Swap name: Beaded Art Dollz Kit
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:Elphalba
Sign-up date range:7/8/08-7/19/08
Date to send item by:8/9/08
Limited to a certain number of people?: Yes the first 20 who PM swap details to me and meets the guidlines.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Age requirement? 13-15 (with parental permission) and up
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YESDetails of swap:
This Swap is for those interested in swapping beaded art doll kits. It is not for finished beaded art dolls, however each participant will be expected to assemble a doll body and face to include in kit.
Each Beaded Art Doll Kit is to contain:
1. Assembled & stuffed Doll Body Form. Doll Must be between 3-5 inches tall
2. A variety small craft baggies with beads,including both seed beads, tube beads, tri's etc. along other speciality beads, or misc. in colors coordinated to compliment the piece as a whole.
3. A small craft baggie with a variety of fibers, ribbons or other misc that you feel would compliment the doll.
4. A Baked Polymer CABOCHON Doll Face or something else suitable to act as a face for a doll. Must be sized to fit doll you are sending. ( see samples in link below )
5. An basic instruction sheet on how to bead an art doll. I will gladly send an e-mail with a word attachment to anybody in the swap who pm's me with a request for one to include for their partner.
Each participant will be expected to have good communication and pm me and your partner if anything unexpected arises that will require a late mail out. If this is not done it will be noted in feedback at end of swap. Excellent communication will also be noted. :-)
Delivery confirmation will be required for this swap. Please e-mail me with DC#s after you mail.Now for the links!!! :-)
Examples of baked polymer cabochon faces can be viewed at:http://home.flash.net/~mjtafoya/mycabs/polymer/index.htm
Examples of Dolls made by various artisits can be found by clicking on the artisits names at this site:http://www.hodous.com/DollPages/dollgallery.htm
You can create your own doll pattern or download a free one from Kivett Studios:http://www.kivett-studio.com/patterns.html
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 13 years old (yes/no)
What are your favorite colors?
Are there any colors that you cant stand?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:
Partners!! ( We were at an odd # so I have two )
Tiegan <-----> Panda
Tatteredspider <-----> Bhean
Lmcbride <-----> Jeane
Linda P <----->TreeTree
Superhooker <-----> Tiegan