A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,067
Currently Running With Scissors:
489 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Three different bags  (Read 2363 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

klum78

Actual size shown

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 12, 2008 10:07:04 AM »

I made these for swaps awhile back.  The recipients were all happy with the results so I am pleased also.  The first two were both based off my partner's tastes so are very different.

This first one was made from an old wool sweater I had.  It had only been worn a few times before I shrunk it so I held onto it for reusing purposes.  My partner loves poppies and red so that's the reason for the pin  and lining fabrics choices.  I handsewed the pin, I really like the way it turned out.  It was based off of one she had in her etsy faves. 

Inside:

Close up of felt pin:

This was for a personal swap.  I loved the way it turned out.  I really wanted to keep it!  I used decor weight fabric for the outside.  I should have interfaced the handle but I though it would be stiff enough with out it.   It had two pockets plus a zippered pocket and a key loop.

This was made for the FOC Raffle Swap.  We were supposed to make our best item.  Well, my best item is a quilt but that wouldn't fit the size requirements.  So I made a patchwork purse instead.  It's more of a mini purse size, I think it was only 8 inches wide:

I didn't use a pattern and didn't plan ahead really well so I ended up having to hand sew in the lining and to attach the zipper.  I hate hand sewing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are in the process of switching over to cloth diapers.  Would love some advice, hint, tips.   Will swap for diapers!
My etsy shop: KimberlyMade
Wisty Goodness
1boy1girl1kitty2
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008 10:25:28 AM »

oo i really like that last one!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly - check out my profile for wishlist and wist
- looking for a HTF superhero squad knit fabric (cartoonish superman, iron man and the like)
freegrrl2000

Every time I blink I have a tiny dream....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008 10:26:17 AM »

They are all BEE YOO TI FULL! But I must say, I am in LOVE with the first one! The lining fabric is so amazing! Wherever did you get it? And the pin is very cute! Poppies are my favorite. Lovely job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now when you're finished say, "MY, what a lovely tea party!"
little me
Little Me Crafts

Enjoy Life's Little Pleasures

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008 10:51:19 AM »

Nice bags. I like the fabric for the 2nd bag & I like the pin. How did you attach the red felt to the black? I don't see any stitches?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

klum78

Actual size shown

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008 11:02:59 AM »

Nice bags. I like the fabric for the 2nd bag & I like the pin. How did you attach the red felt to the black? I don't see any stitches?

Thanks for the comments!

On the pin, the bottom black felt is attached to the red only in the middle and where the beads are attached.  If I knew how to embroider, I would have done a pretty blanket stitch on the outside of the red petals, but I don't. 

freegrrl2000- The poppy fabric just came off JoAnne's quilting wall.  I had been eying it for awhile so this gave me an excuse to buy some. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are in the process of switching over to cloth diapers.  Would love some advice, hint, tips.   Will swap for diapers!
My etsy shop: KimberlyMade
Wisty Goodness
letmysoulshine
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008 12:57:10 PM »

I love all 3 of your bags, but especially love 2nd one!!  Sorry you had to give it away for a swap...I guess you will just have to make another one for yourself!  Wink  I have only made a few bags and have given them all away except for one!  I need to make one for myself and think I may just have to attempt one that looks similar to your second one!  Super cute, great job! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
threegirlsandaboy
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008 02:33:01 PM »

Great work on all of them.  Number 2 is my favorite-- I love those fabrics!  Fantastic! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SnoCro
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008 01:50:13 PM »

Great bags! I love them all! Question about the last one - is the strap only on one side like a little wrist strap? I'm making a similar bag (in look and size) and i was considering doing  wrist strap but i didn't know if it would look silly or not...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kathigarn
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008 07:47:38 PM »

Very nice!!  I really like the fabric in the middle one!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mocosa

I sleep with a monster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008 09:14:04 PM »

I love the fabric u used fot the linign of the fisrt one! is like u have a universe of colours inside it!!! so cool!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FIND ME HERE TOO!!!
http://blog.mocosa.net
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Noelle Sciacca Talks About Snagging Designer Pieces on Sale
A Perfect Outfit for Work
At Home with Jayna Maleri of Lucky Magazine
How to Pull Off a Denim Vest This Summer
How to Dress down an Outfit with a Jean Jacket
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...