A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,739
Currently Running With Scissors:
572 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Summer Reading Swap Gallery  (Read 17574 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #170 on: August 08, 2008 10:23:58 AM »

The fabric on that tote bag is fantastic! And, I love the tea wallet- I made one for my sis for Christmas, but I really should make one for myself. Every once in a while, I just get a hankering for tea... and of course, it's lovely to curl up with a good book and a cup of tea!

And, as an aside (due to swap anxiety, really)...
Why is it that whenever I forget to take pics of my items, my partners take longer to post (and I had one not post at all!!)Huh
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008 10:34:25 AM by craftADDchick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
EowynUlysses
« Reply #171 on: August 08, 2008 01:38:36 PM »

Why is it that whenever I forget to take pics of my items, my partners take longer to post (and I had one not post at all!!)Huh

Sorry it took me so long to get pictures up. I took them right away but didn't upload them until today. I love everything you sent! The books are great and the crafts are so cute!

Los libros:
The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd
I really liked her other book, but haven't read this one yet.
The Red Queen: Sex and the Evolution of Human Nature by Matt Ridley
I'm studying Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, so this book is right up my alley.
The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
Lately I've been re-reading books I read in high school English classes, so this fits right in. Plus this copy has lots of extra essays, including some early critics.
The American Vegetarian Cookbook from the Fit for Life Kitchen by Marilyn Diamond
I've been a vegetarian for awhile, but I'm always looking for more recipes. This cookbook has lots of great ones, plus tons of information about nutrition, choosing fruit and vegetables and baking. Yay!

Here are two of the crafts, a wee adorable bookworm stuffie and bookmarks. I tried to knit a bookworm for you, craftADDchick, but it didn't turn out so cute as yours! It's funny how we keep repeating the same themes.

Here's a bookmark in use. They can also be worn as headbands, which will be so cute with my new haircut.

Here are eight fantastic notecards with quotes about books. I thought about using some of the same quotes in my crafts. I have a few penpals, so these will really come in handy!
My favorite quotes: "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx  Cheesy
"Wherever books are burned, men also, in the end, are burned." Heinrich Heine

Thanks so much craftADDchick! Everything is fantastic and I had great fun swapping with you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swaps are fun!

Fun websites to give for free: thehungersite.com, freerice.com, care2.com

Wanted: Sock yarn scraps for a shawl.
LeapFeetFirst

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #172 on: August 08, 2008 01:53:46 PM »

Oh, hngoodlett, your partner has done you a great service starting you out on the Dark Tower series. You are in for a treat. If the first book doesn't hook you, the second one will.

AMEN sister! Amen! The Gunslinger is by far my all time favorite series!
   I haven't heard of this....  what is the Dark Tower Series?  sounds like I've been missing some fun! 

The Dark Tower Series is a series of 7 books written by Stephen King. If you like urban sci-fi/fantasy or books about alternate universes, you should check it out. The first book is called "The Gunslinger".

And if you do end up liking the series, you should try The Stand and The Talisman- also by Stephen King
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SunflowerSmiles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: August 08, 2008 02:22:45 PM »

Oh, hngoodlett, your partner has done you a great service starting you out on the Dark Tower series. You are in for a treat. If the first book doesn't hook you, the second one will.

I haven't heard of this....  what is the Dark Tower Series?  sounds like I've been missing some fun! 

The Dark Tower Series is a series of 7 books written by Stephen King. If you like urban sci-fi/fantasy or books about alternate universes, you should check it out. The first book is called "The Gunslinger".

And if you do end up liking the series, you should try The Stand and The Talisman- also by Stephen King
why thank you my dear!!!  sounds really fun!   the Talisman sounds really interesting as well...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
aquamarine007
« Reply #174 on: August 08, 2008 03:03:08 PM »

First of all...thank you, thank you, thank you Soulmom. Everything was soooo nice! I got spoiled  Cheesy

First a group shot before I tore into the wrapping....

