A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 301,506
Currently Running With Scissors:
335 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A chemo chapeau, nautilus, shawl and checkerboard scarf! {Pic Hippopotamic}  (Read 3931 times)
Tags for this thread: shawl , wrap , shrug  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RepentantAngel
Empress of the World At Large

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 12, 2008 11:39:03 AM »

Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I've posted any work. Sorry in advance about the length.^_^

I hope you enjoy!

This is a scarf that I made from my own pattern some time ago during a really cold winter. (For some reason, this picture is horrible.) I made one in the same colors, only with stripes, for my bf. It was done in Red Heart.

This is a hat that I made for my boyfriend's mom, who is about to go through chemotherapy. I got the pattern from the HeadHuggers website. This was my first time doing an entire piece in loop stitch (which is funny considering how long I've been crocheting.) This was also done in red heart.

This is another picture of the hat, with me looking young and pensive.

This is a nautilus that I made a couple of days ago, again for my bf (can you say pampered?) We have a running joke involving the nautilus. I used Snork's pattern, and we agree that it is VERY hard on the fingers! However, I'm really happy with it, especially the dimensions of the shell.

A shawl that I began at 3am yesterday morning. I've worked on it for about ten or eleven hours. Sadly, I completely busted my stash of this lovely Caron Simply Soft in Dark Sage, and so I'm going to have to wait quite some time before I can get more to finish it. I plan on this shawl being gigantic, with the back point at ankle length, when I finish it. I'm about 5'9", so it's going to be big.

A closer shot of the shawl's stitches. The pattern is very basic. You can find it here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20011005000949/http://www.cei.net/~vchisam/groovy/sh-2.html

I left out the stripes and completely disregarded the final length.

Thank you for looking!

R.A.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some people have midnight snacks.
I have midnight amigurumis. ^_^

www.yarncreations.wordpress.com

"Oh, Ackbar. You dumb, dumb, dumb fish man."
---My boyfriend
Oph1227
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008 12:01:21 PM »

all neat!

Thats so nice of you to make that hat for your Bf's mom, telll her good luck on the chemo!

The nautilus is adorable      ;]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ladyquestra

I am my intention trapped in flesh and bone.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008 12:02:44 PM »

I love, love, LOVE the hat.  I so wish I could crochet so I could make myself one.  It is the cutest thing ever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be who you are and do what you want, because those who matter don't care and those who care don't matter.
~Dr. Suess
RepentantAngel

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008 12:14:04 PM »

Thank you for the compliments!

The hat was fun to make, and I'm happy with the result. I get a kick out of looking at myself in it, mainly because if I took off the hat, my hair would be pretty much a brunette version of it. ^_^ Lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

---My boyfriend
Elensule
Yeah, I'm THAT girl...

The Zydrate comes in a little glass vial...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008 12:32:58 PM »

Oh my, my my... I love the hat. Also... I made my first shawl this summer, and i am TOTALLY smitten. Seriously, I like having something to wrap up in without having to wear a sweatshirt, so therefore... I can't wait to make another shawl! I was thinking of doing one in Caron Simply Soft (I LOVE that yarn! And being a poor college student, I love that it goes on sale a lot, haha), but um... In bright green. And maybe pink. lol. But Dark Sage is lovely too. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I maked a wist! wists.com/Elensule

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=292681.0
The Repo! Swap!
RachelKristin
rude crude & tattooed

Vulgarity is my specialty

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008 09:54:36 PM »

awesome awesome work..i love the hat
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Tumblr page
http://rachelkristin.tumblr.com/

Check out my Etsy store to purchase some of my work!
http://rachelmckay.etsy.com

Do you Twitter? Follow me!
http://twitter.com/JigsawYouth

My Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rachelmckay/
RepentantAngel

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008 10:02:39 PM »

Oh my, my my... I love the hat. Also... I made my first shawl this summer, and i am TOTALLY smitten. Seriously, I like having something to wrap up in without having to wear a sweatshirt, so therefore... I can't wait to make another shawl! I was thinking of doing one in Caron Simply Soft (I LOVE that yarn! And being a poor college student, I love that it goes on sale a lot, haha), but um... In bright green. And maybe pink. lol. But Dark Sage is lovely too. Smiley

Well, I love capes and cloaks, but I know that they're not the most practical for everyday use, so I decided to create a shawl that can easily become a cape if I close it with a brooch at the neck. At the same time, I can snuggle up on the couch with it and watch a movie. The versatility makes it more useful. I plan on making another one in black, and possibly changing the pattern a little so that more of it hangs in front.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

---My boyfriend
JenGoPop
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008 01:28:24 PM »

Cool projects!  I'm seriously considering risking carpal tunnel syndrome and making that nautilus!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No more blog + no more facebook = more time for crafting!

I'm also JenGoPop at Ravelry.
RepentantAngel

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008 02:22:41 PM »

Cool projects!  I'm seriously considering risking carpal tunnel syndrome and making that nautilus!  Grin

It's a killer, but it's totally worth it!

R.A.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

---My boyfriend
Elensule
Yeah, I'm THAT girl...

The Zydrate comes in a little glass vial...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008 02:38:56 PM »

Well, I love capes and cloaks, but I know that they're not the most practical for everyday use, so I decided to create a shawl that can easily become a cape if I close it with a brooch at the neck. At the same time, I can snuggle up on the couch with it and watch a movie. The versatility makes it more useful. I plan on making another one in black, and possibly changing the pattern a little so that more of it hangs in front.

Yeah, I love capes and cloaks too; I have one that is like, ankle length (actually, it drags on the floor, but that is because I am short. Hah.) It really ISN'T practical, but I wear it all the time anyway. But I agree, making a huge one... It is rather tempting. Ah... It will probably be a winter time project, because my rest of the summer and early fall is taken up with... CHRISSIE PRESENTS. xD Too many. I am foolish..

Okay. I'll quit spamming your board now...xD NICE work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I maked a wist! wists.com/Elensule

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=292681.0
The Repo! Swap!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...