A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 309,703
Currently Running With Scissors:
649 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pottery Barn Sample.....Beautiful Bag!! Update 7-13-08  (Read 5304 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AlexisMomOf3
Canadian Craftin' Momma

Sew Sew Sew!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008 07:38:44 AM »

Those are cute hand bags, I love em!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mother to 4 beautiful crazy children that loves to sew, make bows and photography.

www.thecanadiancrafters.com
cindygert
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2008 12:07:46 PM »

Wow  Shocked
Great job!!! Beautiful bags I love them all.  Did you make your own pattern? Iam going to go to Pottery Barn by me and ask them for samples? Will will see maybe I get lucky!!
That was very cleaver idea?
What kind of interfacing did you use? name ? number?
 For years I used heavyweight sew in interfacing ULTRA Firm from wallmart, but now I can not find it any more  Angry They change supplier and now they make something called the same but not as stiff.
I am looking to for some new kind of interfacing so I would appreciate your help
thanks

This is my own pattern.  This is actually my first pattern that I am making bags from.  Usually I just look at the fabric and make a bag.....no pattern.  This takes forever so I decided that I would look at a size of fabric that I have and make a pattern for that size.  I think I will be able to make my bags faster.

The interfacing is from JO-ANN's.  It is pellon and it is extra firm no fusing.  It is 5.99 a yard......yikes.  If any one knows of any good ones that might be cheaper that would interest me.  I know I can wait for it to go 50 off or use the 40 off coupon but if there are other resources I would like to know.

I know what you mean about the WalMart one.  I found that too and loved it.  This stuff is not as stiff either.  I just got some of that plastic grid stuff.  I think it used for rug hooking.  I am going to try that because I carried the bag around this weekend and it kind of buckles on the top.  I will let you know what I come up with.  I am going to perfect this pattern.....if it kills me. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.cindygert.com
www.cindygert.etsy.com

Please become a fan of cindygert on my Face Book page.
http://www.facebook.com/cindygert?ref=nf
akriti
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2008 02:39:53 PM »

Awesome purses!!! very elegant!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cindygert
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2008 03:54:48 PM »

This is my Go Bucks! bag.

This is my 14th state bag.

I cant believe I am showing these pictures.....I look 8 months pregnant.  I am not prego at all.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.cindygert.com
www.cindygert.etsy.com

kunickamonika
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2008 04:50:58 PM »

The interfacing is from JO-ANN's.  It is pellon and it is extra firm no fusing.  It is 5.99 a yard......yikes.  If any one knows of any good ones that might be cheaper that would interest me.  I know I can wait for it to go 50 off or use the 40 off coupon but if there are other resources I would like to know.

Hello.
Thanks for the respond but can you tell me a number for that pellon from Jo Ann you use is it sew-in or fusible. there are may there . 50 heavy weight, 65 extra heavy or 70 Peltex which one?
I went today to Jo and got some Fusible fleece for 5.99$ Sad I will try make some bags with it. I have never work with it before so we will see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cindygert
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2008 06:27:52 PM »

70 peltex...no fusing.  I just bought some.  I did not know the number before when I replied.  I literally just got back from JoAnn's.  Hope that helps. 

Oh...for the buckling, I found that if I put a strip of that double sided fusible interfacing in between the straps (inside the bag) it keeps it from doing that.  I will carry the bag tomorrow and see if that works.  Oh the journey to the perfect bag.

Also on a side note, I love the fleece interfacing on the sides of my tote bags.  On the very bottom of the bag I use the double sided interfacing.  It is the stiffest interfacing.  I just spoke to someone at Joanns and she said to use quilters plastic.  It is really thin but sturdy and no matter how you bend it it always comes back to its original shape.  I have not tried it though.  For an 18x24 piece it was  around $3.50.  But if it works it would be worth it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.cindygert.com
www.cindygert.etsy.com

kunickamonika
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2008 08:07:54 PM »

hi.
Thank you so much I will go tomorrow to Jo Ann to get some 70 peltex  Cheesy
I can not wait to make a bag with it.
on the bottom of totes I use plastic canvas , two pieces usually glued together (I use hot glue gun). It works form me its sift but flexible so i can still turn the bag inside out.

One more question when you make your clutch (brown  first page) is flap part separate and then you sew it to the back? i would like to See the back  and  bottom of that clutch. I love clutches..and I always look for new ideas and new shapes. I love this one very much. I am going to get peltex tomorrow .Hihihi Grin
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008 08:11:37 PM by kunickamonika » THIS ROCKS   Logged
cindygert
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2008 08:50:12 PM »

This is the back.  (I only have a picture of the green one right now) the brown one is the same.

This is the inside.

It is all one piece.  Maybe when I perfect it, I will give a tut. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.cindygert.com
www.cindygert.etsy.com

Arin
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2008 07:42:44 AM »

Hi Cindy,

First of all you DO NOT LOOK PREGNANT!!!!

Secondly, can you STOP making bags?!?!?!?!  How the heck am I suppose to decide on which one I love the most and which one I want to buy if you keep making theses FABULOUS bags?Huh

Just teasing, love the new bags. They are so pretty  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.
Mocosa

I sleep with a monster

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2008 09:18:32 AM »

wowww!!! those purses looks great!!! My sister birthday is coming soon , and they look perfect for her... u may have a new costumer jejejjee  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FIND ME HERE TOO!!!
http://blog.mocosa.net
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mac & Cheese Burger : Pinkies Out
How to Make Buffalo Popcorn Chicken Bites
You Can Waffle That: 3 Non-Traditional Waffle Iron Recipes
Grilled Classic Peanut Butter Jelly Sandwich Recipe
Dodger Dog Faces Sweet Competition From New Krispy Kreme and Churro Dog
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Making Toys
May 27, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Solar Light Garden Mushroom

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...