Each package was beautifully wrapped with a quote written on each package

Group shot...a little dark sorry  Tongue

Books - I told soulmom that I hadn't read a lot of sci fi, so she sent me some to try. I have started Black Sun Rising already and am really into it! She also sent me a chick lit book with a crafty theme to satisfy my chick lit cravings  Wink

Black Sun Rising...C.S. Friedman
On A Pale Horse...Piers Anthony
The Friday Night Knitting Club...Kate Jacobs

Pretty inside material of cool pirate bag...with a surprise of book thongs and a pen in the inside pocket!

Group shot of mug cosy (mug didn't quite make the trip in one piece Sad ), cute pirate journal with cool skulls, two kinds of yummy tea and the book thongs

Thanks again Soulmom...you rock!

Stephanie
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008 05:46:12 PM by aquamarine007 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
captjaneway
« Reply #175 on: August 08, 2008 04:44:47 PM »

My package from Ninipops is here! It's so awesome!!!  Grin

The books:

The both sound so interesting! I'm so excited to start reading them!

An awesome "Bibliophile" Bag for me to use at the library! It has a special pouch attached for my library card!!!!!!!!!

The pouch!

I'm so excited about this because a) I needed a bag to bring home books from the library and b) I hate having to dig through my wallet when I'm ready to check out the books
I won't say what I put in her package because I want it to be a surprise but as has been manifested before in the swap- partners are sharing brain waves!

And last but certainly not least- A notebook for me to keep track of books I want to read! This is wonderful because I am always forgetting what books I'm looking for.

Thank you so much Ninipops! Everything is sooooo awesome!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you want to spoil a grouch's day, smile Smiley

Joy may be the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy Smiley
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #176 on: August 08, 2008 05:02:29 PM »

More cool stuff, and more excellent books! Definitely need to make a list!

EowynUlysses- I'm so glad you like the books I picked out for you! I did try to find some specific titles you had requested, but had no luck. As for the crafted items, I was looking for another type of bookworm (more like an inchworm), but could only find a pattern for a very big one (plus I would have had to crochet with my non-dominant hand for part of it). I had a lot of fun making the note cards (although I was surprised to find out that the laser printed sayings were not waterproof on the watercolor paper...a tiny bit of smudging happened...). I sat with my papers and punches and played with the combos for quite a bit...oddly relaxing...

And, I hope you didn't take offense by my "where's the pics?" comment- I always get nervous when people don't post pics- I think they hate my stuff. Of course, I never consider that life does have a habit of getting in the way... That'll teach me to post before I've had any coffee Wink

Thanks so much for swapping with me! I think I'll be reading Blind Descent tonight Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NerdyCrochetGal
Nerdy Weirdo with Yarn Skills

I am not ignoring you... I am counting stitches...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #177 on: August 08, 2008 06:12:13 PM »

And, I hope you didn't take offense by my "where's the pics?" comment- I always get nervous when people don't post pics- I think they hate my stuff. Of course, I never consider that life does have a habit of getting in the way... That'll teach me to post before I've had any coffee Wink

I wouldn't have taken offense. Even though I have done a few swaps I still have anxiety from time to time. Pictures just let you know that people aren't hiding your crafts away from the world. LOL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HOOKER PRIDE!!!
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #178 on: August 08, 2008 06:50:01 PM »

I wouldn't have taken offense. Even though I have done a few swaps I still have anxiety from time to time. Pictures just let you know that people aren't hiding your crafts away from the world. LOL.

Thanks for that! I feel a bit less silly now Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Diesels_Mom
Please refrain from frying bacon naked.

Mango Tango Scented Love Machine

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 09, 2008 12:53:37 AM »

The Stand is an awesome book! Another in that genre is Swan Song . Theres also a online blooker that I really enjoy David Wellington, he currently has his newest novel in its entirety online to read. http://www.brokentype.com/pz/
I have read Monster Island, Monster Nation, Monster Planet and 13 Bullets. I still need to read 99 Coffins, Vampire Zero and Plague Zone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/dieselsmom

* I Love personal swaps! *

"A dog is not almost-human, and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such." - John Holmes
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Perfect Peppermint Pinwheel Cookies Recipe
Sweet As Sugar Cookie Cutouts Recipe
Festive Eggnog Cookies Recipe
Kicked-Up Holiday Sugar Cookies Recipe
Bunny Cake Recipe for Easter
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...