A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,559
Currently Running With Scissors:
718 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Spunmag is UP!  (Read 1532 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

midnightsky1686
Midnightsky Fibers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2005 05:42:32 PM »

really? hmm that surprises me- imo they werent *that* risque, and they were tastefully presented.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midnightsky Fibers
Naturally Dyed Textiles
Blog
Yarns and Fibers Handmade in the Pacific NW
meexie
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2005 11:27:40 AM »

but they also were inflammatory enough that a few people unsubscribed to our lists because of that and IMHO.

Oh, that's too bad.  I kind of understand, though -  I was over at my sister's house when I read Spun, and IMHO kind of took me by surprise.  I finished reading it at home, 'cause it didn't seem to be appropriate while my nephew and his friends were running in and out of the house.  He's had the birds and the bees talk but I don't think my sister wants to have to discuss oral sex with him ever yet.  And then I'd have to tell my sister that it was because I was reading...a "knitting lifestyle" magazine.  Maybe some people unsubbed because they check their email at work?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
abinka
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2005 04:09:59 AM »

I read it at work, and I didn't find anything too inflammatory about it. I actually really liked the articles, especially the one about tofu love. I am in a torrid romance with tofu myself, and the mole recipe looks really good. Keep up the good work Spunmag. I wish I had that idea myself! I had a webzine that was arts-related, and I was thinking of changing it to a knit blog, but I didn't have enough presence of mind to combine the two. It's a fab idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ms.Snit

I knit therefore I am...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2005 05:32:50 PM »

I wish I had that idea myself! I had a webzine that was arts-related, and I was thinking of changing it to a knit blog, but I didn't have enough presence of mind to combine the two. It's a fab idea.

Thanks, Abinka!  I think it's a great idea too.  Mind you, I didn't come up with it, but I'll take a bow anyways Wink

btw, we're already working away at the first full issue (it'll launch early April) so be on the lookout for lots of the changes you've suggested!  Keep the feedback coming.

T

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.spunmag.com - Not just knittin' pretty
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Simple Way To Make Buttered Rum Sauce
Lemon Curd Pie Recipe
Gluten Free Jam Tarts Recipe
Sub Zero, Nitrogen Infused Ice Cream
Apple Crisp Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...