A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,967
Currently Running With Scissors:
696 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Atlanta Area Crafting Group  (Read 21471 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bluehairedmary

Craft or Be Crafted!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2004 10:20:37 AM »

Unfortunately, stitching and bitching is post-poned for lunch with the mother-in-law-to be (who introduces me to distant family members and family friends as the "wife" even though we're not offically engaged yet).  It's not all that bad; she's a very nice woman.  The wife thing does unnerve me some. Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crafty mama
ooh. snap crackle poop.

I'm a llama's mama!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2004 01:56:09 PM »

Alright, I skpped it too. I just wanted to mention that people might think about bringing any good crafting books they have and we could pass those around, too, at the meeting. It could be fun to see what everyone is into and to get ideas and all. Good stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Under my mattress
I keep boxes of beautiful dreams
And late at night
When no ones in sight
They come out and whisper to me - J,LC
divasteph

The crafty diva is on the loose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2004 10:58:05 AM »

by the way - sorry this is so delayed in posting it here....

4520 Roswell Road (Sandy Springs Location), Atlanta, GA View Map
When:  Wednesday, May 12, 7:00pm
Phone:  (404)-303-8244

http://www.violetdesigns.com/atlantacraftingnews.html

Contact Stephanie with any questions at Stephanie@violetdesigns.com or 770-374-8506

Objective:
To Learn, Network, Make Friends, and Have Fun In an Artsy Environment

Projects This Meeting:
*Review of Past Projects
*Show and Tell (whatever crafty thing you are working on)
*Discuss Future Meetings
*Free Craft

This week we have decided to do a review of all the past projects we have done so if you missed past meetings you can still learn ... we will also be discussing what kinds of future projects you would like to do. The majority of our time will be spent on free crafting - just doing whatever project you want to do or are working on right now. For Instance - I need to finish up my handmade Bat Mitzvah Invitations... Susan is in the middle of a Knitting Project... etc etc... bring whatever thing tickles your fancy (so to speak) and let us see what you are working on.
We will bring extra materials so if you aren't currently working on a project let us help you start a new one.

past projects:
record bowls
glass marble magnets
sublime stitching embroidery
subversive cross stitch
glass etching
microscope slide pendants
felt flowers

WHAT TO BRING:

*Whatever stuff you need for your project plus if you have materials from past projects bring some of those too.... also finished products from past projects

Sponsors: www.violetdesigns.c om and caribou coffee

xoxo

stephanie - cell - 770-374-8506
THIS ROCKS   Logged

divasteph

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2004 08:03:25 AM »

Ok guys...

As far as supplies --- I have stuff to make marble (tacks) like marble magnets but with tack backs instead of magnets - I have embroidery hoops for cross-stitch and embroidery - however this morning my mind went blank when trying to fins the sublime stitching patterns - so if any of you can bring some sublime stitching patterns and or an iron - that would rock... i don't know if courtney is coming but she said she had materials to bring to make your own patterns... I also have the glass etching stuff - and everything to make the microscope slide pendents other than the microscope slides ... so if anyone has those to bring... I have tons of felt for felt flowers... and embroidery floss for cross-stitch and embroidery... i have a few needles, etc too - so come on out and bring whatever extra materials you have!!!
xoxo
Steph
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ednathewitch
« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2004 08:58:25 AM »

I can bring needles and embroidery floss, along with my pile of felt. I'll also bring some cheapo yarn (I too out of a job to be a yarn snob) and knitting needles/crochet hooks if anyone's interested in giving it a try. I give better knitting pointers than I do crochet, but I know some of the basics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ever feel that you *have* to use a signature?

nytefalle.com/blog | nytefalle.etsy.com
reelretrogrrl
« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2004 07:41:33 AM »

Hurray for the big group yesterday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://theknittinator.blogspot.com

To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.
- Joseph Chilton Pearce
divasteph

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: May 13, 2004 02:02:19 PM »

yay-- i second that susan - so glad you all could come!!!
Our next get together will feature a project by Jen -you guys last night saw her cool felt/yarn rug project-
So, a bunch of people expressed interest in making them - so, thats what we will be doing...

i will post the email i sent out today...
"Hey Guys,
I try not to advertise too many atlanta area events and what not - but since there was a whole lot of knitting going on last night I thought I would suggest something that Jenny (eisenberg) and I have attended before. I don't know how familar everyone is with meetup.com but they have a knitting group that meets once a month ... the next meeting is next week - jenny has been 2x and I have been once - it's usually a small group - willing to teach working on great projects... I am planning on attending (susan is also)...

here is the info...

Wednesday, May 19 @ 7:00PM at Caribou Coffee
1551 Piedmont Ave, Atlanta, GA

or go to meetup.com and look at all the other groups they have...
xoxo
Stephanie"

NOTE: it's not our usual caribou it's the one in midtown across from ansley mall...
xoxo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

divasteph

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: May 13, 2004 04:28:58 PM »

By the Way - the info about the drive-in
everyone is welcome to come...

Mondo Movie Night At The Drive-In

2000 Moreland Ave SE, Atlanta, GA View Map
When:  Sunday, May 16, 8:00pm
Phone:  404-627-5786

Mondo Movie Night Always Consist of 2 Classic Sci-Fi Flicks at the Drive In ...

The Movies Showing are:
1) Road Warrior
2) Soylent Green

invite friends...

Susan and I had a very fun night last time - so, join us this time around!

I have not seen either of the films but Susan says Road Warrior is funny and I know Soylent Green is People, People!

The Starlight Six is open seven nights a week, rain or clear skies! Gates open at 7:45, movies start at 8:45, and all shows are $6.00 per person (yes, that covers both films per screen), with kids under 10 FREE.

Bring lawnchairs, blankets, coolers and picnic baskets (food and beer/wine, etc) if you want, but no dogs allowed, please.

*the film uses your car radio as a speaker so if you are going to sit outside and listen (as most people do) bring a battery operated radio with you if you don't want to leave your car on all night*

And if you have any questions - call my cell - 770-374-8506

xoxo
Steph

THIS ROCKS   Logged

adlib
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2004 05:56:51 AM »

Sorry I missed it - I was probably somewhere between Memphis and Birmingham on the WORST TRIP EVER from Arkansas to Georgia. I had a quarter tank of gas an hour west of Memphis and my debit card wouldn't work - turns out the transfer I made hadn't gone through yet and I had no credit cards and about $2 cash. So, I had to wait for Dave to wire money to the closest Western Union and lost like an hour during the whole ordeal. Then, I had to drive through torrential downpours with two screaming kids in the back seat and all the other drivers apparantly lost their brain when it started raining because they kept doing stupid crap like braking suddenly while hydroplaning. GAH!!!!

Yeah, so I would have much preferred embroidering with you guys. Glad it went well, though.

-Courtney
THIS ROCKS   Logged
divasteph

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2004 07:31:51 AM »

sorry we didnt end up going to the drive in - the rain and lightening scared us off - hope everyone had a fun weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Image Search Engine Walkthrough
Split Toning in Lightroom
Creating an Orange Sky in Lightroom
How to Create a Web Photo Gallery
How to Use the Luminance Feature in Lightroom, Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...