A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,165
Currently Running With Scissors:
356 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Completely Random Swap Gallery!  (Read 19043 times)
Tags for this thread: gifts_for_knitters  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Damara
I don't want to make money. I just want to be wonderful--Marilyn Monroe

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2008 01:58:26 PM »

ok, so I'm officially a dork, I installed some updates and restarted the computer and now it seems ok  Lips sealed

I got the best partner, and what I think is THE BEST SWAP PACKAGE EVER!!!!
I started with the pictures last night, but will have to finish tonight, but I'll list everything...

1. Super pretty apron, grapes on front with cute green pockets
2. 2 crocheted (?) dishclothes-1 pink and 1 blue----too cute to use as dishrags
3. black vintage purse with cutest little skull and crossbones
4. bag of whimsies (AKA bag of awesomeness)
5. 2 garden books
6. little pot, gardening gloves, packet of cosmos seeds, a roll of border made from twigs
7. cookie cutters
8. magnets, hand felted ghost and pumpkin, a resin pumpkin with embroidery border, marilyn monroe, hollywood, a cute button one, a giant plastic clothes pin one, maybe more
9. little sewing bag-foldable yard stick, pink buttons, measuring tape
10. crochete kit, intructions, yarn and hook
11. Bunch of Avon samples--daughter has taken some lipsticks already, eyeshadows, lotions, perfumes, shampoos
12. 2 wand kits and cool sticker sand art kits for the kiddos
13. 2 cute pirate themed pins
14. 2 white hand towels with black and pink ribbon trim
15. little picture frame with a resin piece (made with a flower from her yard Cheesy
16. pins that have marilyn monroe, u2, i <3 isabella, i <3 amelia, and damara
17. Note pads, a halloween one, and Wicked Witch of the West one
18. I think my fav a "glasses pin" with a pic of Marilyn and a little qoute

I know that there is more, ( I know MORE?!?!?!?), I am serious I just kept opening and opening and opening, but I'm making this list from memory, everything came in great purple crown royal bags, and one was embroidered with "I Love Purple"---because I do, and she did a fabulous job with the embroidery.  Pictures prob tomorrow....

As you can see, um Dawt has really out done herself, and wait til you see the pictures, and I finish the list of stuff I received.  I am super nervous about her package now Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative

"I promise to love you forever, every single day of forever"  Edward Cullen, Eclipse

www.wists.com/damara
dawt
I heart my duplicate daughters

I know, huh?

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2008 02:24:43 PM »

I'm glad you liked everything, Damara, you were so fun to craft for! You made it easy by being so detailed with your list of 50 random things and I thank you for that. (Wouldn't it be awesome if we had a list like that for every swap we do?!) I think knowing random stuff like that about a person is half the battle won as far as swap anxiety goes (still, I was a nervous wreck).

I love that you have a pink and black Marilyn Monroe bathroom, I bet it's scrumptious! And knowing you love purple (oh, how I struggled with the simple embroidery on that bag!), gardening, skulls and Halloween, and that your kitchen is grape-themed was even more fodder for inspiration. You're right, the dishrags (sorry they don't match anything) were crocheted, my first attempt at them. (I'm hoping they'll inspire YOU to learn to crochet like you've always wanted.) They're not anything special, so use 'em, silly goofer! And that eyeglass pin, well, I was inspired by another crafter, but I can't remember where exactly I saw it. That was a first, too, and I learned a lot that will help me improve the process and results.

You were the recipient of a lot of crafting-firsts for me, and I believe that's what swap challenges are all about, challenging ones self to step outside the comfort zone and try something new...and that I did! Thanks for helping me to realize just how much I've missed sewing and all, I even signed up for a vintage-like apron swap as a direct result of making one for you!

If for some reason your 'puter doesn't want to do pics, let me know and I can fill in for you, my daughters and I took lots of them before sending. I'll let you know when my package of random goodness arrives!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Damara
I don't want to make money. I just want to be wonderful--Marilyn Monroe

« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2008 02:49:23 PM »

Well, on Monday night while bf and I were going through the bed time ritual (aka showers and watching tv in bed) I was going through the instruction and practicing the stiches, and managed to do them all.  So my plan was to practice one stitch at a time until I got it down, so last night I mastered one, and made a...well really didn't make anything...maybe a coaster for a shot glass Wink, but I was excited.  So tonight if I'm not too tired, I'm gonna try another...SO AWESOME!
THANK YOU
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative

"I promise to love you forever, every single day of forever"  Edward Cullen, Eclipse

www.wists.com/damara
ManifestContent
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2008 04:40:29 PM »

I got my awesome package from Krazy4Katz a few days ago, but I just now got around to taking/posting the pictures. 

