A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,948
Currently Running With Scissors:
518 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Completely Random Swap Gallery!  (Read 20348 times)
Tags for this thread: gifts_for_knitters  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CohesiveChaos
CohesiveChaos.com

I've kissed alot of frogs - only found 1 prince

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2008 09:43:40 AM »

I guess I should also say that me and my partner have both already received and posted photos in the gallery so we should be marked as complete though I did leave feedback for her when she requested it but I didn't leave it for myself Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

life is what you make it - make it art & make it beautiful
rira

like a good book, i can't put this day back.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2008 09:57:26 AM »

I guess I should also say that me and my partner have both already received and posted photos in the gallery so we should be marked as complete though I did leave feedback for her when she requested it but I didn't leave it for myself Smiley

haha. and i have that written down in my spreadsheet..but not on the form.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think...(Christopher Robin) 

it'll be ok in the end. if it's not OK, it isnt the end
dawt
I heart my duplicate daughters

I know, huh?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2008 10:04:12 AM »

LOL I have even left you feedback but I've been so busy I haven't had time to update the list but my records are right and your feedback is as well Smiley

My humble apologies for missing that, GothChics, and thank you for the positive feedback! I appreciate all of yours and Rira's efforts in organizing such a fun swap. It sure kept us busy and I learned a lot about my new friend as well as myself, especially in the crafting department. It's given me the incentive to join more swaps and try new things I wouldn't normally think to do.

It's kinda sad to see the end of a swap, isn't it? One gets used to the 'crowd,' sort of like when a party breaks up...you're pooped from all the dancin' (craftin') and are ready to go home but don't really want to leave.

Thanks again, it's been way too much fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TAOJ

eating my strawberries

« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2008 11:06:23 AM »

My partner and I both sent, received and posted pictures  Grin  I know that my feedback has not yet been updated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

titancia
Are you a good twin or a bad twin?

It's Thistle with a Bobo on her head!

« Reply #144 on: August 19, 2008 06:09:03 PM »

Oh, my goodness!! Have I been spoiled!! I ended up with the BEST swap partner on the planet! Truly! Saor was amazing, and I had a great time emailing back and forth with her.

First off... Look at that view!! I am just spoiled rotten, and not afraid to admit it! Look at the awesome tote bag!

A close up of the tote bag embroidery. This is so awesome! And so getting used. Last time I ran into the grocery store and bought one thing, I was thinking why don't I have my own bag for this? And now I do! And it's Titanic-ized! How awesome is that!?! (Plus, the flag from the logo is what my tattoo is on my back!)

These are the most beautiful pair of earrings! This fits right in with the rest of the jewelry I wear--and I will get a lot of wear out of this! In fact, everything she sent me is so amazing and so like me it's like she snuck into my bedroom and looked at everything I owned. In the letter Saor wrote me she said "I tried to go for a sentimental Edwardian Victorian feel for the jewellry." It's just perfect! That's exactly the type of thing I love.

A gorgeous kilt pin, which I've attached to my new purse!

The rest of the beautiful earrings that are going to be mine forever and ever and ever, all with beautiful names like "Titanic" and "Scarlett".

Socks, socks, oh my goodness, I love you socks! Striped in my favorite color! What could be better?? A cupcake flower pin, plucked straight from the cupcake tree! And a beautiful cuff that I will wear (Saor said she didn't make it, but I love it just the same!)

I've been drooling over these tree pins for what seems like forever, and Saor made me a beautiful one in sterling silver and Swarovski. This will indeed be a family heirloom!

One of my favorites (though I honestly can't pick just one!) is the scarf!! It's perfect, and has the beautiful cable running through it. I love it. And put it on immediately. Saor said "I think of it as something Cinderella would absently wrap around her neckl while she goes out to tend her roses--after she marries the Prince." How cute is that, and what a perfect description!

And she bought me Jane Austen notepaper and a Mr. Darcy magnet from the Jane Austen Center!! Even the ribbon says Jane Austen Center on it, with the little Jane Austen silhouette logo. The logo is to be my next tattoo--when I figure out where I want to put it--so I was particularly giddy for these.

And last but not least here's a beautiful post card, Jane Austen book mark and some yuuummmmyyy candy!

And, not pictured--Saor was sweet enough to send my sister (clovergrace) a pair of little green clover earrings since my sister helped me with some items for my half of the swap! She's already run off with them, which is of course the reason I couldn't get a photo.

Yes, I realize I've used WAY too many exclamation marks but every time I spotted something I got excited all over again! This was truly the best swap I've ever been in, and I couldn't have had a better partner!! Thank you SO much!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dawt
I heart my duplicate daughters

I know, huh?

« Reply #145 on: August 19, 2008 06:19:42 PM »

I agree, your partner did you proud!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TracyInNH

Nectar of the gods...

« Reply #146 on: August 19, 2008 08:36:08 PM »

My partner has received, but Charfish is a bit under the weather {{hugs}}.  I think I have pictures of most of the package, so here's what I made her:

since she's a teacher and loves kids books... her own hungry caterpillar bag!

Her favorite movie is Gone With The Wind... and part of the storyline is that Scarlett never has a handkerchief.  I embroidered one for her with quotes from the movie so she can cry into it at the end Smiley

the rest I'll show in thumbnails lol.

Notecards from the desk of...

A doggie placemat and neckerchief for her doggie

She secretly loves day of the dead fabric... so a pincushion and tissue holder

And for her daughter who loves Thomas

Hope you feel better soon !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
rira

like a good book, i can't put this day back.

« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2008 10:08:56 PM »

I LOVE THAT BAG!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think...(Christopher Robin) 

it'll be ok in the end. if it's not OK, it isnt the end
val_for_design
Shimmy to the left, and shake it to the right

I should be working...

« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2008 12:59:27 AM »

Aww man.... I'm getting so jealous of everyone...

Any day now  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I suffer from SABLE -- Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy.

Crochet uses a hook. Pirates have hooks, and they are cool. So crochet is cool because of the hook.

"I'm the Fibre King, Michael. I'm the Fibre King." - Horatio Caine, CSI
cinderblock
astral adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2008 07:10:32 AM »

on sat. after a long day of maning a yardsale, i got a package in the mail! but i had already gotten my partners packadge! a little surprise...

here is a close up the colors are better in real life...you know how cameras are:

A YELLOW SUBMARINE PILLOWCASE!!!!! see, i am OBSESSED with the beatles and the movie "The Yellow Submarine" b/c i love the art! i was sooo happy to get this in the mail! i had the best swap partner...THANK YOU sonjabegonia!!!! sooo much!!!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008 07:28:51 AM by cinderblock » THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST
The 3rd Eye
"they sell us love as divinity, but it's only a social obsenity, underneath they're all lovable."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Why You Should Create Your Own Makeup Rules
Tamira Laboy: The Revlon Makeover Challenge
AJ Schulz: The Revlon Makeover Challenge Part 1
Alyssa Wallace: The Revlon Makeover Challenge Part 1
AJ Schulz: The Revlon Makeover Challenge Part 3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...