A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,575
Currently Running With Scissors:
572 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Atlanta Area Crafting Group  (Read 24073 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ednathewitch
« Reply #140 on: September 14, 2004 07:33:59 PM »

I think there's definitely a desire to continue with craft group. As I mentioned, I'm mostly swamped until the semester is over in December, but would try to offer up as much support as possible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ever feel that you *have* to use a signature?

nytefalle.com/blog | nytefalle.etsy.com
birdie_blue
« Reply #141 on: September 15, 2004 10:12:57 PM »

Aww shucks, and I just sent in my questionairre tonight!  Something about FALL just makes my glue gun want to dance, so please count me in if anyone's interested in getting together before the holidays!  I'm in Conyers, and don't mind driving 40 min or so to a neutral territory.  I would be willing to offer up meeting space at my place if enough show up at West Egg to follow through with another meeting.
I'm not really familiar with Howell Mill, but I'm guessing it's a little bit of a drive for me.  I can swing it though...weekends are better, weeknights are fine (but only if we can do it late enough to miss rush hour!).

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ednathewitch
« Reply #142 on: September 16, 2004 11:09:05 PM »

Don't worry about the questionaire. Steph is willing to pass on all the member info she has to who ever takes up the lead.

Anyone else willing to swing this on weekends? I looks like that'll be the best way to avoid traffic for those people who are a bit further out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty mama
ooh. snap crackle poop.

I'm a llama's mama!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: September 17, 2004 10:59:39 AM »

the only problem with that is that restaurants will also be more crowded on weekends. But I'm down with a weekend more central meeting time thing. What about meeting at someone's house? Or trying the room at michael's again? maybe a different michaels? any other thoughts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Under my mattress
I keep boxes of beautiful dreams
And late at night
When no ones in sight
They come out and whisper to me - J,LC
mediadiva
« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2004 09:45:55 AM »

I would be more then happy to host it at my house on any saturday or sunday. I live in Cumming.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mediadiva
« Reply #145 on: September 20, 2004 09:49:12 AM »

oh more info about me.. I have been to craft group and met steph and mellissa. I have been knitting for 4 months. I live in a cute little neighborhood in north cumming. I have one couch that can fit 2, and lots of chairs from my dinning room table, but you would maybe want to bring a pillow for your butt or back! Smiley I would also provide some sort of food to munch on and people could bring a treat if they wanted! And I can provide some water, tea and wine if people want! I don't drink soda so I would need to know if people wanted soda so I could get some.

www.pixiepurls.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mediadiva
« Reply #146 on: September 20, 2004 09:50:25 AM »

oh and I have a dog (can you say dog hair!) but I am more then happy to keep him in another room if anyone doesn't like dogs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zesi
« Reply #147 on: September 21, 2004 10:09:18 AM »

i live off fulton industrial, so something 30-35 minutes away from me would be fine, but more than that is a stretch for me to get there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
senlin
« Reply #148 on: September 22, 2004 09:31:53 AM »

Great - there are some posts! People are still interested!

I was thinking that maybe we could do 1 meeting a month in a public place and 1 meeting a month at someone's house.  I have several pros and cons:

1) Pro - we can do bigger and messier projects at someone's house.

2) Con - it could be intimidating for new members to just show up at a strangers house.

3) Con - as interest has waxed an waned, it would suck for hardcore members to have to takeover hosting duties as well as planning projects.

Does anyone want to try to do a planning meeting in Oct.?  I will be travelling towards the latter end of the month, so sometime between Oct 8 - Oct 15 would work best for me.

I messaged Steph, but haven't gotten a response.  Melissa - are you still in contact with her?  We need to get the evite list!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ednathewitch
« Reply #149 on: September 26, 2004 06:49:28 AM »

I'll try to get the evite list from Steph and send it along to you  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips for Conducting an Interview
Walter Mosley Talks Adapting Books to Films
That Awkward Moment Junket
The Nut Job
American Hustle Interviews
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Making Toys
May 27, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Solar Light Garden Mushroom

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...