A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,740
Currently Running With Scissors:
596 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Superhero/Comics Swap Gallery  (Read 11940 times)
Tags for this thread: superhero , buffy_the_vampire_slayer , tv , firefly , serenity , whedon  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DinkyTiny
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2008 08:07:43 PM »

Minderkin you did an awesome job
I love that pillow
Also I want those bookmarks Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A personal swap friendly crafter
Chaos gives birth to the most interesting beauties.
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2008 05:56:29 AM »

Estar you did an awesome job on all that stuff! I love the joker bookmark's filmstrip style, and the pillow! Too cute. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redidin
Interstitial Hitchhiker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2008 09:51:53 AM »

Eastar, those are AWESOME--the Joker evolution bookmark in particular is such a cool idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaurenMissing
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2008 08:35:35 PM »

I got my 2nd package from Elensule today! It's a wicked awesome scarf with the Joker and Harley on it! Will post pics when Camera works =]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps: The Dark Knight Swap, Hoodie Swap Rd. 9
redidin
Interstitial Hitchhiker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2008 08:35:32 PM »

Dude! the_jenya and I came home from our first day of tabling at the Portland Zine Symposium, and there was a package waiting from coldbrains4! Because I am a big dork, my immediate response was to put EVERYTHING ON AT ONCE, which Jen documented:

It's not clear in the pic, but what I'm holding in my hand IS THE COOLEST OBJECT PRETTY MUCH EVER: a hand-felted Jack Knight doll!!! I will post detail photos of him later, because he is seriously BRILLIANT. I mean, eensy-teey embroidered crackerjack-box sheriff's star on his jacket, little goggles, clothing-not-attached, hand-threaded hair BRILLIANT. So, so, so good.

What you can't see clearly in the first photo is the two star-shaped buttons on the shoulders of the t-shirt, which hold on the cape!!!!!! Coldbrains also wrote a letter explaining that the shirt 'n cape, net gauntlets, and domino mask are a superhero costume!!

That is all for now, because I need to go get ready for karaoke adventures. But WOW!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!
*hugs teeny Jack Knight again*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2008 12:06:09 PM »

Hey! Super Redidin!

That's so awesome! I want to see the doll! When you are all done with your adventures, obviously. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coldbrains4
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2008 01:01:29 PM »

YAY! you liked it!

and even though the doll took a really long time to make and i used reference pictures, and hand sewed everything, the bit i am proudest of are his goggles, which took maybe 20 minutes to make. they glow in the dark, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap maybe yes please? PM me! i like making new friends. Smiley
JustinKase
Psychobilly Steampunk Pyrate

It's the hat... Chicks dig the hat!

« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2008 08:39:49 PM »

OK I got my package from Zatanna on Saturday, and I was so excited.  Well worth the wait.

First is an image of the package.  You cannot tell in the picture but it says Fragile on the side.  As you can see form the state of the box, I was a bit worried.

But not to worry, everything was perfect.
Here is all contents in one picture.

2 Etched beer mugs (no I need to buy more beer)
1 Belt Buckle (I have a thing for belt buckles)
1 Buffy Bag/Man Purse (which now contains all my role playing dice)
1 Decoupaged Kingdom Come box (and according to the letter Zatanna did cut up a Kingdom Come comic to make it)
1 JLA vs JSA chess set (which myself and the other villains will enjoy playing).

So here are the close ups.
1 bat man Belt Buckle.  I think this is so cool.  I ask for these in swaps to see if anyone will craft me one, and Zatanna is the first.  So Now I have to make a utility belt to go with it.

The fun thing is, it is upside down the way I normally thread my belt through my pants, so it was fun trying to thread them the wrong way.

1 Buffy Emblem Dice Bag

It did hold the pawns and checkers pieces to the game board that Zatanna sent me, but it now holds all my dice... they barely fit  Grin

2 Super Hero beer Mugs

OK So these have to be the 2nd coolest thing in the package (the first was the chess set).
Even heroes need to come home and pop a couple of cold ones. Zatanna was able to get two of my favorite super hero icons on these The Corps and Batman.  (here is the dork coming out in me) I cannot wait to have friends over for a gaming session where I get to show them my new mugs.

The Kingdom Come Chess Box

I liked this box because it has the images from one of the best comic artists ever.  I love almost anything by Alex Ross.  And once again Zatanna outdid herself when it came to GL.  I like Kyle Rainer the best, but I love the depiction of Hal Jordan in his GL Knight armor from Kingdom Come as the best GL outfit. This box is being used as storage for the chess set.

OK so I was a little disappointed when I opened the box and there was no villains in site.  I admit I root for the bad guy.  Heck, I voted for Lex.
Then I setup the chess set and looked at it again.  I thought to myself why would two teams go against each other, and when would they use pawns... then I thought to myself, Heroes wouldn't, Villains would.
Zatanna surgically dissected Hero Clix pieces to create this chess set.  I thought I would show off my comic knowledge by posting close ups of the pieces and naming each one, but I thought to myself it would be more fun to see how many you know.  So here are the pictures, can you name the heroes?

From Right to left

From Right to left

From Right to left
3 (OK this was the only one I could not figure out... he must be new)

From Right to left

From Right to left

Sorry this one came out blurry, but you should still be able to figure them out.
From Right to left
1 He repeats

So there was the package.  Thanks again Zatanna for hosting this swap, and for the great items.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What will curiosity get you?
Killed the Cat Curio Shop
http:\\www.etsy.com\shop\killedthecat
zatanna
!gnitfarc naicigaM

!ytfarC

« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2008 09:57:41 PM »

Oy, sorry about the belt thing..I did not even THINK about orientation for it, duh. I should have indeed have done some villains, I wasn't thinking smartly on that one...I just really was going off of the teams and was excited about Hawkman and Wonder Woman and stuff b/c they would look neato on the pieces hah! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OmJane
-Tanya [tawn-yuh]

clickity clack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2008 10:36:50 PM »

what a great idea zatanna, on the chess set. looks great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog: Flour and Fleece

"On the contrary, it is you who are crazy to think that you are mighty because you can wound and destroy. That is the task of children. The mighty know how to create and heal."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top Picks For Best Flat Irons
Hair Tips: How To Pull Of A Faux Bob
How to Make Your Blowout Last
Summer Hair Trend: Sun Kissed Hair Color
How to Do a Hair Knot
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...