A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,557
Currently Running With Scissors:
765 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Disposable camera swap 5 (SIGN-UPS CLOSED, SEND-OUT 8/21/2008)  (Read 18484 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

junostoker
Woah!!

I love Ty

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 27, 2008 08:59:47 AM »

Oh no! I wanted to send some digital pics on a disk to my partner along with the disposable camera. I hope we can still do it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

c
PlumCrafty
« Reply #181 on: July 27, 2008 03:08:19 PM »

- Mixed CDs containing copyrighted music or similar, including copied software, CDs, DVDs, etc.
I think the key bit here are "mixed CDs" and "copyrighted". As you take the photographs yourself, you own the copyright and are free to distribute them as you see fit.

However, you could not download a cute jpeg from the internet on to the CD or create a slideshow with with a theme song, as the song/web image would have copyright issues. Basically, a CD containing only your images and nothing else should be okay.

The last one I participated, we sent CDs, but I wait to hear bsonlytoots reply to here query..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

2012 Swaps
Nov: SS Ornament R3
Sep: MALC 6x6 Canvas
Aug: 4x6 Art5
Jul: Hand-Carved Stamp4 and Vintage
Jun: Journal for a Month2
May: 4x6 Art2 and Crafted Cushion Cover2
Apr: Beginners Inchie3
Mar: Art Journal
BioformCallie
« Reply #182 on: July 27, 2008 03:12:11 PM »

They changed the FAQ and now you are not allowed to send a cd at all because there is no way for the mod's to know whether there is copyright material on it or not.

In FAQ question 14: - Since we have no way to verify the legality of burned CDs, none should be sent in swaps at all, regardless of whether they're music, text, images, audio books, etc.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008 03:13:57 PM by BioformCallie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I may be a hopeless yarn addict but at least I dont share my needles.
www.kniftyknonsense .com

http://www.wists.com/rosesandguns

Dishcloths - 19
PlumCrafty
« Reply #183 on: July 27, 2008 03:21:17 PM »

In which case I suggest that we only upload to the website. Does anyone have a flickr account or are digi-peeps all happy to use photobucket?

Bests to be safe than sorry.  Wink

We will need to also checkout how easily it is to order the prints from these sites too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

2012 Swaps
PlumCrafty
« Reply #184 on: July 27, 2008 03:27:47 PM »

The username is: CameraSwapRound5
The password is: Craftster   (make sure use use a capital "C")

On the left side of the page when you log in you can create a new album in this album .... everyone can create a new ablum for themselves with their craftster username as the album name!

This is on www.photobucket.com, could all digi-peeps please set up their folders in anticipation for their partners to start ordering prints (or indeed a mug!) from. You can also paste the link of your three favourites into the gallery.

For those film-peeps, feel free to add "extras" in your own folder. However your film will be the primary item, and it is from this you should upload into the gallery when we create it.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008 03:33:38 PM by PlumCrafty » THIS ROCKS   Logged

2012 Swaps
elvissatx
Bad Girl Upset By The Truth

Ruby, my smart fortwo cabriolet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #185 on: July 27, 2008 03:40:49 PM »

The username is: CameraSwapRound5
The password is: Craftster   (make sure use use a capital "C")

On the left side of the page when you log in you can create a new album in this album .... everyone can create a new ablum for themselves with their craftster username as the album name!

This is on www.photobucket.com, could all digi-peeps please set up their folders in anticipation for their partners to start ordering prints (or indeed a mug!) from. You can also paste the link of your three favourites into the gallery.

For those film-peeps, feel free to add "extras" in your own folder. However your film will be the primary item, and it is from this you should upload into the gallery when we create it.

I've probably missed this, but I'm also easily confused so that could also be the problem.  Do we upload the pictures we take into our album?  Or into our partner's album?

And can we start uploading now?  Or should we wait until all of our pictures are taken?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008 03:44:03 PM by elvissatx - Reason: I thought of another question. Doh! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cool!  I made the Best of 2009 twice!   Check 'em out! 

Yo-Yo Dress of Doom http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=299010.0

Smart Santa Hat http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=330595.0
BioformCallie
« Reply #186 on: July 27, 2008 03:44:50 PM »

Sorry to rain on the parade. Unless the weather is bad I'm going to head out to take pictures tomorrow. I've already got my frame mostly done and I'll probably be able to send fairly early.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I may be a hopeless yarn addict but at least I dont share my needles.
www.kniftyknonsense .com

http://www.wists.com/rosesandguns

Dishcloths - 19
PlumCrafty
« Reply #187 on: July 27, 2008 03:52:05 PM »

Upload into your own album, this is what your partner will print from. It also means its easier to track who has taken what photo. Wink

It would be helpful that you upload when you send your frame; it will make it easier for me to ensure you have done both.  Cheesy

BioformCallie, you are not raining on anyone's parade! I'm glad you are so organised and look forward to seeing your pics soon. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

2012 Swaps
smittenheart

Let go of what's already gone..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #188 on: July 27, 2008 03:56:33 PM »

Upload into your own album, this is what your partner will print from. It also means its easier to track who has taken what photo. Wink

It would be helpful that you upload when you send your frame; it will make it easier for me to ensure you have done both.  Cheesy

isnt this what I was trying to do earlier and was told that the photobucket was for my partner to put up photos when they receive..

so I can set up my own folder with 'smittenheart' and upload my photos and just mail the frame..right?Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

its ME!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=327537.0

http://cowandpigdesigns.etsy.com
http://cowandpigdesigns.blogspot.com
Soap licking is dangerous..please dont try it at home

will trade some soap for a superhero cape which will be used by the kid in my avatar ^^
bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #189 on: July 27, 2008 04:07:39 PM »

In the last swap I believe they used the photobucket account for rec'd photos, as in: When I send my photo disc to my partner then she uploads the photos that I took into her album. Otherwise, it'll spoil the pictures.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008 04:08:07 PM by bsonlytoots » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter H
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter I
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter J
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter L
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter K
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...