A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
705 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Superhero/Comics Swap Gallery  (Read 11902 times)
Tags for this thread: superhero , buffy_the_vampire_slayer , tv , firefly , serenity , whedon  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Elensule
Yeah, I'm THAT girl...

The Zydrate comes in a little glass vial...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2008 05:14:17 PM »

Okay, wow. First off, all the stuff people are getting is AMAZING. Wink

Also, went to see Dark Knight (saw Batman Begins the night before, totally wicked to get to marathon like that...) but wow!!

Also, I received from Laurenmissing...can't wait for a camera (or for her to email pics), it is all so amazing!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I maked a wist! wists.com/Elensule

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=292681.0
The Repo! Swap!
kittenbonanza
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2008 05:59:49 PM »

I received from spookshowbaby77 and the package was AMAZING! I was squeeing with joy as I opened each thing in turn. Smiley She's gonna post pics for me, since my camera is braindead. So happy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OmJane
-Tanya [tawn-yuh]

clickity clack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2008 11:45:59 PM »

I received!!! right after complaining on it here on the board...
and i must say:
altair = badass

will post pics... soon now.
The package, EXCLUDING extras, (back of notebooks shown)

The Extras plus pouch: lush soap which smells yummy, candies wrappers, tea x4 3.5 and two cylinders of perfume (which are divine and not pictured exactly, but im wearing one!)

notebooks (front): green lantern, spiderman, and dr. strange

spiffy beaded spidey necklace

AWESOME amigurumi which i am way too in love with to stop starring at. look at his cute little face!

me, making sweet love to dr. strange... mmm (pardon the sticky skin, its 100* in CA!)

this has been such a wonderful swap, thanks so much altair you rock!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008 01:01:25 AM by OmJane » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog: Flour and Fleece

"On the contrary, it is you who are crazy to think that you are mighty because you can wound and destroy. That is the task of children. The mighty know how to create and heal."
kittenbonanza
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2008 03:58:14 AM »

That Dr. Strange is the cutest thing i've ever seen in my life!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spookshowbaby77
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2008 05:45:01 AM »

My husband would knock somebody out for that Dr. Strange! Dr. Strange is his absolute fave; and that is too fabulous!

Here are pics of what I sent to kittenbonanza:

Handcarved Harley Quinn rubberstamp. I am most proud of this one - it's only my second attempt at carving and I love how it turned out! (Based on Bruce Timm artwork).

Decoupaged Super Can. My husband donated a few beat up comics for me to use.

A close up of the lid of the Super Can. Ampersand illustration by my hubby. Grin

Recycled paper notepad. Cover illustration of Black Cat by my hubby (yes, I had help on this swap). I used recycled paper for the inside - including some comic book pages.

The Wonder Tote. I used Crayola Transfer Crayons to get the image on the tote bag (Based on Alex Toth Superfriends artwork).

I also sent the Harley Quinn Barbie, but I didn't take a picture first, since she was a non-crafted extra.

I hope you like everything, kittenbonanza! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AeonGoddess
Meme-queen

I dare you to make less sense.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2008 08:16:21 AM »

That Doctor Strange amigurumi is AMAZING. I always say he doesn't get enough love. I heart his gold sash and goatee.

And that Harley Quinn stamp turned out really well. I can't believe it's your second attempt, spookshowbaby.

Also, I own the comics you used to decoupage that can. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FicklePegasus

Evil, but in a good way

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2008 09:40:30 AM »

I received the most amazing package from AeonGoddess last night!!!!!  Sorry for the bad pics, I didn't get home til late and had to take the pics right away!

Everything wrapped up and speaking to me...

I absolutely LOVE this drawing!!!  Very cute! (I tried to get my (cat) Spoiler to pose for a pic, but she refused)

What could I be? package- Hand drawn shrinky stitch markers!  Robin, Batgirl Spoiler, Speedy, Black Canary and green Arrow

Protect your secret identity- Green Arrow duct tape wallet!  Very awsome!

For my utility belt- Bat-tape measure with hidden yarn/tapestry needle!

Super Bonus- Rogue shrinky charm and bookmark!  I love them!

This is the one that was really talking to me...I saved it for last tho! My very own BAMF! doll!!!!!   He's really awsome!

I then opened the Spoilers...and found more wonderful artwork

AeonGoddess couldn't find good pictures to copy for her shrinky art, so she drew everything herself.  It's all beyond words how cool it all was.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/FicklePegasus

My Baby Cuthulu Blanket was featured on http://geekcrafts.com/
Elensule
Yeah, I'm THAT girl...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2008 11:30:22 AM »

Oh my gosh, wow!! I am in LOVE with the Dr. Strange plushie... Awesome!!

And those stitch markers? SO cool! I love them! May have to steal that idea (I need more markers...xD)

My stuff in the next post (YAY Laurenmissing for taking pics so I don't have to wait for mom to get home to post!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Repo! Swap!
Elensule
Yeah, I'm THAT girl...

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2008 11:51:18 AM »

Okay, so I have no pretty 'in the box' pictures because a) it came in an envelope and b) because these are all LaurenMissing's pics, so I don't have to wait until Tuesday when my mom gets home to post. I am just too excited!

Okay. So I open the envelope and I see a purse strap. And my first thought is 'she didn't... she didn't do... YES!!' The thing I... nudged toward was a freakazoid purse. He is my favorite ever. And lo, what Lauren did for me:

Oh my goodness. I was practically hyperventilating It was so amazing. I LOVE it. The inside is white, and it's the PERFECT size for a paperback book, my pen and notebook and my wallet, which is all I really carry anyway. Also, the strap is really long, and I LOVE that I can wear it on one side with the strap on the other; that's EXACTLY how I like my purses! I LOVE it, it is perfect. Smiley

INSIDE the purse there were these other goodies:

A matching coin purse! (For all of you non-nineties kids out there, that's what Freakazoid's hair looks like. Smiley )

She lined it with this amazing yellow polka dot fabric that I love so much I have to show off:

Little story for the next one... I was in Joann's the other day with my dad, getting some stuff for another swap and I said 'gee, I could use a hook roll... I may have to break down and attack my stash when we get home, 'cause I really need one."

And then I open my package and I got:

AH! I was SO excited when I unrolled it, and I have a bunch of hooks in it already. Smiley It is PERFECT (the inside has more of the yummy polka dot fabric, too), and I LOVE the wildness of the outer fabric! It will fit in my utility belt (or equivalent WIP bag. xD) exactly right!

And FINALLY this headband:

In freakazoid colors (Red on the front, more yellow polkadots on the back). I love it too! And it's like... velvet, so it's really soft. Tongue I wore it all last night.

Here's Lauren modelling it (she'll have to do, xD Since I don't have a camera for my own action shot):

It'll be great when I get my dreads and just want them out of my face.

It was all so amazing, thank you so much!! I love it all!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Repo! Swap!
redidin
Interstitial Hitchhiker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2008 08:53:54 PM »

Oh, WOW. All of this is amazing, but the Dr. Strange and BAMF dolls are just spectacular.

AeonGoddess, if you have a pattern for that BAMF, I would be very interested in getting my claws on a copy... =D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Understanding Digital Camera Functions
The Role of a Digital Camera Memory Card
Understanding the Mega Pixel
How to Prepare Your Digital Camera for Use
How to Care for Your Digital Camera
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...