A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,760
Currently Running With Scissors:
493 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Summer Reading Swap Gallery  (Read 17584 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SunflowerSmiles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: August 07, 2008 12:10:54 PM »

I want a bloody-gnome-that-chews-off-your-arms-if-you-don't-give-back-the-book plate? Shocked Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
dichotomy
Fastest needles in the west.

~Team Wordy~

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #161 on: August 07, 2008 08:20:53 PM »

Oh, hngoodlett, your partner has done you a great service starting you out on the Dark Tower series. You are in for a treat. If the first book doesn't hook you, the second one will.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lechaton

yes that is an at-at.

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 07, 2008 09:03:45 PM »

I'm so bad at posting!
I received from lukenlarry like...a week or more ago but it took me forever to take pictures *bad partner* but i love everything she sent! it's awesome! onto the pics!

first the books:

Pastwatch: the Redemption of Christopher Columbus by Orson Scott Card
and Kiln People by David Brin
Both of these are by authors I love and I can't wait to get started on them!

and now the goodies:
an AMAZING quilted book cover with all my favorite colors - this blows my mind!

and an awesome 2 pocket reversible bag PERFECT for my many many library trips:

thanks again!!
and i'm putting in my vote for a...fall reading swap? i don't know what break comes next, haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We won't stop until somebody calls the cops and even then we'll start again and just pretend that nothing ever happened. - Kimya Dawson.

http://airn.livejournal.com
http://www.wists.com/lechaton
http://www.shelfari.com/erinw

i'm all over the internet.
Soulmom
« Reply #163 on: August 07, 2008 09:38:14 PM »

Oh, hngoodlett, your partner has done you a great service starting you out on the Dark Tower series. You are in for a treat. If the first book doesn't hook you, the second one will.

AMEN sister! Amen! The Gunslinger is by far my all time favorite series!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka."
-Dr. Horrible
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #164 on: August 07, 2008 09:48:14 PM »

I have the series, but I've only read the first one. I got too busy to read for a bit, and I've never gone back to it. I just picked up Wolves of the Calla... but somehow I think I already have a copy somewhere...

I really need to go on a book buying moratorium and read what I have... but somehow, in spite of my good intentions, I just can't resist a good book...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
dichotomy
Fastest needles in the west.

~Team Wordy~

« Reply #165 on: August 08, 2008 06:27:06 AM »

I really need to go on a book buying moratorium and read what I have...

I am always doing that. It's really hard!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LeapFeetFirst

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #166 on: August 08, 2008 06:35:26 AM »

The Dark Tower series is one of my favorites too, which is why it was awesome that hngoodlett requested it on her questionaire.

I am going to have to add all of the Orson Scott Card books to my reading list. I love Ender's Game and the rest of the series, but I haven't read any of his other books. I will have to get on that!

And I love the idea of doing a book plate swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NerdyCrochetGal
Nerdy Weirdo with Yarn Skills

I am not ignoring you... I am counting stitches...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #167 on: August 08, 2008 09:51:29 AM »

Cheesy I received a lovely package from annie_atetheworld today, and everything in it was so amazing. I hope my pictures aren't too horrible. My camera is getting a little old and doesn't do so well with detail.  First of all I would just like to say, I love everything, I love the colors of everything, and I am just amazed at how well she was able to craft for my tastes.

First off, I have to show off this amazing book tote, the fabric is sooo beautiful, and the lining is such a wonderful shade of orange, I love it. I am not sure if she meant for this to be reversible, but it is so wonderfully made, that it definitely is. I can't wait to use this!

She also made a cute little onigiri stuffy for my little man, who grabbed it and shook it and chewed on it. Trust me, that means that he likes it. He also had fun touching the felt, things with different textures on them are really interesting to him right now, so total score. (Wish I could've gotten a picture of him holding it, but he was not sitting still for anything, so hopefully I can get a picture of that later on)

A tea wallet, which I said I would love in my swap survey. Not only is this matched wonderfully to the bag she made, but it is also filled with tea! In fact she sent a lovely selection of teas, and I am so excited about trying out some.

the bookmark that she made, that I think is just the coolest damn thing I have ever seen. She said this was her first collage, and I can hardly believe it. I love her use of paper, the different types and colors just make this so neat to look at. I really wish I could get better pictures of this... Perhaps I will try scanning it in later.. Hmm....

And these are the lovely books she sent. I have an avid interest in all things occult, so this encyclopedia has me super excited. Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark little did annie know this was one of my favorite books when I was younger, and it is sooo cool to own it again (I think my last copy got donated with a bunch of other books I didn't want to get rid of when I moved out after Highschool). She also sent me a copy of Howl's Moving Castle which I have not read yet, but I really really want to read, and I am so excited to have it!

Thanks annie_atetheworld you are an awesome swap partner. Also much love to the organizers, as this swap was loads of fun!

Oh I almost forgot the booklight.. This will be soooo very handy..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HOOKER PRIDE!!!
SunflowerSmiles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: August 08, 2008 10:04:36 AM »

I haven't heard of this....  what is the Dark Tower Series?  sounds like I've been missing some fun! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
RubyRain
« Reply #169 on: August 08, 2008 10:18:56 AM »

Another great pkg-great selection of books and that tea holder is really cute! I love that fabric on the bag-gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homeschooling mama of 4 kidlets.

Mamahood is not for wimps!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Plus Size Women Show Lingerie Fits All Sizes
How To Properly Dress for a Holiday Party
How To Get the Most Out of Black Friday
Alyson Hannigan Talks Fashion
We Spy Fashionable Celebrity Engagement Rings
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...