A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,514
Currently Running With Scissors:
562 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Home sweet... SOLD!!~ Window Treatments **Fat with picture goodness*  (Read 2670 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sinamint
Sweet... yet bahd! Oooh yeah!

A treat to tempt you!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 11, 2008 08:59:17 PM »

My first own crafty post! Wink

So my boyfriend and I worked like mad fools to give our home that we put up for sale as appealing to the buyers as possible! Since our agent knew I had a capability of sewing she set me to the task of creating new window treatments for our very tired looking windows. Sadly I do not have a before picture. Please imagine some horrid looking vertical blinds Wink Since this was my boyfriend's home I felt intimidated putting my thumbprint on it. Funny how when put to task it has really come to reflect some of my personal tastes!  Cheesy

Since the house has been sold, I am happy with the finla results, (also my boyfriend's mother who helped with these! Wink )

Here they are for your viewing pleasure!
The main entry...
(outside)

(inside)

(detail)

Next, to welcome you is the kitchen!
This one took three attempts before I got the exact vision! Here it is in all it's glory, exactly like I wanted it.

More detail

...and closer now! See the stitching detail!! Wink

The frame for the window treatment was made by my boyfriend. I stapled the fabric parts to that they can be washed or changed by the next owners.

Next room to welcome you is the living room/ dining room. These two rooms share the same wall so the window treatments had to be the same in my mind. The fabric was chosen by my boyfriend. I am not particularly partial to florals... but it does work for this room.... (sorry no picture of the wall with both window treatments)

Patio door/dining room window

Living room window

Moving on to the Fun rooms! The master bedroom!!!
It was soooo hard to find something to go with these mustard coloured walls. I walked many a fabric store before I found the prefect fabric match. A valance up to the ceiling, as suggested by my boyfriend's mom would give a stately look and long sheer like drapes one the side. This would give a male and female look for a master bedroom... or so I believe Grin

in detail...

Closed drapes (looks more elegant at night!)

The result was to continue with the same look, yet with a difference for the ensuite with a cafe rod look with pleats at hte bottom and a valance the same at the top.

Last to welcome you, the two additional rooms. (Both rooms are the same) These window treatments are near to my heart for some reason. I fussed over them more than the others and am really proud of them. I additionally added to the structure of these with a 1/4" doweling at the top so that the fabric would not flop down.

In detail...

Whew!!! All done!! One Week after the house was on the market it was SOLD!!! My boyfriend's mother claims is the great sewing work! Wink

« Last Edit: July 11, 2008 09:12:47 PM by Sinamint - Reason: Spelling! ERCK! Awefull... » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008 09:29:32 PM »

Congratulations!  You did some clever work there and it seems to have done the trick!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

luv2draw
luv2draw

La la la la la la!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008 10:03:51 PM »

Nice job! I have a bunch of window treatments I need to make for my house...your post gives me a little kick in the pants Smiley

Congrats on selling your house!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

La la la la la!
spookycookies
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008 08:34:57 PM »

Great job, that's a lot of window treatments, I bet it really helped sell your place.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chloesmama
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008 08:49:22 AM »

Congrats!!!  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sinamint
Sweet... yet bahd! Oooh yeah!

A treat to tempt you!

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008 12:37:52 PM »

Grin Thank you! Yeah I think it helped with the sale. Plus it gave me a good practice run for our new home. Most of it is really easy. When you get down to it, measure, measure... and measure!

Nice job! I have a bunch of window treatments I need to make for my house...your post gives me a little kick in the pants Smiley

Once you get going you will see it will go quickly. Plus you get the warm fuzzy "I did that" feeling. Good luck with your windows!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
peiperwolff
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008 06:02:14 AM »

Congratulations selling the house, I bet the window treatments did have a lot to do with it.  Odd, isn't it, if a house looks more cared for and loved through little details, it gives a buyer so much encouragement to purchase.

And you've given me some great ideas, thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Spicy Chicken Curry Recipe
Momofuku Culinary Lab Creates Flavor Explosion
How to Make a 90 Second Thai Chicken Pizza
Easy Chicken Curry Recipe
How to Prepare Homemade Lo Mein
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...