A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,969
Currently Running With Scissors:
412 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Back to Nature Swap Gallery  (Read 12377 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

catpants

viva la hamsterpants! may he rest in peace.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2008 10:16:21 AM »

i received a few days ago from my separated-at-birth partner, buns! here's what she sent:

all wrapped up and pretty!  everything had a number to open in a certain order!  Cheesy

(almost) everything she sent!  crochetd bag, natural teeth whitener, notebook, flower pots with seeds & popsicle stick markers, spray bottle and instructions for making a natural home cleaner, crocheted scrubbies

amazing art!  i'm seriously awed by this.  i still can't decide where to put it Smiley

close-up of the spray bottle and scrubbies.

i wish i could've gotten a non-blurry picture, this is so adorable!

yay herbs and happy flower pots!! i love how neatly everything was packaged.

thanks so much for a great swap, buns!!

« Last Edit: June 18, 2008 10:17:11 AM by catpants » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Buns
« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2008 11:12:46 PM »

You're welcome, catpants!  I'm so happy everything got there all in one piece!  Oh, and to erase my bad karma for sending so much tissue paper in a nature swap you have to promise to reuse it sometime  Wink  That's your penalty for being my partner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EowynUlysses
« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2008 03:00:42 PM »

I received from Yulu today, so here are some pictures!
Note: You can tell how excited I am about this package by how many exclamation points I use. It's a lot!

(Almost) everything all together.

Lovely artwork, drawn with fabric crayons on Aida cloth. Phlox, morning glory and daisies/fleabane/black eyed susans.

A shot of the basket closed. Super useful for my attempts to stay organized and lined with lovely fabric.

Homemade scrub, toner and moisturizer. I'm running out of moisturizer, so this is excellent timing! Also, they were wrapped in bits of fabric that matches the basket. So I can make a wee bag or something!

Saving the last for best, a shirt with a tire swing on it! I almost cried when I saw this and put it on right away. It's based on some pics I posted on my blog (http://eowyn-ulysses.livejournal.com/47080.html#cutid1) of my grandparents' house. We've got to sell the place and I'm very sad to lose it. It makes me very happy to have a bit of it that I can wear and keep.

Thanks so much Yulu for being and awesome partner! Everything fits me perfectly!
Thanks also to Kenners and catpants for being great organizers and keeping everything going smoothly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swaps are fun!

Fun websites to give for free: thehungersite.com, freerice.com, care2.com

Wanted: Sock yarn scraps for a shawl.
Cabin Fever
« Reply #103 on: June 24, 2008 04:31:54 PM »

Both of the last 2 packages are great. Artwork in both, and they both stick to the theme of this swap, good work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

timid_gothica

I will spray paint your face!

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 24, 2008 05:00:44 PM »

I love the tire swing shirt as well. Really freakin' awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat shit and die
- Hunter S. Thompson

my etsy!
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5779650
Kenners
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2008 07:54:47 AM »

Unfortunately we have a flaker, maybe two in fact. This makes me very sad.

If anyone feels like volunteering the swap angel call is here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=255887.msg2857610#msg2857610
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Generation Artisan

"Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies."
AeonGoddess
Meme-queen

I dare you to make less sense.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2008 10:25:32 AM »

I hope no one minds me reviving this thread... because I received last week from the fabulous, talented, amazing angel beckster! And I had to share.

First of all... the cats really didn't want me getting in the box. They were all up in my way as I was trying to get it open:

Three cats make it pretty difficult to open a box, I can tell you definitively. And when I did open it, there was some fresh catnip right on top in a little baggie! I had to give them some right then and there so they'd get out of the box and let me see my package. Which was AWESOME.
I got a big ball of wooly navy blue roving:

can't wait to spin it up into something warm and fuzzy for the winter.
And I got some nice and very handy washcloths which I have already tried, and I can tell you they are awesome. Soft and cottony and great colors (especially the purple and green one.)

And what goes better with washcloths than soap? Some sweetpea and goat milk soaps, to be exact! They make me feel totally pampered, and they smell great.

A crochet shopping bag! It's so cool that I got so many crochet goodies, because I really can't crochet to save my life! This bag is perfect for groceries; it's super sturdy, comfortable to carry, and holds a ton of stuff without any problem. Plus, it looks cool.

And this just might be my favorite item... AMIGURUMI CACTUS!! I actually used him as a centerpiece when we had friends over for dinner a few nights ago, and he was a big hit. He's too cute to resist! The note in the package said he can be used as a pincushion, too... but I feel bad jabbing his smiling face with pins, so for now he gets to live as a normal (easy maintenance) houseplant:

And the whole shebang (except for the nip. We had to hide that right away!)

Thanks again, beckster. You were a really wonderful angel to me, and I hope we end up as partners on a swap someday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beckster
Never met a needle I couldn't work with

Coffee and yarn are my two best friends.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2008 12:40:54 PM »

Oh hey!!  It was totally my pleasure crafting for you!!  I'm so glad you liked everything.  I can tell it all went to a good home!  Especially the cat nip! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FUN FUR IS MUPPET MURDER!!! 
Wist: http://wists.com/br549xt93
Ravelry: rebecky
tiggyjn
« Reply #108 on: August 25, 2008 01:11:31 PM »

lovely stuff! i really like that bag... and washcloths Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Pushing Pixels with the Smudge Tool
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use the Sponge Tool
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use the Burn Tool
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use the Dodge Tool
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Introducing the Sponge and Focus Tools
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...