This is my super cute kitty and the super cute crocheted kitty she made!

When 900 years old you are, look so good you will not!
*cute Yoda crocheted stuffie with cute boyfriend*

R2D2 PILLOW!

Crocheted soap holder for when I go LARPing!

Cute watermelon butterfly hanging from my rear view mirror

Awesome book with patterns to make a robot and a space boy

Pretty cupcake pillow and picture of a horse statue

THANK YOU FOR THIS SUPER FABULOUS PACKAGE!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps - Just send me a message

My Wists!

"Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing"      -Dali
kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2008 10:13:55 AM »

I am in love with that Yoda! Truly, the force must be with you to be so lucky  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
dawt
I heart my duplicate daughters

I know, huh?

« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2008 10:30:17 AM »

Ok prepare yourselves - clovergrace REALLY outdid herself with my goodies!
I love the apron, too, it's so girlie! And the quilt-throw, you wouldn't believe how warm such a light-weight quilt can be until you snuggle down with it. Clovergrace really worked her heart out on all that sewing, not to mention all of the other goodies, wowie-zowie! Great job!

I got my awesome package from Krazy4Katz a few days ago, but I just now got around to taking/posting the pictures. 

Such wonderful crocheting, Krazy4Katz, and that embroidered butterfly, a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e ! The photo of the horse intrigues me, what's the story behind it?

Well, on Monday night while bf and I were going through the bed time ritual (aka showers and watching tv in bed) I was going through the instruction and practicing the stiches, and managed to do them all.  So my plan was to practice one stitch at a time until I got it down, so last night I mastered one, and made a...well really didn't make anything...maybe a coaster for a shot glass Wink, but I was excited. 

How neat, Damara, way to go! Yeah, I think all of us who crochet made the same thing the first time we tried it, but we tried it and that's what counts! You're smart to practice the single crochet until you master it because you'll get a better idea of how to hold the hook and learn to control the tension. Just make a few pulls of the yarn to keep it loose and you'll do just fine. I can't wait for the day when you show off your first completed project! It just tickles me that you've already tried it.  Grin
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008 10:40:40 AM by dawt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cinderblock
astral adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2008 12:13:15 PM »

the Yoda and R2D2 are so awsome, Star Wars is the BEST!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008 12:13:43 PM by cinderblock » THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST
The 3rd Eye
"they sell us love as divinity, but it's only a social obsenity, underneath they're all lovable."
SunflowerSmiles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2008 01:07:36 PM »

I received from Creative Cooby about 30 min ago and let me tell you....I was soooo spoiled!  Everything was so incredibly tuned to me personally ....I am squeeling with delight!  she went above and beyond!  so here is all the goodies together  a sweet little box that had all the things I like and telephones crossed out on the bottom cause I HATE talking on the phone..Abraham Lincoln key chains (shrinky dinks) cause he's my favorite historical figure and I just plain love the dead guy...two buttons with "chill out" and books cause I'm a huge book lover and I reminded her of someone who "chills" a hemp necklace that has "I heart ink" cause I have two tattoos and want more Grin a crocheted rain cloud cause I love thunderstorms, two crocheted little ghosties cause I want to be a ghost hunter(((and follow Jason, Grant, and Steve around with puppy dog eyes...sigh Kiss Kiss))) a sunflower pin( too cute) melted crayons for my son, two pens with flowers as I love flowers a little decopodge note book and a crocheted cuttle fish which is not shown to well in the picture but is adorable!!! (all the crochet items are her own patterns Shocked Shocked) a swallow pendant (shrinky dink) cause I love birds, and a tee-shirt tote made with the instructions from the book I sent her with t-shirts from her home town and the epic of all preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', 'epics.............................this....behold...')                                                       a crocheted toast bag....can you believe that!!!  I even gots jam...man!  (cause I love bread and butter)  this is unbelieveable!!!  wow!!!   Creative Cooby this was by far the best swap experience!  I love everything you have done for me and all the personal touches are just wonderful....you were a wonderful swap partner and the organizers! hats off to you two!!! thank you!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2008 01:40:59 PM »

I got an amazing swap parcel from titancia today. i was spoiled. I will take and post pics tomorrow when there is better light.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TracyInNH

Nectar of the gods...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2008 01:41:11 PM »

I looove the little ghost dudes and the sunflower... how exciting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make BBQ Sauce and Coleslaw
Peppered Grilled Hamburger
Fourth of July Chicken Salad Recipe
How to Make Sweet Corn Succotash
How to Make Cinnamon-Oat Pancakes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...