A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,968
Currently Running With Scissors:
472 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Sister's 13th Birthday  (Read 1564 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RCKFELLA
Tutorial Contributor

there's no substitute for time

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2005 04:35:19 PM »

well, this is kind of bitting off everyone's ideas. how about, you take some basic boring wooden box with lid and all, nothing fancy, smooth edges

make a collage with pics of boys, oc peeps, and stuff she likes and use decoupage glue to paste it on the outside, so she has a super cool decoupaged box. maybe glue rhinestones, stencil her name on there or something. so then, on the inside you can put her present. for the scarf, i'f you're not into knitting, you can go to walmart and buy a good sized strip of fleece and just fray the ends since those kinds of scarves are really popular too.

see, nothing to it, no sewing or anything and they have really cute prints like hot lips, strawberry shortcake, or basic colors if you want. for earrings, seariously, the simpler the better. if she's a crazy girl, guitar pick earrings are super cool and even easier to make. also, with the same technique as guitar pick earrings, barbie shoe earrings are funky and cute. also buying those ready made canvas totes and stenciling something on there or even those iron on appliques can be cute. so with the box it's like 2 for the price of one, but serioulsy, for a cool 13 year old, the possibilities are endless! hope this helps!

<3,
karen
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xkrazyx
Krazy Kayla

Krazy Kayla

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2005 06:58:26 PM »

OK so... i love ALLLLLLL the ide4as they rock... but i decided to do this... im gonna make all kinds of celebrity and music stencils that kelsey loves and paint them on her walls... cause she just painted her walls green pink blue orange and purple all walls a diff color... and i think that will jazz it up a bit more... Im so fricken excited to do this... shes gonna be so excited coming home from school seein this!! YAY!! by the way... im gonna use you guys' ideas for my cousins bday they all turn 13 this year! can't wait!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2005 06:44:35 PM by Goddess » THIS ROCKS   Logged

<b><3 Krazy Kayla </b
RBrennan

well behaved women rarely make history

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2005 07:44:08 PM »

I have a sister who's that age. It's like really hard because she acts older than she is and is very specific about things. Which means that if she doesn't completely like it, she won't use it.  Well, that's just w/ her.I'm gonna make her a bouquet of those duct tape flowers. That might help you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Happychick
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2005 08:35:16 AM »

i know this is a little late, but what about a cheap charm bracelet with personalised charms, like if she has a cat, then a cat charm, or if she's into boys, you can get cute ' i heart guys' charms at cl@ires
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Getting Your Lightroom Presets in to Camera Raw
Bruce Blausen on Animating Medical Conditions
Saving Print Layouts in Lightroom
5 Random Little Things in Lightroom That Throw People Off
Everything You Wanted to Know About Photoshop Guides
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...