A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,116
Currently Running With Scissors:
364 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: To Write Love On Her Arms Memorial Quilt  (Read 11151 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

athenamat

Newlywed quilter/lawyer

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2008 11:43:28 PM »

This is lovely, thank you for sharing! I'm familiar with the org as well but didn't realize that they accepted quilt donations ... now I know what to do with the extra quilts I plan to be making for no specific home ...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to send my Step-Sister's Choice quilt to a new home.  If you're interested in swapping for fabric/scrapbooking supplies, send me a PM.
kjlutz
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I am woman watch me grow!

Wherever you've been, He's been there

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2008 10:28:14 AM »

Wow, you've rendered me speechless.

I would love to get mad at your for distracting me from my school work, but really it is thanks you deserve: for sharing your beautiful work, for sharing your painful story, and for introducing me to such an incredible organisation.  Thank you so much. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes you get to change the world, and other times the world changes you.

Currently drowning in the sea called PhD.

Interested in swapping for I-Spy Quilt Squares and Scraps.
fruityness12
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2008 11:07:16 AM »

Wow. this quilt is so amazing! :]
And the story behind it is so beautiful, this has given me hope for my own s.i issues.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tivaclare
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2008 11:28:26 AM »

Oh gosh you just made me tear up a bit. This is a beautiful quilt. Thank you for helping raise awareness on such an important topic. I often feel like people consider mental/emotional issues too taboo to discuss. You've inspired me. Thank you.

This is beautiful and I'm glad you've found a healthy way to cope with your grief.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dark.star.88

Design is where science and art break even.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2008 11:47:48 AM »

Wow. To be honest i would have left the comment out about reading the story first. Everyone needs to read that story to make the quilt mean something. The quilt is so much more then just a quilt. You should be very proud. I'm glad you did it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm afraid that if you look at a thing long enough, it loses all of its meaning" - Andy Warhol

Swaps:
Post Secret Rd. 9 - GOOD FEEDBACK!
Disposable Camera Rd. 6 - GOOD FEEDBACK!
Altering Paper Crafts Supply Swap - GOOD FEEDBACK!
Art Journal Page - GOOD FEEDBACK
lovefrozenstars
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2008 07:46:06 PM »

I didn't see this piece before it was on the featured projects, and I'm so glad that it was. 
As someone who has both overcome SI and the suicide of a friend, this piece really touched me, maybe more than anything I have previously seen on Craftster. 

It really shows that you put so much emotion into this piece and it's really great that you are donating it to a cause that means a lot to you.  (I really love twloha.)
You should be really proud of yourself for this piece, and for your strength to overcome these issues in your life.

Thank you for sharing this very personal piece and story.
I wish you the best.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"What makes someone go into the arts is their uncanny knack of perceiving the slightest problem as the grandest tragedy."
- Nicky Silver
brookeincraftland
BROOKE

formerly was polKadOt_iT.then they took over :)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2008 12:02:34 AM »

it is beautiful. not only because you did such a great and thoughtful job making it, but because it is helping you find some closure. so many people are impacted either by family or friends or personally with this and I think it is great you have turned your pain and past into something to help others.

Great job!!!!!

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have paint all over my fingers and fabric all over the floor. Yeah it was a good day!
xx_Kellybean
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2008 05:53:08 AM »

Wow, beautiful quilt.

I'm a proud support of TWLOHA, too. It's a great organization, no doubt about it.

I know nothing I can say will help you feel better about the whole situation, but just know that there's a lot of people out there who can relate to your situation. I'm glad you did something productive with your pain, it gives me faith that we'll all find something like that someday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cross_my_hooks
With Love, Crochet

Let's make magic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2008 06:26:49 AM »

love it, good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MorgieMooka
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2008 04:41:12 PM »

I don't usually comment that much on posts but this one was too important to me not to. This is so beautiful. Having struggled with s.i. issues for a long time myself, this really means a lot to me. I am so sorry about your loss and your pain. But I am so glad you have turned it into wonderful, positive things. TWLOHA is an org I only found out about within the last year or so but I'm glad I did. I am glad someone is finally bringing awareness to this.
Your story and your spirit are moving and incredible and I really hope you keep creating beautiful things like this. You inspire me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
City of Lost Souls Mini Trailer
Dr. Michael Widlanski on His Book Battle for Our Minds
Matt Myklusch on the Message Behind the Jack Blank Adventures Series
Walter Stahr on His Book Seward
Philippa Gregory Discusses Her Audiobook Changeling
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...