A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,752
Currently Running With Scissors:
612 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stenciled Jonas Brothers T-Shirt  (Read 1126 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Watermelon.Tasha
I'm a leaf on the wind

I'm a leaf on the wind.

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2008 02:37:17 PM »

So I have seriously wanted to try stencilling, and since my sister loves the Jonas Brothers, I thought their logo would be great for my first try. I was inspired by a Craftster post (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=227938.0) by pinkpoodle230, and gave it a try using 3 seperate freezer paper stencils. I think it turned out well for a first try, and I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts!

Ps- I altered the orignal a bit, since there were so many details, and I was getting frustrated with the stencil.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
elliemom
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008 02:42:45 PM »

It looks great!!

I'm planning to try stenciling with freezer paper as well. Did you have any difficulty with you first try? Anything I should watch out for?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Watermelon.Tasha
I'm a leaf on the wind

I'm a leaf on the wind.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008 03:21:32 PM »

Well, I'll explain what I've learned from this project: I went to Michael's and bought acrylic paint and regular fabric paint, (although I'd reccomend fabric medium, because of it's versatility) and painted by stippling (up and down movements) in light layers with a sponge brush (which I bought a set of four for a dollar at a dollar store). I bought Reynold's freezer paper (the only brand that was available). I got the logo from a google search, and made it the size that I wanted, printed it out, and put the freezer paper (shiny side) down on the paper. I taped them both down on my rubber cutting mat, and cut out the black parts using an exacto knife. Next, I ironed the stencil (shiny side) down (again) onto the shirt, using the iron's no-steam setting. After the paint has dried, throw it inside out in the dryer, or iron it inside out to heat set it. I would reccommend a simple shape, since you have to remember that all the green parts inside of the logo were cut and ironed on separately. It's pretty easy, since you can peel off the freezer paper when you are done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
twonderland
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008 01:47:45 PM »

very cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Herb Seasoned Chicken Crunch Recipe
Seasoned Oven Baked Fries Recipe
Square Deal Hamburger Recipe
Cheddar Steak Sandwich Recipe
Basic Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...