A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,586
Currently Running With Scissors:
536 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: For Bento-enthusiasts and newbies! (kind of long + now with pics!)  (Read 11394 times)
Tags for this thread: bento , salad  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dawnofdolls
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2008 06:35:45 AM »

Good info for newbies.   Grin

I've been shopping around trying to find a cute new bento box/set.  I'm trying a gluten-free diet for awhile for improved energy, and bento is actually a great option since it veers away from the typical American 'sandwich' lunch.    Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please visit my Etsy shop:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/DawnOfDollz
dawnofdolls
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2008 06:50:29 AM »

...and FYI, you can find some really cute bento boxes here:

http://www.sugarcharms.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=50_54&zenid=f0827378c317dc321866e0f19fc2b8e0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please visit my Etsy shop:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/DawnOfDollz
kawaiimaru

you're a rubber snake!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2008 12:27:39 PM »

does anyone know of any sites where i can find more... masculine bento boxes?
im moving in with my boyfriend in a few months and im gonna bento it up, but he needs a box!

all i can find are really girly ones [like, a thousand that i want!], or really boring "manly" ones [like plain blue or black].

i really want something cute/silly but not pink!

p.s. he really likes cephalopods and we tease that he has "goku hair" so dragonball or something squishy from the sea would be ideal, in the event that you know where i could find the *perfect* bento box for him

TIA! <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's be spies...

and wear interesting hats!
AromaRageST
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2008 12:35:46 PM »

im moving in with my boyfriend in a few months and im gonna bento it up, but he needs a box!

all i can find are really girly ones [like, a thousand that i want!], or really boring "manly" ones [like plain blue or black].

p.s. he really likes cephalopods and we tease that he has "goku hair" so dragonball or something squishy from the sea would be ideal, in the event that you know where i could find the *perfect* bento box for him

TIA! <3

I've found ebay is good for non girly boxes. Ive seen plenty of dragonball ones and I have a blue 'Animals of the sea' one from there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kawaiimaru

you're a rubber snake!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2008 03:02:20 PM »

TIA! <3

I've found ebay is good for non girly boxes. Ive seen plenty of dragonball ones and I have a blue 'Animals of the sea' one from there.

alright cool. ill check it out Smiley thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's be spies...

and wear interesting hats!
wrdgirl
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2009 01:10:35 AM »

Hi guys!

I have some awesome pictures of creative bento box food arrangements that I keep getting in my emails and would love to share them with the Craftster community but there's no category for just "food" arrangements and I found this thread so I guess this is where they will go.

These are pictures that have been floating around on the web so I do not know who made these and I do not claim to have made them but it wouldn't be the first time they're out in the public so here goes some of them:

« Last Edit: April 21, 2009 01:29:05 AM by wrdgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Avian Flight
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2009 09:48:35 AM »

TIA! <3

yeah ebay is great, also check out ichibankanusa.com (also from japan but distributed in US, cheap prices!) and jbox.com (from japan).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
Zye
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2009 08:39:01 PM »

*snicker* you said weener.

all joking aside, I like the idea of bento. I've had a lot of free time lately with nothing (productive) to do, and since we don't have the pocket cash to go out to eat as often as we did, and since we've started taking food to work instead of buying from the overpriced cafeteria, I've been forced into realizing again how much I love cooking (and how easy it is!). Best of all, my husband comes home from work telling me that his lunch buddies refuse to believe that I'm making the food because it looks too good for homemade LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HellaCaj
Caj as in Casual

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2009 12:29:06 AM »

Interesting to learn. I love presentation food. Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join me at ISS Schaumburg in August. ISS covers embroidery, screen printing, sublimation and direct-to-garment printing and offers hands on classes. 30 minute drive from my place. Pajama party, my house!
kanhakanha
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2009 04:52:09 PM »

You can heat up refrigerated rice easily. Just put a bit of water on it and cover then nuke. The water keeps the rice moist so it's not dry. It works pretty well for me. Also if you rice is a hard as a brick, ie you crammed it into a too small container, just use a fork to loosen it up a little before nuking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set Spot Meter Function
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set Shutter Priority (S) Function
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set Image Quality/Resolution Function
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set Program Mode (P)
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set Manual Mode (M)
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...