A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,178
Currently Running With Scissors:
429 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Atlanta Area Crafting Group  (Read 23837 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

divasteph

The crafty diva is on the loose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2004 08:18:27 AM »

First Meeting :
Date- Wed, Feb 4th
Time - 7:oopm
Location- Michael's (craft store) in dunwoody
(off 400 exit 5a)
(off highway 9)
(near perimeter mall)
in perimeter pointe shopping center (with movie theatre) on perimeter center west... (hope that describes the location enough!)
have about 8 people who have said they think they will be there!

RSVP - to me - either by email, pm, or phone (7)374-8506
xoxo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

divasteph

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2004 08:18:13 AM »

I had a great time with those that came out - I know at least 2 are members of this board so i wanted to thank both of you kate and melissa and i can't wait for the next time --- I am pondering the 18th or 25th (the 25th is Ash Wed - do you think that will effect anyone?). The pictures from last night are up on the "site" http://www.violetdesigns.com/atlantacrafting.html
here is a little taste...

Please contact me with suggests and comments on what you thought of last night - I really enjoyed it!
xoxo

PS - melissa, i think that your driverside tail-light maybe out - i noticed it as you were exiting 400 - but then again i could just be jealous of your beautiful clean car and imagining it all!  Wink
« Last Edit: February 05, 2004 09:48:57 AM by divasteph » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ednathewitch
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2004 05:44:14 AM »

PS - melissa, i think that your driverside tail-light maybe out - i noticed it as you were exiting 400 - but then again i could just be jealous of your beautiful clean car and imagining it all!  

Wink My car? Clean?? I feel like such a bad Beetle owner right now. I haven't washed it in almost 2 months. I'd wash it every week when it was warm out. Yeah, I know about the light. It's the relay, since the light will come on every so often. I've had VW replace it once already. I'll tell them to do it again when I take it in for it's 15K service since they seemed to forget when it was in for it's 10K. Time to make a list of all the little nit-picky things wrong with the car so I can get it all done as warranty work before the 1 year is up in May.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ever feel that you *have* to use a signature?

nytefalle.com/blog | nytefalle.etsy.com
divasteph

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2004 07:24:19 AM »

yeh i need to take mine in for that recall i still havent done that - i guess at my 40K  Shocked --- i am the bad beetle owner!!! AHHH!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

adlib
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2004 08:41:24 AM »

It looks like you guys had fun! Great magnet, my favorite is the sumo wrestler.

I wish I could have come, but I had sick kids. Hopefully I'll make the next one. *sigh*

-Courtney
THIS ROCKS   Logged
divasteph

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2004 12:07:18 PM »

courtney you are welcome to join us anytime - the sumo wrestler magnet set was kate's  Wink --- i think everyone's magnets turned out grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...eat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

divasteph

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2004 02:49:14 PM »

i need to check with michael's
but i am going to predict the 25th will be the next meeting...
I recieved all of our sublime stitching stuff so i am going to say for right now the sublime stitching embroidery will be our group project this time but i am not sure what we should embroider? any ideas? something maybe everyone could pick up easily or has around their homes? needs to be under $5 also - what materials does everyone need to bring for this project --- embroidery floss? those hoop things??? anyone know how and willing to teach quickly?
 Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

laoni
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2004 11:23:03 AM »

Hmmm....do we just have the patterns from Sublime Stitching at this point? If so, then yeah, we'd need thread, needles, hoops, scissors.
Do the patterns come with a way to transfer them to the fabric?
Are there instructions as far as which stitch to use, etc?
I did a little bit of embroidery(mostly cross-stitch) a loooong time ago, but I'd definitely have to refresh on specific stitches.
As far as what to embroider....shirts, pillowcases, bags....maybe it's easiest to just let folks find something around their homes that they'd like to see embroidered. Which pattern kit are we using btw?
-Kate
THIS ROCKS   Logged
divasteph

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2004 12:16:30 PM »

kate - we have the patterns - you just need to hoop, floss, and a needle!

they are transferrable with an iron - so we need an iron - because my iron up and broked...lol about a week ago --- so if any one wants to volunteer to bring one...  Wink
I was just making out the invites right now - however i still need to check with michael's on the date!
xoxo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

adlib
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2004 04:59:28 PM »

I can bring an iron and extra needles and hoops (I have a couple). I've done some embroidery, but I only know like one stitch. Sublime Stitching has a pretty good outline of beginning stitches on the site. Maybe you could print that out for everyone to look at.

Also I have oodles of floss. Like craploads. I don't know tons of stitches, but I LOVE embroidery and use it as a de-stresser. I'll be the dork with the floss organizer briefcase  Tongue

-Courtney
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004 05:00:49 PM by adlib » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Perfect Grilled Chicken Wings for Fourth of July
How to Make a Sriracha and Stout Barbecue Sauce
Diner Celebrates Anniversary With 1956 Prices
Healthy Chia and Buckwheat Cereal
How to Grill the Perfect Burger with Chef Jamie Purviance
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...
Tute Tuesday: Fascinators

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...