A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,034
Currently Running With Scissors:
581 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty or slowly going insane... you decide!  (Read 12435 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2008  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

3littlechicks
Mom to minions

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2008 02:04:27 PM »

Marsala is a Black Marans, she is very pretty with black iridescent feathers, black legs and black eyes.   And she will lay chocolate colored eggs!    When she starts laying I want to blow out some of her eggs and use the for crafts.

That would look beautiful! All the different colored egg shells would look great in a mosaic piece.You could use some of those pretty feathers too. Chickens are great for crafting! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Teresa_T
Without Cats I'm Nothing

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2008 04:26:29 PM »

Oh thank you for the pictures of all the girls. They are very pretty indeed. It's nice that you can have them legally in your area. I think it's changing as more people do have chickens for pets. It is fun to watch them in the yard as they peck and hunt. They will usually stay together and it's cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
balkandina

Junk+funk+glue=Art

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2008 07:48:11 PM »

This rocks in a chickalicious way!! I grew up with chickens who would poke out my eyeballs before they'd let me put such an adorable party hat on them!! Now I'm going to have to see if my rabbit will allow it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People sometimes reproach me with having neither genius nor talent nor deep feeling, but I have a will of my own"Isadora Duncan
T-Unit

Zomg. I <3 You Jack & Ianto

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2008 08:50:23 PM »

This is so adorable.!

I also come from the "I used to have chickens but they'd rather scratch out my eyeballs than wear party hats" group. Only they'd rather eat or peck at my toes.

Here's a question for vegan people. Possibly a silly question. But if you keep chickens as pets, and naturally they lay eggs. What do you do with those eggs? Can you eat them cause they aren't battery/caged egg chickens? or would that still come under the no eaty policy.

(and yes, before I get flamed for not ""knowing"" what a vegan "is" I do, I know that they do not eat or wear animal products etc.

I just think that this is an interesting question. Most vegans i know don't eat animal products for the animal cruelty factor. But it doesn't seem cruel to me to eat eggs your well fed well looked after chickens lay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal integrity and being true to yourself. True keys to happiness.

Wist
thegracklegirl
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2008 05:18:57 AM »

That's a very good question! I know vegans who do indeed use the eggs to either feed the chickens (a scrambed mash including the shells makes for good calcium) or for friends or even for themselves to consume. And I know others who completely reject the idea based on principle. It really varies among people.

Myself, I happen to agree with you that consuming the eggs is fine if the chickens laying them are happy and well cared for. I see no problem with that.

I dont think anyone here will flame you for asking a good question.

This is so adorable.!

I also come from the "I used to have chickens but they'd rather scratch out my eyeballs than wear party hats" group. Only they'd rather eat or peck at my toes.

Here's a question for vegan people. Possibly a silly question. But if you keep chickens as pets, and naturally they lay eggs. What do you do with those eggs? Can you eat them cause they aren't battery/caged egg chickens? or would that still come under the no eaty policy.

(and yes, before I get flamed for not ""knowing"" what a vegan "is" I do, I know that they do not eat or wear animal products etc.

I just think that this is an interesting question. Most vegans i know don't eat animal products for the animal cruelty factor. But it doesn't seem cruel to me to eat eggs your well fed well looked after chickens lay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
T-Unit

Zomg. I <3 You Jack & Ianto

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2008 09:26:03 AM »

Thanks for your reply, I think it is pretty interesting. I may have to discuss this idea with vegan's/vego's I know Smiley

(and sorry for seeming to hijack/kill the thread!)

I still love this idea...

Party hat on a chicken. I wish I animal's who lived with me to dress up.! haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal integrity and being true to yourself. True keys to happiness.

Wist
vertigoat
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2008 12:09:51 PM »

i hope you don't mind.. your chicken is temporarily my wallpaper. that just brought a big ol' smile to my face. so perfect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mojomuppet
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2008 09:06:23 PM »

mr muppet wants to know where your chicken named Finger is?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

i have to make things for my house as all my money goes to feed two cats, a dog, a hedgehog, a tarantula, two frogs, a snake and two humans
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2009 09:59:43 AM »

Congrats!!

Craftster Best of 2008!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.[/center]
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Megan Moore: My Week in Beauty Challenge
Marianna Hewitt: My Week in Beauty Challenge
Mallory Cornelison: My Week in Beauty Challenge
Ivy Boyd: My Week in Beauty Challenge
Alyssa Wallace: My Week in Beauty Challenge
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...