A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 303,169
Currently Running With Scissors:
604 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Some new bags I've made. (IMG heavy)  (Read 1351 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: July 14, 2008 07:43:04 AM »

Hi all,

I've been a bit slack with coming in here lately, but have had a busy few weeks....BUT still managed to find time to whip up a couple of bags....let me know what you think.

The first is a little set I made for one of my teachers (sewing believe it or not!) and it's only my third attempt at patchwork, but kind of designed the pattern as I went.

The next is a series of pics of a bag I did for someone in a bag swap (in a Yahoo group that I'm a member of).  It was a swap of a different kind, in that we sent the person our own fabric...and we all used the same pattern.  It's interesting to see how we've all made changes to the finished item to individualise it.  It's safe to post pics now, as she's received her bag.

And lastly, a friend of mine snuck a birthday in, and I just HAD (smiles) to make her a bag.  I made a tissue holder and wallet to match, but forgot to take pics of them!  Anyhoo, here's two pics of the bag.

I'll accept any comments, good, bad or ugly.  Oh, and please excuse the messy work area...but I'm a self proclaimed grot!

Hugs and happy sewing
Adelaide, Sth Australia
digital misfit

crazy doesn't begin to cover it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008 08:08:35 AM »

The bags look fab! Great job  Smiley

Love the shape you used for the patchwork bag, works great with the design.  The matching keyfob, wallet and tissue holders are adorable!

Visit my blog to read my rambling, get free hand embroidery patterns, and even enter giveaways from time to time! http://myhidingplaceincyberspace.blogspot.com
little me
Little Me Crafts

Enjoy Life's Little Pleasures

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008 08:10:49 AM »

These are all cute. I like the idea of that swap - I've never done one, doing one the way you guys did it sounds very interesting.

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008 09:00:23 AM »

Those bags are all completely adorable. I love the patchwork design and shape of the first bag, though. It's very unique!

Sew like there's no tomorrow.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008 09:56:03 AM »

I like the fabric of the third bag...so cute!  The first one is cool, too.  I've seen that style somewhere online...great job on accomplishing the patchwork w/o a pattern!

I miss my doggy~Apollo~He'll forever be in my heart

my etsy shop ~ www.lillaka.etsy.com
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008 04:13:50 PM »

Thank you all so much for your comments.  Yes the swap was fun (and it was my first sewing one, I've done a beading one in the past though) however, let me tell you, it was nerve-wracking for me as I was petrified the whole time of stuffing it up and not having access to more material if I did!  I managed to do it without having to email her and ask where she got it from so I could purchase more to finish her bag!

Hugs N Happy sewing
Adelaide, Sth Australia
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008 10:03:41 PM »

Marvelous bags (& sets! soooo cute!)  I love your work!

By the way...what is a grot?! (My sewing area gets really messy when I'm sewing!)  I'm a Texan, so have no idea what a grot is!

Thanks for sharing!
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008 06:09:29 AM »

Marvelous bags (& sets! soooo cute!)  I love your work!

By the way...what is a grot?! (My sewing area gets really messy when I'm sewing!)  I'm a Texan, so have no idea what a grot is!

Thanks for sharing!

Hmmmm, having been to Houston a couple of times, I'm thinking a name you'd associate with "grot" would be dingy! lol  It means I'm a messy person....which is a bit of an oxy-moron as I can be quite a perfectionist at times...so it's quite opposite!  Maybe I'm just setting myself up for the funny farm one day too!  Hope that has cleared it up for you, as I think I've confused myself!

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008 08:01:45 AM »

All 3 bags are nice, but I especially love the pretty pink fabric. Smiley
Canadian Craftin' Momma

Sew Sew Sew!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008 08:44:27 AM »

I really love the shape of the first bag, very different. Great job on all 3 of them.

Mother to 4 beautiful crazy children that loves to sew, make bows and photography.

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Creamy, Dreamy Cheek Tint Perfection
Look Younger with Syn-Ake Concealer
Rejuvenate, Restore & Perfect Under Eyes
Bright Eyes: Anti-Aging De-Puffing Masks
Be Beautiful: Our Most Loved Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quilted Patchwork Basket
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Spooky Halloween Decorations
Craft Challenge #110 Announced - Halloween Costume Contest!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...