A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 299,163
Currently Running With Scissors:
642 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wonder Woman Costume! *Now, with notes.  (Read 60157 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2008 , wonder_woman , wonder_woman_costume  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stewd_arts
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2008 05:59:29 AM »

That's fantastic! I don't think I have seen a better looking WW costume probably ever. I need to work on my knitting so I can do this kind of thing. Great work Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity."
    Edvard Munch
Debby141
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2008 08:33:28 AM »

Wow, you knitted that yourself. I just started knitting and it isn't as simple as it seams Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jessarama
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2008 09:49:55 AM »

You are a glorious amazon! Now you should use your awesome knitting skills to tackle an invisible plane (fishing line perhaps?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EasilyAmused

You're gonna make it after all.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2008 10:17:08 AM »

wowza! that costume would be amazing if it was just made from fabric, but the fact that you knitted it brings it to a whole other level! AWESOME JOB!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hotbettie
I solemly swear I am up to no good.

Slytherin by choice, Griffindor at heart.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2008 11:41:03 AM »

I love it! You look so amazingly hot!!  Kiss  I'm sure I'm not the only one to ask, but any chance of a pattern?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chris_wass
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2008 01:59:21 PM »

would you mind sharing your charts?

Thanks for the interest!

The stars and eagle on the bodysuit were knit separately, then sewed on as appliques, so no charts there. I did make notes on the stars, since I had to make multiples, but figured out the eagle as I went. I'd have to go back and look at the the thing to write out instructions. The stars on the headband and wristbands were from the Stitch 'n Bitch Powerful Wrist Protection pattern, but not the construction from the book, as mine are finer yarn and wider.

I've also got notes for what I did for my costume for my big 50"x40"x50" curves. I was thinking about making up a spreadsheet where you could plug in your measurements and get a version of the pattern for your exact size. As everyone's proportions aren't the same, and you really need an exact fit for the thing to look good. Or, do you think that I should just put out my notes for people to figure out how to size it for themselves?

Would people be willing to buy a spreadsheet if I took time to make one up?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop: http://chriswass.etsy.com
The Phoenix United Craft Society: http://www.phucs.com

"To make people free is the aim of art, therefore art for me is the science of freedom." -Joseph Beuys
nosierosie
I'm a nose and a smelly one at that.

Yeah, that's right, my name is Mrs. Rose Bloom.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2008 02:04:56 PM »

You're such a badass!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

giddygirlie

not to be confused with giggly girlie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2008 02:34:28 PM »

Love it! I'll be sure to look for you at Comic Con! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lechaton

yes that is an at-at.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2008 03:17:23 PM »

would you mind sharing your charts?

Thanks for the interest!

The stars and eagle on the bodysuit were knit separately, then sewed on as appliques, so no charts there. I did make notes on the stars, since I had to make multiples, but figured out the eagle as I went. I'd have to go back and look at the the thing to write out instructions. The stars on the headband and wristbands were from the Stitch 'n Bitch Powerful Wrist Protection pattern, but not the construction from the book, as mine are finer yarn and wider.

I've also got notes for what I did for my costume for my big 50"x40"x50" curves. I was thinking about making up a spreadsheet where you could plug in your measurements and get a version of the pattern for your exact size. As everyone's proportions aren't the same, and you really need an exact fit for the thing to look good. Or, do you think that I should just put out my notes for people to figure out how to size it for themselves?

Would people be willing to buy a spreadsheet if I took time to make one up?

Wow! I totally didn't think of doing that, I was going to duplicate stitch it all but applique makes a lot more sense. Thanks so much for the tips! A spreadsheet sounds awesome and you could totally use the body suit in other colors for other superheros too...or supervillians! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We won't stop until somebody calls the cops and even then we'll start again and just pretend that nothing ever happened. - Kimya Dawson.

http://airn.livejournal.com
http://www.wists.com/lechaton
http://www.shelfari.com/erinw

i'm all over the internet.
chris_wass
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2008 03:28:10 PM »

I was going to duplicate stitch it all but applique makes a lot more sense. Thanks so much for the tips! A spreadsheet sounds awesome and you could totally use the body suit in other colors for other superheros too...or supervillians! Cheesy

I totally thought about duplicate stitching it too, but I did a heap of short row shaping for the cups, and thought that it would not duplicate stitch nicely. Once I decided to do the eagle as a separate piece, then it snowballed to all being appliques!

My pal booglass thought so too, she's thinking about making a BatGirl version in black and yellow for Halloween!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop: http://chriswass.etsy.com
The Phoenix United Craft Society: http://www.phucs.com

"To make people free is the aim of art, therefore art for me is the science of freedom." -Joseph Beuys
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Capturing Images
Lighting Techniques
Photography Tips - How to Protect Camera Lens
How to Use a Neutral Density Graduated Filter
How to Shoot Great Portrait Photos
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...