.  Undecided

Mine too...  In fact, all the packages I sent out on Monday, all of the DC's aren't showing ANY info.  They say "There is no record of this item", which is common when I ship from the post office on our base...  Makes me really nervous...   Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have several craft books available for trade/Wist items/supplies.  Please see my profile for more info Smiley
CohesiveChaos
CohesiveChaos.com

I've kissed alot of frogs - only found 1 prince

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2008 09:12:44 PM »

I owe photos and I didn't get the best onnes just yet but want to get some up now Smiley

I received earlier this week from miss Pink Leo and it's fantastic Smiley

A fantastic scarf with fun 'fingers' (as my son called them) to help keep me warm and suit my fun side (and it does) 
A absolutely fabulous shirt featuring Xander Crews on it (I have a cartoon crush on him hehehe)  It fits perfectly
A camouflage waterbottle cozy to remind me of my hubby and keep me hydrated as I run about doing the things I do Smiley

two beautiful dresses with matching headbands for my beautiful new nieces.  as I am completely obsessed over the two girls Smiley

and two angel swadles for the girls too  I will get action shots of these very soon (hopefully tomorrow evening)

and a gratiutious photo of the precious little girls that are consuming my time.  They will look absolutely beautiful in the dresses don't you think!

She also sent me a bunch of unshrunk shrinky dinks because I absolutely love watching shrinkies shrink.  I need to get a photo but there are too many little hands around right now to get them out without risking my nephews grabbing them and running!

Thank you again pinkleo! I had an absolutely fantastic time swapping with you!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008 09:18:04 PM by GothChics » THIS ROCKS   Logged

life is what you make it - make it art & make it beautiful
bigfatroses
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2008 09:29:31 PM »

I love the scarf!!!  And the camo water bottle cozy is great (looks over at my camo yarn now...)!  I may have to make one for myself since my DH is about to head on out to the sandbox...

GothChics- I just want to squeeze your nieces!  They look so much like my DD when she was an infant  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have several craft books available for trade/Wist items/supplies.  Please see my profile for more info Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Understand Photoshop Layers
Prolines Vol 2 sports Ticket customization
How to Adjust Sports Photos Using Curves
How to Customize Your Template Design
How to Create a Quick Poster Part 1
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...