A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,667
Currently Running With Scissors:
608 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Summer Reading Swap Gallery  (Read 17548 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

metaphysical_muse
Beets. Bears. Battlestar Galactica.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2008 12:47:15 AM »

My package from sf craftster arrived today! She had mentioned in an earlier post about how well matched up we were, and I definitely have to agree! It was like we had Swap ESP or something.

Onto the good stuff....

First, the books:

Winter of Fire; Sherryl Jordan (This one sounds really good! I love fantasy and YA books, so I can't wait to read it.)

Claymore, Volume 1; Norihiro Yagi (Whoa! The plot for this manga sounds awesome. I took a real quick peek inside and the artwork is pretty cool, too.)

Vampire Knight, Volume 1; Matsuri Hino (I actually have this manga already and it's one of my favorites! If I had had more time, I was going to make a Cross Academy school uniform to wear to Comic Con this year ('cuz that's how big a geek I am). I have a friend who has been wanting to borrow this from me for some time, so I'm very glad for the extra copy to lend out now.)

The Crafty Goodness...

A journal to keep track of the books I've read, lent out, and want to read. It's exactly what I wanted (and almost exactly the same thing I sent her as you'll see when she posts her pics)!!

It's so cool! She made the stamps that she used on the pages, which is genius. There's a section to record the books I've read and give them a 5-star rating. A section to keep track of who've I've lent my books out to and if they've been returned. And, a section to keep track of titles that I want to read in the future. She also sent me the stamps she made.

These are personalized book plate stamps that she made, too! They are rating off the charts on my personal awesome scale right now.

I went stamp-happy and tested them out on the envelope her card came in. Pretty sweet, huh? Isn't the little owl adorable!

Now, I'm a huge (which is an understatement, btw) fan of the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer. Look how awesome this is!! (It looks like the Twilight book cover for those who aren't familiar.)

Lastly, she sent me this tote bag from the organization she works for. It's the perfect size and I love totes, so this will get tons of use.

I LOVE everything you sent me! Thanks again, sf craftster, for being such an awesome first swap partner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2008 08:14:46 AM »

Holy cow, I love that journal! I love that the stamps are hand carved, and I love the 5-star rating system, and the tabs on the edge! I'm definitely going to have to steal that idea for something else...since I don't use book journals... (The gears are turning...maybe I could make one as an "index" to my favorite recipes in my cookbooks. Then, I could record the recipe, the book it came from, and the page number. I could even use a rating system! And, I could divide it up into tabbed sections like Appetizers, Desserts, etc. Oh, I am so making one of these!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!   Okay, back to the swap at hand...)

The carved book plate stamps are also a cool idea! The next time I give a book as a gift, I might have to include one of these. In fact, I have to make a gift for a young friend pretty soon... I think some stamp carving might be in order, here... Thanks again for the inspiring idea!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
dichotomy
Fastest needles in the west.

~Team Wordy~

« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2008 08:40:43 AM »

I've been spending a bit of time in my "book room" (not organized enough to be called a library...yet) and have realized how many books I own that I have not read. So, I've started reading...

And, I'm part-way through:
Twinkie, Deconstructed: My Journey to Discover How the Ingredients Found in Processed Foods Are Grown, Mined (Yes, Mined), and Manipulated into What America Eats by Steve Ettlinger

Yeah, I have a whole bookshelf full of stuff I haven't read yet, and I just went to a library booksale yesterday and got a whole stack more, and borrowed some from my boyfriend, and I haven't even gotten the books from my partner yet! I will never in life run out of books.

Also, I read part of Twinkie, Deconstructed in a bookstore the other day - it's fascinating.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissTee_2

Harry Potter is Love.....

« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2008 09:10:05 AM »

I got mine from Gravity yesterday....and she sent me some great things!

She sent me....

A tote bag made of fun strawberry fabric, four bookmarks and a crocheted watermelon hat! I can wear that this winter with my red coat.

The books....
Equal Rites by Terry Prachett
The Serpents Shadow by Mercedes Lackey
Dragon Flight by Anne McCaffrey
Sabriel by Garth Nix
Bellwether by Connie Willis

Let me tell you, what I sent her...is nothing like these books!..lol, I hope she likes them. Well, three of the five are not like these....

THANKS CHICA!

BTW..I just got done reading Twlight and it was AMAZING! I loved it, im on New Moon now and cannot WAIT to get through the rest of the series!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008 09:11:43 AM by MissTee_2 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swap Friendly
captjaneway
« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2008 09:35:37 AM »

Metaphysical_muse: I love that journal/notebook! It's awesome!

MissTee_2: That hat is sooo cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you want to spoil a grouch's day, smile Smiley

Joy may be the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy Smiley
BadWolf

cassettetape--->BadWolf

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2008 10:31:16 AM »

Haha, watermelon hat. Cute Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My username has changed from cassettetape to BadWolf.

"Does this shirt make me look like a party balloon?"-Mike

http://pinterest.com/marquesajen
psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2008 10:39:55 AM »

Ooh.. nice. The Serpent's Shadow is one of my very favourite books! I also have (and very much enjoy) Winter of Fire from the previous package Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2008 01:48:11 PM »

The hat is adorable, and I like the designs on the bookmarks! Neat book selection. After the last book swap I did, I decided to give the Discworld series a go. I just finished Equal Rites and I really enjoyed it! I'm not a huge sci-fi/fantasy reader (which is strange, because I'm a big science geek, and I love science fiction movies and TV... Fantasy for me is a separate category, I guess...).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Adridne
« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2008 01:52:03 PM »

I got my package from Cuppiecake while I was out of town, and I have been shamefully late in posting pics, but here they are.  First the books:

That's Good Omens, by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett; Interworld, by Neil Gaiman and Michael Reaves; The Ivory and the Horn, by Charles deLint; and Athyra and Taltos by Steven brust, which I am so excited about.

And the crafts:

She made me an awesome pirate bookmark, a lap pillow book holder, and a TON of bookplates.  Like, way, way more than are in the photo.  If they look a bit odd it's because I blurred out my name.
Thanks cuppiecake, you package was fantastic, sorry I was so late posting pics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LeapFeetFirst

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2008 06:25:21 AM »

Good Omens is one of my favorite books!! Those book plates look awesome- is there any way we could get a close up of them?? I love seeing all of the book related crafts!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best & Worst Beauty
DIY Fuller and Longer Lashes
Supermodel Secrets: Coco Rocha on Taking the Perfect Selfie
Surprising Beauty Uses for Baking Soda
Tips For Full and Voluminous Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...